Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

"Denny Hamlin is dropping to the back, maybe he's looking for Bubba Wallace back there" lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

getting into a wreck with derrick cope is an inauspicious start to bubba's season

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

rip every car

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

a masterclass in bump drafting from christopher bell

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

wtf i missed it?

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

bigbillystyle posted:

The real fun is going to be 25 races from now when McDowell is 24th in points but going to the playoffs and either Brad or Joey didn't get a win and had a marginal season and will miss the playoffs by like 3 points.

i'm gonna have trouble getting fired up about a guy who didn't win all year not getting into the playoffs esp if it's joey logano

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

did clint bowyer really spin jeff gordon out in a rental car??

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

that caution was interminable

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

homestead is the most vaporwave track on the circuit

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

It legit makes no sense that they can have an entire race but not so much as a hot lap beforehand.

it seems like for a lot of organizations, sports and otherwise, covid protocols basically just amount to doing something in a weird and inconvenient way, like wiping down an entire plane with lysol wipes even though people get covid from breathing the air

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

u can't cancel fast

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

I hope he does, but I'm not sure how you can say with confidence that Bubba will win a race. Right now he's a slight downgrade from Erik Jones at best. He might win a superspeedway race at some point but it's far from certain unless something changes significantly.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

I don't blame the crew chief for getting the car up front for a little bit. 2 years from now McDonalds isn't going to stick around if your ekeing out top 10s because of conservative pit strategy.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

I mainly want Bubba to win because I want as many fresh names winning races as possible, to undo the horror of last season.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

algebra testes posted:

gently caress this still cracks me up.

i was loling about it to myself for weeks and had to wait til he actually won to post it

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

lets petition the new owner of sa to sponsor a truck race

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

shyduck posted:

https://twitter.com/TimmyHillRacer/status/1374456532427939840?s=19

this sport does a bangup job at sucking all the poo poo sometimes

timmy hill raced kiddie karts at the go kart track i raced at and it's hosed up to treat him this way

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

interesting

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

hope suarez is ready to put logano in the wall to get this w

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

i'm 100% going to this race next year

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

logano ruins another one

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

in one more lap stenhouse would've sent logano to the shadow realm but he ran out of race

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

Discussion in Discord during the race was would they come back to Bristol next year or try something else?

They're already advertising next year's race on Bristol's Facebook.

they announced mid race they were bringing it back. i think they were waiting to make sure nothing went horribly wrong before committing to do it again but it ruled. they should do 3 bristol races next year.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

that race made me really want to go to a super late model race

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

If Quin Hoff is out there it's bold to say anybody else doesn't have the chops

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

I'm going to assume nascar has a legit reason for holding her out, and assuming that's true it would seem petty to tell everybody what that reason is

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Love Hunter, but he was being a bit overdramatic especially considering Nascar became way safer in response to the thing he's talking about and nobody's died since.

Also: lolgano

chamois fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Apr 25, 2021

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

stage 2 patch notes: joey logano has been removed

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

Why would Denny put himself in a position to get wtecked when he was probably one of the only cars a lap down and could easily have gotten the free pass?

that was about the stupidest sequence of driving i've ever seen. he almost put his 23 in the wall with 2 laps to go until he got the free pass

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

team penske hit the gas pedal challenge

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

the best driver should win, so it was a good race

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

bubba..

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

i know it'll never happen but i'd like to see what chastain, buescher or jones could do in the 23

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

as a nascar fan, i really hate racing so i'm glad they kept it down to 15 laps at a time. also i hate consequential pit stops so it's a good thing all of the stage break pit stops didn't affect positioning.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

I thought it was fine I just wanted some longer runs

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

make em race in reverse

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

stage one is in your car, stage 2 is dirtbikes, stage 3 is golf carts stage 4 is bicycles stage 5 hoverboards and stage 6 is an all out foot race for one million dollars

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

that valvoline scheme is looking clean

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

they didn't check to see if the car could turn left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

that was slick driving by dillon