Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Atrocious Joe posted:

lol Pete wants to be Macron so bad he's gonna provoke his own Yellow Vests

comedyblissoption posted:

a regressive neoliberal fuel tax increase in france resulted in nationwide yearlong protests and riots even after the quick reversal of the tax
Spoiler: The Amerikkkan media fails to cover these protests because of overlap with the protests against Derek Chauvin receiving a presidential commendation from Kkkopmala Harris. The fire department still gets involved, but they murder protestors with high-pressure hoses instead of setting themselves ablaze and brawling with pigs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Is Manchin the one whose daughter is a pharma baroness?

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Troy Queef posted:

as someone who even in non-pandemic years averages about 20,000 miles a year because of my work, gently caress that rat-faced Hoosier glowie

I don't even drive if I can possibly avoid it and :same:.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

paranoid randroid posted:

all i remember about mtg metaplot is that when i was into it in high school there was a character that everyone called Phage the Unplayable because while she was massively overpowered, if she left play then the owner immediately lost the game

No, it's "if she enters play any way other than you casting her, you lose the game."
You had to pay her full mana cost and cast her as a creature spell in order to not lose from playing her.
If you discard her and Reanimate her, you lose.
If you Aether Vial her into play, you lose.
If you place her into play from an effect of some kind, you lose.
If you cast her from your Command Zone, you lose.
Her upside is that her combat damage is lethal to your opponent(s).

If she phases in after having been phased out, enter/leave play effects do not trigger so you're good there, aside from you have to re-learn how phasing works because no one remembers for the most part. :v:

'Avengers but Somehow Even More Disappointing' is how I would describe Magic now. They got bit by the same homogeneity bug that's bitten every ficitonal media franchise since 2006. I will blame this on the democrats, also.

Yinlock posted:

this seems like it would be a problem if mtg had 800,000 ways to remove anything, but what are the chances of that
I do not believe there are that many unique cards. Now, if your opponent can force her into play from your graveyard, THEN you're in trouble.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the next several years are going to make past years look tame vis a vis shootings from the economic and social collapses covid causrevealed

gandlethorpe posted:

Something, something President Harris
:stare: Whoa.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
If A:TLA was the YA content of my youth, my generation would be better.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
¿Por que no los dos?

galenanorth posted:

I worked at McDonald's for a week. First, I got sent home early for cooking too many patties in order to always keep moving, wasting food, and I got told I should've asked my co-workers "how many" next time. Then I got sent home early for not working enough when there weren't any orders and all the food was prepped because I should be scrubbing the spotless stainless steel counters that had been cleaned only like 30 minutes ago and they didn't tell me I should be cleaning them. I got told "the grill is not for you" and they wanted to transfer me to another area of the restaurant. I only took the job because my mom's retirement home manager where I was staying decided to make me leave for a few days, I was at risk of being homeless, and those few days had ended, so I quit.
:(
When I was in the "Take a job, any job" phase (before I realised that, literally, the only way to get hired for 99.99% of job havers is networking), I accidentally got hired at McDonald's and it isn't even in the top 3 worst places I've worked.
Of course, I never had to scrub any stainless steel, either. Did get yelled at for dropped too many patties though, not because it was a waste, but because that wasn't the number that were supposed to be cooked at a time, nevermind the customers piling up!

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Manager Hoyden posted:

A lot of retail laborers have bonkers work schedules decided by an algorithm now. Thirty minutes on, one hour off, thirty minutes on, four hours off, one hour on to close. I wonder if food service workers are getting the same treatment.
:stare: What in the eternal gently caress

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Animal-Mother posted:

it's too bad the voice actor for uncle iroh died. :( his replacement doesn't quite get it right.
A moderately-talented white guy pulling a racist voice could do better than his replacement. :negative:

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Acelerion posted:

Life is a never ending cycle of becoming more cynical and then realizing I'm not cynical enough
I tell my parents this whenever they accuse me of cynicism, they've been doing it for 23 years.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

Wow President Warren!
:haibrower:

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Marzzle posted:

tankies generally want to let a lot of people die to achieve whatever their idealistic political goal is.
Not people; liberals.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Thanks for this!

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

The Oldest Man posted:

No it's going to be the short lived goon communist party that destroys the forums somehow

Excelzior posted:

don't threaten me with a good time

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

spacemang_spliff posted:

Like the US is running concentration camps but I don't think it would be genocide denialism to say that the US is not engaging in running death camps
Weren't the nazi concentration camps officially labor camps and not deliberate extermination camps?

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Bootleg Trunks posted:

God drat I'm so tired and want to just scream in dems faces
Be the change!

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
"...we're not going anywhere."
*is brutally arrested, maimed by police*

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Low Desert Punk posted:

can someone explain what exactly they disrupted

the lives of the janitors?

Yes, because that is the most decorous and bipartisan thing you can do.

spacetoaster posted:

Too many negative comments about the Democrat Party on FB.

They nuked it.
Lol

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Should have used rose stems, probably would have been cheaper, too.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Atrocious Joe posted:

elections in the US aren't democratic

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

sexpig by night posted:

"How could we have prevented this!" In only country where this happens almost weekly
Regular plagues, it sounds like?

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

sexpig by night posted:

it's great how they took the Onion joke that was meant to criticize the entire American culture and political nervous system that allows for mass shootings to be so common and just turned it into 'red team bad love guns'

Welcome to the democrat party! :smaug:

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Nix Panicus posted:

Its going to be insane looking back in four years and realizing that Trump was the harm reduction candidate all along
It was insane realising that 3 months before the election. :negative:

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

a Loving Dog posted:

the one picture that was passed around of him groping the solider through her body armor was kinda BS but if there was more then wtf. gently caress him
He'd apparently been groping his way across the Minnesota State Fair for years via photo ops.

That said, he should have just stuck it out, there's no consequences for politicians now.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

who wants to join my posting cabal, we use right handed obsidian knives on the chickens

also, hella cactus drugs are involved
Shut up and initiate me already!

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

sike we're a cult, hope youre ready to shave your head and move to an abandoned oil derrick in the gulf of mexico

I already agreed, you can stop the sales pitch.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

okay this one has to be offsite succ

Have you seen USPol?

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
^ ^ ^ Because liberals coordinated with Amazon to kill the union, OP.

Some Guy TT posted:

huh so haalands nomination didnt actually result in an improved interior policy well color me shocked and appalled

After trumpetting their asses off about shutting down Keystone XL, too. Lmao. *:happyelf: but it detonates into many :d2a:*

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Nurses are doctors basically, just make friends with nurses and offer them what you would've spent on a copay (mine are $75 because I'm not yet destitute and my state wants very much to change that, lmao) for medical advice.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Trumpublicans are moderately left of the democrat party, lmao forever and :d2a:.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
The slang word "simp" is at least 100 years old.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Maebe A Girl? No loving way. This simulation is completely hosed, what the poo poo.

Can't wait to vote for Invader Zim disguised as Hugh Manguy.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

mcmagic posted:

What base of support does he loving have that the party needs to pander to him? lol

Capital.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Nichael posted:

I didn't vote for a rapist.

Same, but now I'm wishing I had (TURMO).

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Yeah, that’s what happens when you have a demographic majority, but they conflate white with wealthy
Look, Jack, he believes that poor kids are just as smart as white kids.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
"Death to Amerikkka"

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Lmao

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

KomradeX posted:

Whelp I'm going to do some heavy drinking tonight to suppress any memory of this.

You literally cannot drink enough for it to work. :smith:

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Egg Moron posted:

Which is more gross:

Being forced into a polite conversation with a zoophile or being forced into polite conversation with a shitlib?

Zoophile, because I feel bad for them for having to explain why I want nothing to do with them, whereas with a shitlib, I can tell them precisely why and each bootlicking utterance from them leads to another litany of sources from the last 10 years alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol she just sold out

She was a Kennedy intern with some other spook associations via academia, iirc.