Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Shoehead posted:

Today I built a village and sailed a boat up river and found some ore along the shores of the black forest, I tried sailing home in a storm that opened up on me because I wore out my axe fighting crap while I was mining. Figured I'd sail out to sea to avoid the huge rocks justting out of the shallows when the waves were low. Got most of the way home hugging the coast and then suddenly "ROAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHH" I didn't make it home

Game gud

The Sea Serpent is the one thing that blocks single player games from progressing.
Most of your later ore MUST be transported over water (most likely).
And not until the 3rd tier of boat can you possibly go fast enough and thats still a random chance.

The team I play with killed the 4th boss already and are on the plains area now.
A rough, rough place, with enemies that hit for over 100 dmg.

Also the items you need to progress to the next armor tier can seemingly only be farmed there.
Which certain enemies seem to keep spawning in our farm and keep destroying the crops.
Anyone that has progressed this far have ideas on that?

OgNar fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Feb 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Jusupov posted:

We just built a fenced farm right on the edge of plains and black forest, on the edge of water too. Haven't had anything spawn in it yet.

2 star fulings can go f themselves, I'm decked out in the appropriate tier armor sitting at 98 defense and they still do closer to 90 damage. Can't even block it without the 20% movement speed penalty shield

I build a wood fenced area surrounded by stone, surrounded by spikes, they just spawn right inside.

We are now considering trying to raise the entire farm ground first to see if maybe that works.

Sadly the only plains we've seen so far seems to be an island.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Gort posted:

Shift-click stuff to divide it.

How do you tame boars?

Sneak up and drop a few shrooms on the ground, some suggest getting 1-2 mad and letting them chase you into a pen.

e: they can get out of the cheap fences and sometimes even the larger fences.

Later after beating the 4th boss flying enemies will start attacking them.
So building a roof in a stone area would be best.

OgNar fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Feb 11, 2021

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Warrior Princess posted:

You know you can just press e to stop driving the boat and then shoot at it with a bow, right? I have a basic fine wood bow and flint arrows, and it’s dead or flees before the boat gets down to 75-80% hp.

Detaching from a boat while its still moving is so dangerous in this game.
The slightest lag and I have seen others just flying off the boat because they werent hanging onto the mast or sitting.
I dont mind attacking from a boat in Multi when someone can pick you up, but taking that chance in solo is just gambling.

Also while the server allows up to 10 people, any more than 5 or so in an area doing things seems to lag the hell out of it.
Certainly during boss fights.
And this is on a paid server.

OgNar fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Feb 11, 2021

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Just know that on a public server, anyone can just go in and steal all your ores once you get to that stage.
If they know where your hut is, of course

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Behotti posted:

I've had issue with the standard door, getting in and out when building shacks/long houses/abominations. I've switched to using gates, big and stronk. Is this me just being a dumdum or has anyone else had issues? I've tried with a floor on either side of the door way and I just seem to get stuck if I have anything in my hand at worst and at best nothing in my hands I just have to keep ramming my stupid face into the door frame to get in.

i have noticed that stairs to doors dont always align properly.
You notice it mostly if you are overloaded trying to move items around and cant get in your own door because of a 1/2in lip.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Midgetskydiver posted:

Can you elaborate on how to raise this? Mine seems to be capped at 5

Comfort items would be sconces, campfires, bed, chairs, table, hearth etc all it the same area.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

VietCampo posted:

Do those small islands out in the oceans hold anything of value?

Those small islands may not actually be islands.
Specifically

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

That would be the swamp, way tougher than Black Forest, especially without bronze armor and poison potions.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

KingKapalone posted:

Can we talk server stuff for a minute? I hosted a game that 7 of us were playing on last night and some of them were getting lag or deer rubber banding. Is my PC actually hosting it? My gigabit upload is only 35mbit, so is that why? I have a Ryzen 3600, 16GB RAM, 3080. Obviously when I left they were booted and they can't play unless I am. One guy has actual fiber so I wonder if there's a way to transfer it to him.

I also just read that there is a dedicated server option that would remain on, but you have to subscribe to some service. Can't imagine a lot of people are doing that, but it seems like the best thing.

We are renting a server and find that any more than 5 people in an area is just lag town.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Midgetskydiver posted:

I found some minable barnacles on one of them. Not sure what they do.

If you get enough you can make a harpoon, drag the sea serpent back to shore and kill it to get its scales and to make a nice tower shield.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Broken Cog posted:

If I lose my Swamp Key do I have to kill the Elder again?
Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

The second boss is noted through red runed stones inside Skele Crypts.

e:fb