Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
https://twitter.com/SiriusXMNASCAR/status/1458096730084454409

They threw out the idea of making the Clash an exhibition for pole winners and are just turning into a Saturday night short track feature. And what's that... a provisional slot for the highest points finisher? What year is this?!?

I was probably going to go to it already, but now I'm definitely going. (Proof of vax or a negative covid test will be required because we live in a civilized area.) I might try to rope my family into this and we could wax nostalgic about going to Saugus Speedway growing up.

ed- have a video of Saugus Speedway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hidiu981EOA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

NBC Sports is reporting a deal has been reached to return NASCAR to Nashville Fairgrounds probably in 2023. Bristol Motor Speedway and, I'm guessing by association, SMI will sign a long-term lease and be on the hook for its renovation and operation.

:getin:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

:rip: Dover

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

One of the few tracks that are still interesting. I've really been enjoying driving the classic Nascar's on iRacing becuase they race fun tracks.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
my favorite Dover moment is when the IRL went there and started vibrating cars apart

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/GMSRacingLLC/status/1466163003909414913?t=-D9K-FOy7HvSd2hzR9xOZg&s=19

One step closer to hats

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

When was the last time RPM was relevant and competitive? Was it pre-RPM when it was Evernham?

Edit: just did some reading and it looks like when Kahne was driving was their most successful time. A handful of wins with Mayfield and Almirola is about it though.

Douchebag fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Dec 1, 2021

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

Douchebag posted:

When was the last time RPM was relevant and competitive? Was it pre-RPM when it was Evernham?

Edit: just did some reading and it looks like when Kahne was driving was their most successful time. A handful of wins with Mayfield and Almirola is about it though.

If by relevant and competitive you mean like making the chase and also potentially challenging for a title then probably yeah the Kasey Kahne era was it's most successful though nobody could beat the JimmieBot of that era so making the chase was basically a waste of time if you didn't have a #48 on your car. I would call Ambrose's time there successful as well considering what the team had become at that point.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

hey so uhhh what are everyone's thoughts on the fact that Brian Vickers' wife is almost as deeply implicated in the Jeffrey Epstein thing as Ghislane herself?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

shame on an IGA posted:

hey so uhhh what are everyone's thoughts on the fact that Brian Vickers' wife is almost as deeply implicated in the Jeffrey Epstein thing as Ghislane herself?

(remembers dodging full beer cans raining from the upper deck at Talladega in 2006) my thoughts are gently caress him

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

GD_American posted:

(remembers dodging full beer cans raining from the upper deck at Talladega in 2006) my thoughts are gently caress him

little has changed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tuYIXi6nTQ

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

shame on an IGA posted:

the same as they were when it originally came up like two years ago, which is "huh, weird"

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

shame on an IGA posted:

kidcoelacanth posted:

the same as they were when it originally came up like two years ago, which is "huh, weird"

Yeah it’s this plus :stare:

That’s a whole level worse than all the names in Formula 1 world in the black book (Flavio Briatore being the absolute least surprising).

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

shame on an IGA posted:

NO THAT WAS JIMMIE JOHNSON DID IT

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

shame on an IGA posted:

surely you're jo:allbuttons:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Hey, racing fan! Do you like racing? (Yeah!) Do you want something to do to kill time that's quasi-social? (Of course!) Then you're gonna love SASCAR WINTER HEAT 2021!

But it's not just ANY Winter Heat! It's LITERALLY Winter Heat!

OG Winter Heat! (Wow!)

Yes, after like 9 years of having variations of this channel, we're finally going to watch the namesake for the channel. YouTube appears to have the complete slate of races from 1994-96 and also at least one from 1997 with a very babyfaced Kurt Busch!

Plus, they're all 1:30-2 hours, so it's not a huge time investment! And, your favorite bumpers are back, featuring at least one dead guy!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3874931&pagenumber=1

https://cytu.be/r/SASCARWinterHeat

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Alright, let get this thing rolling.

It's been brought to my attention that the Bubba Wallace E60 special is on at 7:30pm EST (ESPN), so we'll get this thing rolling after it ends at 9. We'll do the first two of five races in 1994.

