Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Let's talk about the positive things that the democrat party does.

I'll start: They are very good at being controlled opposition.

Since this thread is about posting good things, it should be assumed that anything posted in this thread is mean to be good actually and if someone appears mad they are actually just being ironic.

spacemang_spliff has issued a correction as of 00:07 on Feb 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Vox Nihili posted:

gently caress you

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Squizzle posted:

limber mandibles

What I Know About Swallowing by H G

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Yass

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

reignonyourparade posted:

They are impressively good at getting people to smear rape victims

Jim Jordan wishes he was half as good at covering up rapes

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Flavius Aetass posted:

they're bad threads

they were succ zone threads

when will the actual succ zone thread be unlocked?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

gassed before its time

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Yinlock posted:

it was crusty, who finally got mad enough to post before he continued chain-gassing threads that break no rules

all I saw was that there was a quote from Jeffy that said "don't post about [another subform]" and then crusty said we're free to post about succ anywhere. which seems odd that we can post about poo poo rear end dems anywhere but we can't for some reason have a thread dedicated to dems being bad.

however that is off topic for this thread, which is things dems are good at.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

they did a good job completely killing whatever momentum the nascent left in the US had

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

because of their media outreach a lot more people know what gaslighting is, thats kinda good

they also have first hand experience on gaslighting with the very brilliant and not at all condescending "$1400 + $600 IS $2000, moron" talking point

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Yinlock posted:

there's no way they could have seen this coming, it has never happened in the history of c-spam

besides the 20 times it did

going to be funny when people in the other threads start complaining about taints being run and ask for a dedicated succ zone

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

McConnell posted:

hang on ill amend it.

Slytherin vs Ravenclaw [the smart ones!]

I've never read a henry potter book and I never will so thankfully these references go over my head

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

alarumklok posted:

posting in the cucc zone

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Lib and let die posted:

I feel like op is really underselling democrats. They're great, folks, just the best, we love our party, our democratics.

Love them so much I want to throw them a democrat party

What would one serve at a democrat party?

Jeni's ice cream for sure but what else

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

donuts and pizza

Cheese pizzas

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
https://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalo...1oaArTfEALw_wcB

Good for the gift bags for the democrat party

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Killin_Like_Bronson posted:

I like how they can brazenly fix a primary to run a rapist and get wine moms to say actually a little rape is ok and internet mods to shut the whole conversation down until the election is over.

It's still shut down

The only place Reade can talk about it is RT.com and then it's "Russian propaganda".

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

They opened a dnd thread as a sink. Its p bad

Yeah, I don't post there and never plan to. But I have definitely seen that sentiment elsewhere on this website (not CSPAM)

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

loquacius posted:

Is this a place I can post about succ

https://twitter.com/zei_squirrel/status/1359152423890206720

Neera Tanden is the face of everything wrong with the Democrats

Isn't her confirmation hearing today?

Yes please post succ but also frame it positively so that no one is offended :)

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
who ordered the hot dog with no bun? was that podesta?

absolute sociopath poo poo

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

I don't think she's a democrat because she's got a Chiefs mask on and she's not Sharice Davids (the only democrat from the KC area I can think of)

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Eimi posted:

Where the gently caress is the succ zone?

Succ zone is no longer allowed, there is now only the Good Zone

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

:thunk:

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Breakfast All Day posted:

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1358967693366468609

i really appreciate how compassionate he is here, in noting that suicides are up, then being very careful to say "things are getting better" and not talking about the 4,000 people that are dying a day from covid. its a very nuanced and tender way to care for our mental health. i cant believe he managed to record this speech in only 19 days! lincoln went his whole term without recording a speech

I'm glad they acknowledge the fact that people might be feeling desperate because they lost their job due to the pandemic but also recognize that anyone making $50k 2019 obviously doesn't need help even if they lost their job to the pandemic and are feeling desperate.

It's good that people are seen and heard and are valid.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

ram dass in hell posted:

welcome to good zone home of the good posts can i take yr order

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
democrats know when it's important to say sorry:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/neera-tanden-faces-confirmation-hearing-for-budget-office-post-11612883291

Neera Tanden, President Biden’s pick to lead the Office of Management and Budget, said she regretted past comments she made while running a center-left think tank and pledged to be nonpartisan if confirmed to the role by the Senate.

“I know there have been some concerns about some of my past language on social media, and I regret that language and take responsibility for it,” Ms. Tanden said in opening remarks at her confirmation hearing before the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee. She didn’t specify which comments she was referring to.

She described herself as an “impassioned advocate” in her previous role as head of the Center for American Progress. But she added, “I understand that the role of OMB Director calls for bipartisan action, as well as a nonpartisan adherence to facts and evidence.”

