Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
maybe the first ending was better after all. i kind of like those felitis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

perepelki posted:

You are too slow. The Tyrant plucks the Aleph from your fingers and immediately begins to disappear into it. You can only watch in horror as the sphere expands, and then contracts to a point - and disappears.

You have lost the Aleph. You are stranded on this barren world where, year after year, the dwindling Feliti bring offerings to your castle and perform half-forgotten rituals in their overgrown garden. You are the new Tyrant. Perhaps, after a few centuries, a new Champion will appear on the stone table in the Feliti garden...

gently caress yeah we got the best ending on the first try. Our own castle to fill with skeletons

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
we shouldve stolen the gem. i wouldve kicked this books rear end if not for these other goons

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Let’s go back and steal the gem

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
That loving sucks dude, no wonder I didn't bother with cyoa books or the cyoa threads.

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

know before Whom you stand

Dear Watson posted:

gently caress yeah we got the best ending on the first try. Our own castle to fill with skeletons
second best

The crowd of green-skinned people draws back as you run across the garden and out of the gates. "Stop!" shouts the robed leader, but you have gone. "We must stop him! After him, Feliti brothers and sisters! Bring back our Champion!"

There is a village outside the garden; the dwellings are old and dilapidated, but you assume they are inhabited and you turn away, racing across a desolate landscape of craggy hillocks and shrubby thickets. You turn to look at your pursuers, and see the Feliti people running from the walled garden - and as they emerge they change! Each one drops to all fours and with a wailing cry is transformed into a long, low hunting beast - like a Giant Weasel, with green fur and a snout full of sharp teeth.

You run on, into endless grassy plains in which your pursuers are perfectly camouflaged. The gigantic sun is setting; you run until you are exhausted, and as you stop you are surrounded by a circle of Feliti.

if you fight them and manage to kill one:

There is a moment of silence as the lean body of the dead Feliti slumps to the ground. The whistle of the wind in the tall grass sounds like the keening of a multitude of lost souls. Then, with a chorus of enraged baying, the entire pack of Feliti hurl themselves at you. You cannot kill them all; your adventure ends here.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
Did we miss good shot in the library

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
giant weasel

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

gonna gently caress you up

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I bet I could eat at least three weasels before they return Ed the favour.

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

know before Whom you stand
good news everyone, the aleph has had mercy upon our souls. we get a second chance

perepelki posted:

here is what might have been if we weren't such a bunch of un-coordinated goons

You succeed in snatching the Aleph from the Tyrant's grasping hands and run from the chamber and down dark spiral stairs. You hear the old creature blundering after you, muttering curses, and from the bottom of the tower you hear the echoes of doors slamming shut. The only way to escape is to use the Aleph: turn to 365.

You gaze into the depths of the Aleph. The glowing sphere, small enough to lie cupped between your hands, seems also to be infinitely large. Uncountable swarms of visions swirl before your eyes: strange creatures, alien peoples, towns, continents, planets, stars and galaxies. Wherever you look there is an ever-changing panorama of tiny yet infinitely detailed scenes. The Aleph seems to be all around you; you are enveloped by the Aleph, and transported within it.

Roll one die. If you roll an even number, turn to 51; if an odd number, turn to 180.

again, i am trusting not the heartless dice but the democracy of the forums. odd or even?

(we stole the feliti's gem btw)

perepelki fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Feb 19, 2021

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
using this random number generator 1-6 and a seed of 29587622 (threadid + game/death count) we could get all the dice we need rolled for us and not worry about any shenanigans

e: check this out though

:psyduck: i think i cracked the matrix

e2: hachi machi when you change the number of rolls the length of the pattern changes but it maintains. what devilry is in this acursed threadid+21?
...wait the thread starts with a 3

gary oldmans diary fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Feb 19, 2021

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I rolled a 6

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die