On the card TONIGHT! (All times Eastern)

9:05pm: 1994 Winston West Winter Heat 200 (TNN- Mike Joy, Buddy Baker, Glenn Jarrett)- Mike Chase and Ron Hornaday duke it out to win the championship!
Approx. 10:35pm: 1994 Featherlite Southwest Tour Winter Heat 200 (TNN- Glenn Jarrett, Buddy Baker, Ralph Sheheen)- This race has both the same name and same Ron Hornaday as the first race, as he and Gary Evans apparently have a bit of a feud going on. Let's see how it shakes out.

Both of these races are right at 1:30, so we should be done by Midnight EST.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

poo poo, I actually meant to watch those tonight but today was a poo poo show. Had a cyst drained from my shoulder (no video allowed boooo) and we adopted a puppy. So I’m just now relaxing with what’s left of my bottle of Buffalo Trace and whatever I can find on TV.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Douchebag posted:

poo poo, I actually meant to watch those tonight but today was a poo poo show. Had a cyst drained from my shoulder (no video allowed boooo) and we adopted a puppy. So I’m just now relaxing with what’s left of my bottle of Buffalo Trace and whatever I can find on TV.

I'm going to leave that playlist up in the channel until whenever we decide to watch the next two races, as the Winston West race was particularly good. (Plus, Buddy and Glenn go to Victoria's Secret in the intro to the SW Tour race!) I think you should have control of the videos as long as you're the only one in there. I always use the TBS NASCAR theme as the starting point for what I'm going to show.

Also, there was an impromptu bonus showing of Shadetree Mechanic since TNN was advertising it was up next and, well, we made it so.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Dec 15, 2021

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

I'm setting up a trip to Charlotte for the 600 this May. I have a contact at RCR that offered a tour of their shop in Welcome, which is incredible.

But I don't know the track, so does anyone have any suggestions for seating? It'll be a present for my 19 year old kid. We did the same thing at Michigan a bunch of years ago and Budweiser had some kind of special section (I looked it up, it was called "Budweiser Acceleration Club) to hang out with food and drinks provided... Does Charlotte have anything like that? What should I be asking?

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Dec 22, 2021

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

meatpimp posted:

I'm setting up a trip to Charlotte for the 600 this May. I have a contact at RCR that offered a tour of their shop in Welcome, which is incredible.

But I don't know the track, so does anyone have any suggestions for seating? It'll be a present for my 19 year old kid. We did the same thing at Michigan a bunch of years ago and Budweiser had some kind of special section (I looked it up, it was called "Budweiser Acceleration Club) to hang out with food and drinks provided... Does Charlotte have anything like that? What should I be asking?

It's been since 2002 since I've been to the 600, but are you going for the Xfinity race as well? If so, frontstretch as high as possible (which is my rule of thumb in general). If you're below a certain point on Sat, you'll be in the Sun for portion of the race and the shade is appreciated as soon as it gets to you. Preferably sooner.

All tracks have some sort of ticket packages that include some sort of amenity. You'll just have to look and see what they have and if it's for you.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
The 600 is a beast of a race to attend. I can't remember the section we last sat in but there's hospitality options that are covered coming out of turn 4 and it makes a huge difference in the experience. That's a long drat race.

Take a jacket regardless of where you sit, it'll end up colder than you expect.

Shoot me a PM if you go, I'll probably be around and would happily buy a fellow SASCAR goon a beer.

Edit: CBJ is on point, you want to be higher at that track. There are definitely seats lower but you won't see 3/4 of the race. Just like Michigan though you're obligated to walk down as close to the track as you can get for at least one restart, especially with the new car. They sound ridiculous.

mischief fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Dec 22, 2021

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
Charlotte is great for views (a little trickier for the roval), and there's so much room now that they took out the seats and put those shelves in front. My only complaint has been that they don't really provide clear information on parking and traffic. As attendance has declined, so too has the number of open lots. At least you get out of there faster.

600 is a long fuckin day though, I don't think I'll ever do it.

Sit high up in Ford or Grand National tower imo but I don't know about any of those inclusive packages, some of them might be behind that in the veranda, never bought into any and always felt like you've gotta drink a hell of a lot of beer to make it worth it.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I've only been there on the track and infield for the big auto show/swap meet things and can second being in the sun all day there sucks avoid it however possible

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Friday. FRIday! FRIDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! TONS OF TUN(NIES)! FIGURES OF EIGHT! SO GOOD, IT'S REAL GOOD! CHRISTMAS!

Good news, everyone!

