Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Falconier111 posted:

I would like some feedback on format. Normally my posts have several hundred more words but less than half as many pictures; do you think I can cut the screenshots back and put in more narration without losing anything? Also, I'd like to know if the italics/plaintext combination I'm using works or could be improved or if there're any other improvements I can make.

I agree that we need to see something less visually heavy to get a sense of how it works. This update was fine, but there are parts of the game where a presentation like this would be too screenshot-heavy.

I'd say, though, that if you're going to rewrite the story, there's no real point in distinguishing between the original text and your additions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Falconier111 posted:

If anything, this place is more likely to be based on Atlantis, and we have little evidence that Plato didn’t make that up on the fly.

If you divide a few of Plato's numbers by ten, you get a story very consistent with the Minoan eruption. There's no proof, but it really does line up nicely.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

FeyerbrandX posted:

I believe its suposed to be Teeduhs, not Tyedus.

That's how they pronounce it in Kingdom Hearts.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Unless they changed it in the rerelease, there's nothing permanently missable in the temple trials. You can always come back and do them later, although in some cases you have to wait a while.

All of the Fayth have things to say if you revisit them, and some of them will change your interpretation of the ending.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Eh, the entire Overdrive system is kind of a mess. But that's a topic for later, once we've met everyone.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Falconier111 posted:

I’m probably going to get all the optional aeons except maybe anima and do any extra content I run into, but I won’t be leveling myself into oblivion for secret bosses or anything. That’s, what, every character’s full path plus a little of a second?

Don't you need Anima to get the Magus sisters?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

There's a strategy for cheesing blitzball to get some unlocks in the later game, but we'll talk about that when we get there.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Some people really like it. I never played more games than I absolutely had to.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Are you saying that fantasy sportsball is poorly thought out?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

If anyone's looking for a dirt simple robotics project, lightning dodging is a good place to start. It's hard for a human, but trivial for a machine.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

After all these years I just can't get over how absolutely stupid Seymour's hair is.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

The Guado have very long arms. Even Seymour shows it a bit.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I think it would be better to mark the scene breaks with something more visually distinct. Maybe ------------------------------------------------------------?

Also, something has gone wrong with this exchange:

Falconier111 posted:

Hey Lulu, did you say something?

:sigh: I’m not even sure what I’m talking about. Please ignore me for now.

Like, are you thinking you should move on? I’m sure Chappu was a great guy, but there’ll be others.

No one will be quite like Chappu… But I suppose that’s a possibility.

How about… Wakka?

What, me? With Wakka?

Yeah, you two get along great!

… Have you ever watched us interact?

Hey, look, I’m pretty sure there’s something there.

I think you’d best drop it now.

:shrug:

Lulu:… Goodbye, Chappu. You always said I looked grumpy, before and after. But those days after… Those were the happiest days of my life.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Make it twice as long. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ is much harder to miss than ------------------------------------------------------------.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Yuna is the right choice.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Falconier111 posted:

That’s good to know, but... I’d have to make Lulu attack to take advantage of that. Lulu. Using a mage’s weapon just feels wrong, you know?

Never played FFV, have you?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

If you're willing to abuse the Limit Break system in FF8 you can pump out some ridiculous numbers.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

The bodyguards are always gone in the third phase regardless of whether you killed them before Seymour summons Anima.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

comicfan92 posted:

P.S. I don't know how to put the top paragraph (it's basically the largest paragraph in the latest post edited down to the relevant point) in a quote box or whatever it's called, I tried searching online and found nothing helpful. If anyone can tell me how, please let me know.

Hit the button marked "quote" at the bottom right of a post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

This part can be explained eventually, but it'll be a while before we get there.