Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

CBJSprague24 posted:

I was going to suggest that McDowell could conceivably win his way into the second round of the chase if the Roval were in the first round, but it's not.

Had that been the case, he also conceivably could have been a threat at Talladega, which could have propelled him into the third round.

Now I'm bummed that chaos won't reign.

I'm sure he can wreck his way through the playoffs and get some wins!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Seems the Daytona RC being the 2nd race of the season let some new drivers step up and shine...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

There's not gonna be any green or yellow pit stops at Bristol. Only pit stops during the stage breaks...

Also heat style qualifying where you get points for passing, but don't lose points for getting passed. So in theory, there would be nothing stopping 2 teammates from just leap frogging each other for 15 laps and racking up qualifying points!

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2021/03/03/nascar-reveals-procedures-and-details-for-inaugural-bristol-dirt-track-weekend/

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Cygni posted:

we do know that the chicago thing is iracing right

Not sure everyone figured that one out.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It was a good race unless you bought into the hype of it being something extraordinary. It's still just a race at Bristol, just on dirt... and with preplanned pitstops every 50 laps...

It's like if you go to McDonald's expecting a 5 star lunch, you're going to be a lot less happy than if you go to McDonald's expecting to get some lovely rear end half beef burgers.

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Mar 30, 2021

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Guess the truck series is scraping the bottom of the barrel to get people to give the start your engines command...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Of all the road courses to pick, they decide to run COTA? At least it sounds like they are going to have to deal with rain... Also must be quite the advantage for the drivers running in 2 races and get twice as much practice.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Sadly the race ended up being dry... As expected for a race at COTA, it was not that good... Really not too sure why they would pick COTA over other good circuit courses like Laguna Seca or Sebring, the later of which Nascar apparently even owns through IMSA...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

They sure do have their clown shoes on today.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Racing in the rain all day. Chase Elliot gets the lead, time to yellow flag and call the race!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Indeed, now the thread title is 100% accurate... Also the winner the Coke 600 deserves really.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

A 600 mile race on the schedule is fine. But even 500 miles is too long for Charlotte.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Just run a figure 8 race for the Nascar all stars race.

Also the all stars race is a joke since just about every cup driver gets in anyway. They should mix it up and let the Truck and Xfinity series drivers earn a spot too...

Or they could just get rid of the all stars race since it loving sucks.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

He could get 1 poo poo coin and they could make a whole ad about him getting paid cryptocurrency for the sponsorship. Dogecoin really dropped the ball there.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Kyle Larson, future Nascar Cup Champion?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The SRX series is uploading the full race events to YouTube a couple days after airing. Pretty nice... Although it seems to just be the CBS broadcast with the side by side ads still...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNx1T4LdvK0

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Yea it seems like a cool series. Hope they get more seasons of it in the future and are able to get more old retired drivers to do some races. Like maybe Jeff Gordon or Earnhardt Jr. to run a race or two...

Also maybe more retired Nascar drivers can figure out a way to create a racing series for themselves to win championships in.

(Apparently there is an SRX Game that is actually not bad that also has Stadium Trucks in it, although it's $40... probably not worth that...)

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Plenty of action in the 2nd heat race on the SRX series. And they had James Hinchcliffe in the booth instead of Danica Patrick. far less use of "slide job" during the race...

Also they spent the night setting up Paul Tracy as being an rear end in a top hat that will wreck people for the entire main event... which he does before the end...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BREnrvMWCY&t=1104s

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Jun 29, 2021

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Kyle Busch shows up for an Xfinity race, nobody gets a guaranteed playoff spot and have to race for 2nd place. :lol:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

SRX was pretty fun again this week. Although not really any action until the last 10 laps of the main event. "Too many green flag laps" cautions are funny. Also kind of nice they seem to do a segment on 1 of the drivers every week before the main event. Pretty cool to hear Willy T Ribbs tell his story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt_CPqi18KU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

That'll probably be pretty cool actually!

