Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

not finished yet but looking cool so far:

bridge ended up nicely

Feral Integral fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Feb 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

SKULL.GIF posted:

My friend and I spent about four hours last night building a river bridge, and I finished it this morning. Only then did it occur to me that it would've been vastly easier to build a "flat" foot bridge to get the stakes down, THEN build the arch on top of that and dismantle the foot bridge instead of the insane scaffolding (and a raft!) tricks we were doing to try to get the stakes down on the river bed up to the stairway arch.

4 bridges I find it easiest to apply a haphaserd scaffolding from the ground-up wherever you need in order to get the true supports in from the bridge-down. then you delete the temporary scaffolding like carving a sculpture out of ice

Has anybody found any physics tricks or anything weird? With pvp on, my friend and i have managed to launch each pretty far by person A harpooning person B and then jumping off something high. It's kind of funny. Another idea I have that I havent tried yet is encapsulating a tree in a weird way with structures, and then felling it to see if the tree-fall physics can go crazy

or a cart roller coaster

Feral Integral fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Feb 24, 2021