Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Super cool OP.

I grew up making beads in the shed with my dad on an OXY/PROPANE rig, always wanted to do proper glassblowing, but the costs are prohibitive.

My dad loved glass, he probably had $50k worth of pieces in our house growing up, mostly traded for electrical work on Seattle area artist's studios. He met Chihuly a couple times, said the dude was an rear end in a top hat.

I did get to take one class about a year ago right at the incipient stage of the pandemic.

I'm very interested in the lampwork stuff you posted, seams like a cool technique that bridges the gap between solid working and glass blowing.

Here's my girlfriend blowing some glass:

E: hhow do you anneal your lamp worked stuff? So you use an oven or just a good insulator?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

That's cool stuff, I never drove that deep into any of it.

I do remember having this cool gold-fleck rod, that I could not get to loving melt, no matter how low a flame I used and how long I warmed it up it would just explode every time it was moved into the flame.