Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Initial world: found the first boss without meaning to and without setting up another spawn. Beat him bloody with my bare fists, dying repeatedly as I respawned directly in the arena :black101:

After that, got to bronze pretty quickly. Set up my Hōmë Base in a nice clearing next to one of Ulf's runestones. First Karve leads me to an island with New Trees, which I try to chop down. Doing this results in a terrifying Wood Apocalypse where many tangled trees got caught in the falling tree, which made them fall, which cascaded into the Black Forest murder-yeeting me into the shallows by my boat. 10/10 would die to Treerage again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gKlezU-fgM
Music for Vaheim, you say?

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
well this is annoying: took my karve out to a new black forest site and got caught between a troll cave and a greydwarf nest which annoyed a troll, several brutes, shamans and assorted hangers on. While kiting around my campfire, the troll ran into my boat and pushed it up into a sandbar. Then I died.

Grind for another karve, then try to retrieve my boat. New bronze axe, bronze armor and troll pants. A ton of flint and fire arrows for my bow. Feeling good. This time, while sniping at my enemies from the boat, graydwarves just saunter into the ocean, throw rocks into my boat from underwater, then manage to clip into my boat and walk it back to shore. Meanwhile I'm desperately taking an axe to the loving dwarf's head as it spasms in and out of my boat. This doesn't damage the enemy or my boat for some reason. So this rear end in a top hat sea-saunters his way back to his friends, where a troll throws a rock through the crowd (doing no damage to them) but shattering my karve and killing the gently caress outta me. Now my newest marker is... at the bottom of the ocean somewhere?

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

pik_d posted:

Haven't seen it myself but people have said they float on the water.

Maybe it's still clipped inside that son of a bitch graydwarf

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Overture posted:

This doesn't really help you now, but when I sail to a new island I find a meadow biome close to where I actually want to go and build a structure/bed/portal (with a connectable portal waiting at my home base), so that if I die in the harder biome it's easy enough to recover. This is specifically to avoid the situation you are now in, which definitely sucks the first time. I also never bring my boat close to danger, I keep it close to the meadow structure and run stuff back and forth just like I would at my home base.

yeah, I didn't realize that the enemy spawns were there the first time, they were over a hill & I couldn't see them at all. :sigh: Odin teaches us all the lessons we need to learn, I suppose.