Asked on Tuesday whether the White House asked Ms. Tanden to apologize for her tweets, White House press secretary Jen Psaki said, “We certainly did not ask her to make any specific comments in her testimony today.” She said the president is confident Ms. Tanden will be confirmed.

Ms. Tanden has in recent years used Twitter to criticize then-President Donald Trump and Republican lawmakers, while also tussling with the left wing of the Democratic Party.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/SavageJoyMarie1/status/1359209028962963460

In retrospect punching Faiz was actually good but it still makes me really mad that this is happening and nothing will stop it

“If you’re Bernie Sanders, you could probably stop this if you wanted to,” D’Alessandro said. “The fact that he hasn’t said that, or his people haven’t said ‘this is something we’re really going to look into,’ tells me that the way we might view it as supporters, it hasn’t risen to that level to him.”

A spokesperson for Sanders did not respond to a request for comment about his planned approach.

Still, not all Democrats are fretting about potentially promoting Tanden. Other Senate Democrats, including Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH), initially lauded Biden’s historic choice of Tanden—who would be the only woman of color to lead the agency—an approval that was echoed by Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) and even some outside groups on the left.

“If confirmed, Neera Tandem's high praise of the Green New Deal must be actualized into concrete policy,” said Ellen Sciales, a spokesperson for the Sunrise Movement. Tanden, whose climate views have evolved over time, once wrote a statement for CAP in 2019 arguing, “America has a choice to make: We can come together to create high-quality jobs in the industries of the future, protect our communities from extreme weather and economic damage, and build a better and more equitable country for our children and grandchildren—or we can stick our heads in the sand.”

Clinton alums have also expressed a fondness for Tanden and confidence in her ability to navigate the nuances of the agency. “Look, Neera is really good at policy and she’s not great at campaign politics,” a longtime friend of Tanden told The Daily Beast. “Her entering the political fray more than she ever had in previous cycles, I would not use as a litmus test as to the success that she will have in her ability to work with Bernie Sanders moving forward.”

Matt Bennett, co-founder of the Democratic think tank Third Way who served in the White House under former President Bill Clinton, praised Tanden’s policy credentials and urged progressives to put aside old primary grievances.

lol

lmao

This is so loving dumb lmao

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Egg Moron posted:

Joe Biden is an old bitch that owes me some loving money.

His gang of dumbfucks, the Democrat party, and the sickos who enable their immoral excesses are going straight to hell.

The succ zone needs to come back

I'm sorry, this kind of negativity is forbidden in the Good Zone

Please reframe your post as positively as possible

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Egg Moron posted:

Joe Biden is a girlboss that owes me some loving money, lmao, but whatever

His gang of achievers, the Democrat[ic] party, and the strivers who enable their moderate compromises are going straight to where the tough decisions are made.

The succ zone needs to never come back

See don't you feel better now that you were positive instead of negative?

lol

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Zurtilik posted:

Is that tweet showing as limited now or did I get blocked by them?

I'm seeing it fine

Congrats

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Neera sure is concerned about Republicans feelings

well it's important that she gets along with her colleagues since she will be doing their bidding so it's good she apologized

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

thotsky posted:

demonicrats

democrats are very good at worshipping Moloch, yes

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

loquacius posted:

oh yeah I forgot to mention that everything I've been posting about is actually good and if I seem mad about it that's just "irony" at play, as though I were some kind of ""bro""

hmm that's a good point I think I should update the OP so that no one is confused about this thread

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

gas thread ban op
i'm sorry but this thread is not acceptable even as an ironic "joke"

CSPAM is not the place for this kind of negativity. I would say take this attitude to one of the many succ threads but unfortunately you can't because they're all gassed.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

You start out in 2016 by saying, “succ, succ, succ.” By 2021 you can’t say “succ”—that hurts you, backfires. So you say stuff like, uh backtracking in goals is bad, means testing is reductive, and you’re getting so abstract. Now, you’re talking about Impeachment ftv, and all these things you’re talking about are totally pointless things and a byproduct of them is the working poor get hurt worse than wine moms.… “We want to reassess unaccompanied child detainees,” is much more abstract than even the kids in cages, uh, and a hell of a lot more abstract than “succ, succ".

And that's good

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Mind_Taker posted:

https://twitter.com/hannnahmmarie/status/1359188481109598208?s=21

naming an unaffordable gentrified apartment building after liberals’ most revered icon :discourse:

It will be directly responsible for the surrounding neighborhood being inundated with reactionary chuds.

Which is uh...good!

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Don't forget the union busting!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

The proper motions like an investigation? Because we never got that. We just got a bunch of lib rape denialists saying "oh she went to RT which is Russian propaganda" or "I think she's confused about what happened to her"

oh yeah... I mean Democrats are very good at rape denialism it's very impressive the mental gymnastics they can do