It was thought that the 2021 Figure 8 Enduro World Championship Fun Times Race from Indianapolis Speedrome wasn't on YouTube but, in a holiday miracle, it turns out it's on YT and embeddable!

As a result, for the fourth straight year, we'll be having the Winter Heat Christmastravaganza with the above-mentioned race as our gift to you! If you've never seen this, it's unironically as good as it sounds, especially with a name like Low Budget TV being the broadcaster!

We're running this Friday in an effort to avoid the AEW show Christmas night. Tentative start time Friday (Christmas Eve) is 8pm EST/5pm PST. (If for some reason the 2021 video is taken off YT between now and then, the 2017 race is our backup).

WINTER HEAT 1994 CONTINUES

The next installation of Winter Heat '94 from Tucson makes NASCAR history, as the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series makes its debut in an exhibition race! (It was actually the first race run that year, but I'm an idiot and didn't pay attention to the order of the races.) No set date for this one yet (I'm projecting next week), but the length of the video means it'll be a standalone night.

The third and final WH '94 night will be a doubleheader of the second-ever CTS exhibition race and Super Late Models. How many of these will Ron Hornaday appear in? Stay tuuuuuuned.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Pinecone Sample posted:

...you've gotta drink a hell of a lot of beer to make it worth it.

Feeling personally attacked right now.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

It's a race you don't have to start or finish to win! "No, that can't be!", you exclaim, to which I say "Actually, yeah, that's p accurate".

It's the flagship event of the SASCAR Winter Heat season: the SASCAR Christmas Holiday Special! (Not that there's much of a season right now, per se, but we really need to work on that.) And it starts in 15 minutes:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Thanks for the thoughts on Charlotte, we told him about the trip and he's ecstatic. I'm thinking about getting a hotel close to the track, tour RCR on Saturday, race on Sunday night, leave Monday morning. If anyone has any thoughts, I'd love to hear.

CBJSprague24 posted:

It's a race you don't have to start or finish to win! "No, that can't be!", you exclaim, to which I say "Actually, yeah, that's p accurate".

It's the flagship event of the SASCAR Winter Heat season: the SASCAR Christmas Holiday Special! (Not that there's much of a season right now, per se, but we really need to work on that.) And it starts in 15 minutes:

I just looked at this, great idea. Mind if my 19 year old nascar freak stops in?

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
There are plenty of decent and reasonably priced hotels like five minutes from the track, that shouldn't be a problem.

I can get you a condo at the track but I think he quoted me like $15k for the weekend or something hilarious. :v:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

meatpimp posted:

Thanks for the thoughts on Charlotte, we told him about the trip and he's ecstatic. I'm thinking about getting a hotel close to the track, tour RCR on Saturday, race on Sunday night, leave Monday morning. If anyone has any thoughts, I'd love to hear.

I just looked at this, great idea. Mind if my 19 year old nascar freak stops in?

Anybody's welcome anytime we're streaming!

Look into the Residence Inn near UNC-Charlotte. We stayed there all 5 years we went and it's a good location with restaurants nearby.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRMK6E736D8

Came across this on Youtube.

Why the gently caress are Dale Earnhardt, Ken Shrader and D Waltrip racing in an ARCA race?!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Working extra hard on getting rid of the dumb rednecks driving in circles reputation.

https://twitter.com/a_s12/status/1476569077128773632

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

You lose any sympathy the moment you cash in.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Trying to picture nascar approving a "gently caress the president" paint scheme in 2017.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

GD_American posted:

You lose any sympathy the moment you cash in.
Assuming he even does, I can see this vaporizing any minute

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

shyduck posted:

Assuming he even does, I can see this vaporizing any minute

yep not sure this will even get to Daytona

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

big nipples big life posted:

Working extra hard on getting rid of the dumb rednecks driving in circles reputation.

https://twitter.com/a_s12/status/1476569077128773632

This reminds me of our resident now-car owner posting itt "I'll suck whatever horrible cock I have to to pay my guys" once upon a time, but gently caress Brandon for saying recently he doesn't want anything to do with politics and then signing on with something a) political and b) that references the thing he didn't want to be associated with directly.

fake edit- V get owned, LGBcoin. V

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

https://twitter.com/jim_utter/status/1476663167753207825

lol

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Wondered bout that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

this may be an unpopular opinion but i'd drive the republican bitcoin car if i got paid to