Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Buller posted:

Hpw are you guys transporting items by water? I have build a Karve but I cant make a chest on it.

Took me awhile but there's totally storage on the karve and longship. Go towards the front of the ship and look down at the square storage thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Kinda. I've had them stay still only to get physics hosed by storms or just physics hosed in general.

On the bright side if they get destroyed everything drops, even the materials to make it

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

I've found iron outside in a swamp biome once. I don't know if it was a generation error or just super rare. It was in one of those thin coastal biomes that rarely have crypts.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

God, I love this game.

I'm playing on a server with some discord friends. I'm pretty further than them (just need to kill the last boss) so I'm mostly building stuff and helping them make new camps and such.

One of them found a narrow strip of land and decided they were going to make a canal. We then decided it was a super cool location and going to be our main base.

Another player decided to build a bridge over the canal

Their bridge was nice but asymmetrical due to uneven surfaces and also they couldn't support the very middle so it ended up being connected by a single log.

I asked permission to redo their bridge so that a longship could fit under it also properly supported it using stone.

I got a bit more ambitious and decided I wanted to make a boathouse underneath it and then I just kept going

the (mostly) finished thing

It's a bit of a tight fit but longships can take some damage, plus it's so easy to repair with a workbench nearby.

God, I love building in this game. I hope we get more pieces sooner than later.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

sometimes they drift off but usually theres a storm or something and they get wrecked. Rafts in particular don't have a ton of hp.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Sadly, no. Water level is fixed to z axis and weather. It'd be cool if we got something more... fluid but i imagine that's outside the scope of the early access.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Wood exposed to water, whether from high tide, storms, or rain, will degrade to half damage over time. It's mostly cosmetic, honestly, considering how few things will attack your buildings right now. I'm not sure if there's stone degradation. I know naturally spawned stone buildings have a weathered look but I don't know if thats used for player stuff.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

All the boats do have oars - the first speed for all of them is rowing power. If you mean that other players should be able to join you for a speed boost I 100% agree.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Also its straight up ridiculous that's its 3:1 for a bar of bronze. It should be 3:3 or 3:2 at the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

AccountSupervisor posted:

That would literally defeat the entire purpose of bronze being more valuable and useful a resource than copper and tin alone, both in game and IRL.

Not really. You can't make weapons and armor out of tin and copper alone. Costs are still pretty high to fully outfit someone in bronze. It'd mostly just mean that a trek to a copper vein for 40 ore or whatever would get you more than maybe one item out of the deal. Making bronze is tedious and way more time consuming than maybe anything else.

Each tier seems to have a basic gimmick for resource gathering. Bronze's just seems to be tedium.

Sankis fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Feb 23, 2021