Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.
I'm not sure strip mining for copper is worth it. i've had to run back to repair my pick 3 times now and I've gotten maybe 30 copper. Seems easier to just hunt for more surface deposits.

Although I do have a very healthy amount of stone stockpiled for when I can start building with that.

Edit: Pro tip if you are getting stuck going up stairs its because they don't connect properly to wood beams. Connect them directly to the floor and you will no longer have to jump over the nothing you are stuck on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Lesson loving learned.

Never, ever, log out in a boat.

You will log back in floating in the water about 20 feet from it.

And the ladder on the loving carve doesn't loving work in the slightest bit of water.

When you die in the water where does your body end up.

This is loving aggravating.

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

The difficulty curve going into the swamp is loving insane. Crazy poison? constantly wet so you have no stamina recharge? loving waste deep water so you can't dodge the arrows flying at you from every direction?

With the first two areas, you could have some ok gear and do well. With the swamp if you aren't kitted out with all the potions you can make you don't have a loving chance.

Need to go get your body? good loving luck.

E: Do boats despawn when you die? I no longer see it, or any piles of loot that should be there if it was destroyed

Demon_Corsair fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Feb 24, 2021

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Well, turns out trying to get a little bit closer to the end of the world wasn't a good plan.

Since we went right over, we figured our bodies weren't recoverable and just cheated to spawn in our gear.

Worth it.

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Early forays into the mountain are punishing. Now I know that you can't fight wolves anywhere, you have to carefully kite them to somewhere where your swings will actually hit them.

Corpse runs back are loving miserable. I'm so happy I got a portal up, I'm going to need a full set of a food, cold potion and probably eikthyr just to be able to get up the loving mountain in the first place, then hopefully make it to my body.

An area that requires and item/potion to survive combined with naked corpse runs is rough.

E: I really need to stop pulling up to land in my long boat. I'm getting tired of having to deconstruct it because its stuck yet again.

Demon_Corsair fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Feb 28, 2021

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

One feature I hope they add is a transition biome that combines elements of the two biomes that are adjacent.

Although I will preemptively say gently caress the swamp+mountain combo biome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Anyone have any tips for building a stone bridge over a river? Right now I'm running into issues with having to build bottom up. It seems like you have to kind of guestimate distances instead of just snapping things into place, and if you are building bottom up from a river you have to make sure that the river is the perfect depth or stuff won't line up height wise.