Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Given how little of the circle is "bad wind" and how much of it is "you can sail with this wind" I am astonished how often the wind is literally exactly in the goddamn middle of that bad part of the circle no matter where I want to go

Game is 20/10 love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I could probably just play this game sailing in storms for a good 10 hours before getting bored and wanting to do anything else

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
this game is fun but the death penalty is ludicrous; I shouldn't lose literally hours of skill gains because a tree fell on me or whatever

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Oh are we doing Viking music?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aONcdN0Weiw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu2bgwcv43o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH0y3_-jX3o

if you want something energetic for running around mountains or something

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
:black101:

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

The first time he spawned for me I put an arrow through his forehead, but it just clipped through.

I did the same because my first sighting happened at night in the swamp and I reflexively assumed it was some sort of super-wraith come to gently caress me up

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
The iron grind really is the worst not least because you need it forever and ever for various things, instead of largely moving on like you do with copper and tin

If there were some alternate, later source of iron that was more reliable it'd be much better

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Mistlands didn't exist last time I played so that's nice to know

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I played 120 hours when it came out and have put another 120 hours in with friends over the last few months and the basic gameplay loops and mechanics are the same as far as I can tell. There are new enemies, armors, foods, and weapons but the process has been largely what I remember from the first time. Honestly probably the biggest change for me was the existence of the cartograpger's table so you can share map discoveries with your friends.

We aren't in mistlands yet so I can't comment on that but that is the only totally new part to me.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
When the game first came out the terrain modificaton system was terrible, but they put out a fix fairly early on that reduced the number of network instances by about half. You can still do too much but it's a lot harder.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Here's the base I'm working on with friends rn:

You can see I'm down to ~45 FPS (I have an RTX 2070 Super) but it never feels laggy and we've got 9000 instances and made quite a few terrain mods and all those buildings. You can do a lot before it ever becomes a serious issue, more if your card is better obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Voxx posted:

i still find it funny that the mods are subscription based. just seems insane to me still especially considering the length of the game and that mods are unsupported so they can/will break randomly and you are at the whims of the modders to fix the thing you are actively paying for

I bet the percentage of modders who got their start by fixing an abandoned broken mod so it would work with the new patch is non-trivial

But no I can't imagine paying for a mod unless its something like a complete game overhaul and even then I'd be thinking hard about it (think something like Enderal)