Hopefully it won't be too long before they get to start a 2nd season of SRX after that race :). There's always fans at the track, but I think that's probably hard to judge as they are probably there for other races more than the SRX races.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Not as much action in the final SRX race. Chase Elliott gets the win and had some nice racing with his dad in Heat 1 and the start of the Main Event.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

CBJSprague24 posted:

It felt to me that Promoter Smoke overruled Driver Smoke late in the going; if it were any other driver in the field, there's a good chance he moves him.

Well maybe. But I think it might be a bad reflection on the sport if Tony Stewart is inviting Nascar legends to run races... and then spinning them out to win. "gently caress you this is my house"

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Alright, lets go McDowell, it's your time to get the championship!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Cygni posted:

Only way it could theoretically happen is with a temporary dirt track. USC Football plays until December, and they have a rugby team that plays there starting in March.

I'm willing to bet the majority of NASCAR fans in the LA area live in San Berdoo or Riverside counties (and yes i mean that in a defamatory way), aka 1.5hr-2hr away, and considering LA has lost any semblance of interest in short track or dirt track racing in the last 50 years, this sure sounds like a terrible plan!

Then again, who gives a gently caress about Xfinity or the Clash anymore I guess, so why not. NASCAR fully embracing these chickenshit gimmick weekends is pretty wild.

Stadiums and arenas do some crazy poo poo to deal with multiple different events in a short period of time. They likely could get some form of pavement down in the coliseum for a race and have it back to turf a week or two before and after the race... There's a bunch of YouTube videos that will destroy your recommendation list of time lapses of stadiums setting up events... Baseball fields to Monster Truck events? Basketball to hockey to concert? Yep it's all there!

Here's hockey to monster jam to hockey!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4CsdKe1taE

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

keep the clash on a road course but move it to watkins glen and don't change the date

gently caress it, make them do the entire Walkins Glen course while we are at it. The back half is basically an oval, they should be at home there. It's like a roval course.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0jYJua-XXs&t=301s

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Wow what a piece of poo poo then.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

bigbillystyle posted:

That was a fun series to watch. I really like the local driver aspect to it. I could do with a little bit less of the Paul Tracy professional wrestling aspect to it but it's not going to stop me from watching it. Like I get it, it's a show they're putting on so put on a show. Bang fenders, rub each other, wreck each other under yellow, whatever you want. But then don't get out of the car and do a wrestling promo. It just seemed like fake nonsense. Like are you really that mad dude? I guess PT maybe really was since he's kind of a nut but come on, just have fun with it.

I mean it's Paul Tracy, he was actually pretty mad. SRX was a fantastic series and I can't wait for whatever they get going for it next year!

Also Deegan put up a video with his reactions in the trailer after 1 of the races... she does a lot of Vlogs with her racing career and general life of a racer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL1y-9b1y2Q

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

NBC, Our streaming service is complete poo poo and we have no subscribers, what do we do? Wait YouTubeTV has lots of subscribers... I know what to do... Lets bundle!

YouTube: gently caress off with that 90s cable poo poo.

NBC: Okay sorry, can't blame us for trying.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It is pretty crazy that both the Xfinity & Cup races at Talladega got robbed of an actual finish... But good for Bubba for winning a race, he definitely fought it out there knowing it was probably the last couple laps of the race...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Kevin Harvick and Chase Elliot getting mad at each other is pretty comical since they are usually completely characterless :smug:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The Nascar playoffs might get to another level if teams start realizing they can wreck their fellow playoff teams without any meaningful penalties :lol:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Don't you injure my personal property.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's kind of cool all the drivers are actually getting heated now and showing some form of personalities. Too bad it's basically the end of the season though.

Been a while since drivers actually got mad at each other.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Nice to see a champion getting his 1st win in Nascar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Phoenix is worse than Miami for a season finale race.