Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

The spear can attack two or three times before most enemies can get one swing off, which often let's you push things into their stagger animation. Then they don't get an attack and take double damage from the next hit.

I don't throw them much but occasionally it's nice while running up on something. I don't throw it when fighting alongside other players though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

Are the terraforming costs incurred per-tile, or per-change? Like if I mine one single square 8 times, does it get counted only once (base height -> adjust to new height), or 8 times?

According to someone who looked at the code:

https://www.reddit.com/r/valheim/comments/lqcr88/reason_behind_low_fps_and_huge_instance_numbers/gog3xoo/ posted:

When loading an area, the game goes through all terrain modifications one-by-one and applies them.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

A friend built this...

The madness inside: