Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i demand that joe biden hire me to work in the white house defending his rotten administration and sex criminal family online. thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

juneteenth is more than 100 years old

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i voted kamala for president and biden for vp

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

AnimeIsTrash posted:

In case you all are not following the fantastic QCS thread about Larry.

lmao

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

just lolling thinking about: the most powerful man in the country loving his college-age intern, and 20 years later the intern jokes about it and some idiot processes this whole thing as traumatic to the (evil) wife of the sex crimes president

also remember how hillary didnt speak to bill for like a year after all that until she randomly told him to bomb serbia, which he then did instantly hahah

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

finally the d&d media literacy thread can put paid to the dastardly dr chomsky. he will never recover.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i hate to agree with the baseball crank but you simply gotta hand it to him

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Terminal autist posted:

It's weird to me the framing as well, why should you be allowed power? Shouldn't you earn it? I'd say by "taking" it but I want to be clear I'm not advocating for violence; but by winning elections and good effective campaigning and being alert for grifters?

last paragraph is definitely the funniest part thank you for bringing it over

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

wasn't he governor of virginia before being a senator? pretty sure yes...

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Blockade posted:

Who are the political philosophers dnd libs read? Tocqueville?

the pod jons

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

is this guy a real professor

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

oh no she twitnt!

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

my dad also is dead but you dont see me postign about (except this one time)

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

remember when tim jacob wise had that random outburst about how russians have no culture and cannot be trusted

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Cpt_Obvious posted:

You can't make me watch this.

i watched the whole thing and it wa really bad

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Nichael posted:

I'll miss birds. They're pretty cool.

heckin good birbs rip :rip:

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

doomerism is bad but cynically pretending we're just a few tweaks and new members of the squad away from making the usa a nordic social democracy... thats just realism baby

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Atrocious Joe posted:

can't believe a guest amber brought on would be annoying
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB7LQbgMxPU

she's got some points, but is making it in the most online way possible.

i listened to that episode while cleaning my gutters and the episode was more annoying than the chore

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

there are actually numerous countries in the middle east where homosexuals do not get the death penalty and indeed several non-israeli countries where homosexuality is legal

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Fleetwood posted:

Favorite sport? Oh, baseball for sure. I was at that Texas Rangers game where the Dad fell over the fence to catch a fly ball then broke his neck in front of his young son

my favorite parade? oh, november 22 1963 in dallas texas. terrible what happened at the end but until then, wow!

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i just love the idea that if a majority of texas voters voted for something that means all texans, children and non citizens and all the rest, deserve to suffer. didn't like how 800 people (probably) froze to death in february? should have made more people vote blue :smug:

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

one more lane will fix it brother

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

gradenko_2000 posted:

Carter was complicit in the East Timorese genocide

and the massacre of pro democracy protesters in south korea

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Smythe posted:

hate this pic for a lot of reasons

very malign energ y

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

mods???

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

With Manchin it is, ostensibly as far as we can tell, about saving face with his voters. Notice how Barack Obama, in his endorsement of Manchin's voting rights package the other day, said of Manchin (paraphrased): "Joe Manchin is perhaps the most conservative Democrat in the Senate. Joe Manchin is perhaps the most conservative Democrat in all of Congress."

I take statements like that as trying to help Manchin down the road to agreeing to something.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

incredible that wonkette is still around and the most left-leaning website they can think of

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqyLJ-fWbSI

if the rock says this in a debate or campaign stop or something i will vote for him

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

democrats: we are keeping half of impoverished children in poverty

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Snake Dance posted:

We will continue to half child poverty and half it again until there is only a single designated Impoverished Child

tje ones who walked away from omelas i s our new platform! vote!!

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

indigi posted:

imagine a Republican senator wringing their hands about trying to get Democrats on board with something

republican politicians do complain about partisan dems getting in the way of legislation, but when they do it dems fall into line

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

tellin g your coworker that they make your butt hoel go "boop" seems problematic from a human resources standpoint

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

mcaffee and epstein are chilling on a secret pedo island together

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

you have to remember that el paso is famously very far from the border with mexico

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

understanding how the media upholds capital and empire? neither relevant nor interesting.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i think they are getting a big chunk of the infrastructure money from unspent covid relief funds lmao, great job everyone i love bipartisanship!!!

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

https://twitter.com/edokeefe/status/1408114419649949700

"unemployment insurance program integrity" sounds like more pointless paperwork and forms to immiserate people on unemployment, and "extend mandatory sequester"... we love social spending cuts dont we foolks

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Joementum posted:

if only there were some way for the federal government to compel this behavior!

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1408131418589384704

i cantw ait for the epic meme president to do *checks notes* next time instead of *whispers*

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

*biden starts breakdancing*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

that guy was also named cassius clay (not the boxer obviously)