Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Wasbappin was maybe the strangest CIA op I ever saw. If you told me they were on the mind control LSD trip again I wouldn't bat an eye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Dolphin posted:

feeling kinda dumb might delete later

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Flavius Aetass posted:

what technology do they think supplanted high-speed rail

The greatest triumph of capitalism: Teslas

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

soup. posted:

Didn't Hitler lose an election before coming back and taking power

Jesus christ. Joe biden IS Hindenburg

He lost a whole bunch until he won, because the conditions enabling his rise where never addressed, and his enemies never got their act together

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

alarumklok posted:

lol imagine having your entire, meager success be attributed to stepping on the coat tails of one joe biden. just the briefest proximity of relevance due to being a heckler for a hasbeen. lmao. rofl.

:eyepop:

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

loquacius posted:

so uh I guess Claudia Conway is on American Idol

and the producers surprised her with an on-air inspirational message from her mom, you know, her crazy psycho abusive mom that literally leaked her nudes because she was mad about an argument like two weeks ago

KHive has decided that clearly that means she was faking being abused

https://twitter.com/koshersemite/status/1361370787266125825

https://twitter.com/boggewitche/status/1361371502218776580?s=20

Very normal politics followers.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFb7BOI_QFc

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

According to sources within the Security State the Security State must be strengthened

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Reality Protester posted:

Health care is a right —

-wing policy only embraced by white ethnofascists. Please do better.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Crazypoops posted:

Eh, you guys got anymore of that movement stuff? I ran out, could really use a hit right now

sad trembling decorum junkie telling you he's cleaned up his act for real this time

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Top City Homo posted:

That's in the existential horror genre tho

Thomas Ligotti Presents: The West Wing

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

spacemang_spliff posted:

I'm sure democrats would agree that any criticism of the Chinese government is criticism of Chinese people and is therefore racist.

Fortunately russians aren't people so you can't be racist against them

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Judakel posted:

Not a landlord

Not all landlords

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

spacemang_spliff posted:

whoever permad him should have just wrote "Taint misbehavin'" as the reason

taintr**er

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

really queer Christmas posted:

Yes, the timeline matches up. Someone also posted that sadie Doyle posted about being friends with him once and her husband posted online to be wary about him because of the rape allegations.

Jesus, IRL friends with Doyle?

PoontifexMacksimus has issued a correction as of 03:55 on Feb 18, 2021

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

really queer Christmas posted:

Jeevesmeister was who taintrunner was on twitter.

oh poo poo, it's all true, and all connected

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

I was thinking more take the visuals from Garth Marenghi's Darkplace

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Phi230 posted:

lol I ran into a lib on twitter who took the time to defend the black book of communism

funny there's no black book of capitalism, must be because it never killed anyone!

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

spacemang_spliff posted:

poo poo did I miss the sex page

whew

uh

Democrats are good like the sex page

1969, when Joseph R Biden first ran for president - how far we've come!

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Reality Protester posted:

trump speedran nixon and joe is speedrunning carter

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

paranoid randroid posted:

nixon would turn up the white house AC to max, build a massive roaring fire, and then spend hours drinking and muttering darkly to himself, and i have more respect for that kind of freak behavior than whatever this dotard shadowpuppetry is supposed to convey by having joe biden shatter his old man glass bones by throwing a single log in there

Nixon with his Wagnerian/Shakespearian unbridled villainy is the closest any president has come to representing the spiritual truth of his office, and I still respect that.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

The Obamas are a Working Family too, got a problem with that?

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Goa Tse-tung posted:

rogan is a right wing propagandist, why wouldn't you hate him?

TYT is fascist propaganda

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

galenanorth posted:

:barf: I hate corporate apps that try to lecture you about saving, as if personal responsibility is the problem and not systemic loving over of the poor, so that cocktail-swilling suits can feel better about themselves.

Hate's too strong a word for the iota of attention I'm giving this, more like dislike, but the Internet is for hyperbole and all

As of 2008, Iran carries out more sex change operations than any other nation in the world except Thailand. The government provides up to half the cost for those needing financial assistance, and a sex change is recognized on the birth certificate.

(Wikipedia)

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

paul_soccer12 posted:

i have some bad news for you bro

The entire joke is being worse than Iran, an actual theocracy, even tangentially, on trans rights, which includes the right to appropriate health care

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Finicums Wake posted:

the atkins bros are such weird little twerps

Strong Milhouse energy

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Vim Fuego posted:

Day 1 checks $2000
Ducklo $150,000
Child Cages $1488
Candles $3,600
Unity $150

someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. 500,000 americans are dying

Embed Bates instead

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Vim Fuego posted:

I want a means testing random generator

https://perchance.org/pgk4gv0c6p

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

loquacius posted:

"Womyn" was invented based on a false etymology, where the people who came up with it thought the original word really is just "man" with a "wo" prefix and didn't bother looking it up; "womxn" appears to have even less thought behind it

As a Latin nerd the word "herstory" infuriates me because did they really think a word as old as "history" is actually just a portmanteau of "his" and "story", that's just so dumb

I thought it did though, only "man" was originally a neuter term for humans in general, then you had "wifeman" as the origin of "woman", while the since lost male version was "wehrman" ("fighting human", same root as Wehrmacht), but that's all vague memories from years ago so could be wrong.

You're obviously right about history though. I guess lots of people were confused by the Michael Jackson album

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Dixon Chisholm posted:

There is no way this bill is anything but an affront to the memory of Floyd and all the other vitcims of police savagery.

I mean yeah, it's a bill to tell their families they need to accept and trust the cops that killed them

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

loquacius posted:

Yeah in my post I meant "man" as in the English word "man," when obviously the real etymology is more complex

The Japanese writers of Dark Souls got it pretty correct with "Manus" as a primordial figure

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

loquacius posted:

well

that does actually just mean "hand"

Sure, but it's also very close to Mannus from Tacitus

Though at that point they actually just be MST3K fans

PoontifexMacksimus has issued a correction as of 03:23 on Mar 2, 2021

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

loquacius posted:

oh and also

Mannus, with 2 n's, is Latin for "pony"

there was a sword from Ogre Battle 64 (one of my favorite games as a kid) called the Sum Mannus, which means "I am a pony"

it was lightning element :shrug:

Well, for Tacitus see:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mannus
Obviously we don't know how close he was to the actual German and we lack corroborating sources, but on an amateur level it sounds close to Mannaz, and specifically for a computer game made by Japanese europeaboo nerds it's not unlikely they would have heard of the name as used for a primordial first human.

Summanus was an obscure Roman god of thunder, because the Romans had temples for more gods than they could keep track of, just in case any of them proved the right one to pray to for the issue at hand :v:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summanus

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Ruzihm posted:

sort of. he endorsed him then retracted the endorsement lol

Cenkghazi ain't going away

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Atrocious Joe posted:

isn't that the sex cult with the smallville actress

sxx cxlt

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

loquacius posted:

lol yeah that makes more sense than the literal translation

Roman religion is really funny in how they would institute temples and rituals for almost every god they ever heard of, like some hosed up civic Pascal's wager, and then forget what the god was even supposed to do but still keep sacrificing out of cultural inertia. But the gods are obviously good, so they are probably working their hardest to help us somehow, right? Just keep quiet and keep donating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

loquacius posted:

this feels extremely gamergatey to me as a discourse subject, and I don't mean in the alt-right harassment way, I mean that I think the new one looks worse but I'm not going to join the hordes of online guys unironically lamenting the fact that a cartoon bunny was redesigned to not have boobs anymore

Anybody with opinions on Lola Bunny's tits needs to go outside imo, get some fresh air