Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

For the first time since 2013's Final Burning in Budokan (the Kenta Kobashi retirement show) Pro Wrestling NOAH are coming back to the Nippon Budokan. During the Misawa years they ran there regularly 6+ times a year, and before that it was All Japan's big show venue so returning now is of huge sentimental value for the company & its fans.

And because it's a big moment for a company that looked like WWE was going to swallow it up just a couple of years ago we're going to get a big card. 9 matches, 4 title matches, Jun Akiyama's 1st match in NOAH since 2019 (& only his 4th since leaving in solidarity with Kenta Kobashi in 2013). They are also bringing in 3 legends of the sport to do commentary for this show: Kenta Kobashi, Genichiro Tenryu & one other (who Hisame believes would be either Taue or Kawada). In fact the show is so big that it's being broadcast in 2 parts. If that makes no sense to you then don't worry, I don't really get it either.

Good news, the part with all the biggest matches is being shown on Wrestle Universe as part of your monthly subscription there, with English commentary or for free on Abema TV with Japanese commentary. The bad news is that if you want to watch the opening 4 matches you will need to buy the PPV from Fite TV for $19.99. I can't say that selling the part of the card with young boys & old guys and putting the title matches on your streaming service makes sense but that's what someone has decided.

On Fite TV, starting 4:30pm JST/6:30pm AEDT/7:30am GMT/2:30am EST/11:30pm PST
Akitoshi Saito vs Kinya Okada
Atsushi Kotoge, Daiki Inaba & Yasutaka Yano vs Full Throttle (Hajime Ohara & YO-HEY) & Kawei Fujimura
M's Alliance (Masaaki Mochizuki & Masato Tanaka) vs Mohammad Yone & Shuhei Taniguchi
Kongo (Katsuhiko Nakajima, Manabu Soya, Masa Kitamiya, Haoh, Nioh & Tadasuke) vs Sugiuragun (Takashi Sugiura, Kazushi Sakuraba, Kazuyuki Fujita, Kazunari Murakami, Kendo Kashin & NOSAWA Rongai)
On Abema for free & Wrestle Universe, starting 5:45pm JST/7:45pm AEDT/8:45am GMT/3:45am EST/12:45am PST
GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Titles: STINGER (HAYATA & Yoshinari Ogawa)(c) vs Ikuto Hidaka & Kotaro Suzuki
GHC Junior Heavyweight Title: Daisuke Harada(c) vs Seiki Yoshioka)
Jun Akiyama & Naomichi Marufuji vs Kaito Kiyomiya & Yoshiki Inamura
GHC National Title: Kenoh(c) vs Masakatsu Funaki
GHC Heavyweight Title: Go Shiozaki(c) vs Keiji Mutoh

If you've been paying attention to the card then you may have noticed the 2 opening matches have changed slightly, Masao Inoue has a positive PCR test & Junta Miyawaki had to withdraw with appendicitis so there's the opener was made a singles & Inaba moved from that to replace Miyawaki.

For a preview of the card: https://chopskicksandnearfalls.com/pro-wrestling-noah-back-to-budokan-preview
And for a lower effort but shorter preview: https://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2021/02/10/noah-destination-2021-february-12-preview-predictions/
And of course to catch up on all the press NOAH wrestlers have been doing you should check Hisame's blog: http://puroprogramtranslations.blogspot.com/

And please ignore the moron who forgot to tag the thread properly :doh:

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Feb 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

drat, I was hoping to catch the first half of the card before I had to go to work, but none of that now. Hopefully the full show ends up on Universe eventually, the M's tag and the 12-man have to potential to be real sleepers

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

mutoh is going to be ghc champion in 2021, insallah.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Mutoh here to make Go cruiser-wait brother.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

If I didn't have to work tomorrow, I'd be all over this, but as it stands I'll have to catch up Friday evening. Have fun NOAH buddies.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Yeah, I'll stay up for this. Hope Go doesn't lose it on the first NOAH show I watch live!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Tenryu makes Tomoaki Honma sound like he has sweet sugary voice.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Akitoshi Saito was on the last Budokan card NOAH ran, losing in a 6 man tag to a NJPW trio of Nagata, Kojima & Tanahashi. Okada was still in university.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Shida's in the building. https://twitter.com/shidahikaru/status/1360128476444053505

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Flying through the undercard. We're already up to the Kongo vs Sugiuragun multiman.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Kendo Kashin is still wearing the Saku custom belt. Alright mate.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

The look on Murakami's face when Nakajima is doing his corner pose spot. Like he about to kill a fool

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Was a fun multiman tag but obviously just a warm up & so all the guys from Sugiuragun & Kongo could get to be part of the big show. Do want to see a singles between Nakajima & Murakami now though.

Got a wee intermission now before the main card starts.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

it is NOAH time, my dudes.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

We are live on Wrestle Universe & the free Abema feed!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Between Positive Chain and this my Wrestle Universe account is seeing a lot of use today.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Pylons posted:

Between Positive Chain and this my Wrestle Universe account is seeing a lot of use today.

we do keep saying that its an insane deal for a reason, DDT does some really good shows too.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

ItohRespectArmy posted:

we do keep saying that its an insane deal for a reason, DDT does some really good shows too.

Sunday's show baby! Jun Akiyama vs Tetsuya Endo!

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

forkboy84 posted:

:hellyeah:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

Well gently caress, I definitely can't miss that. I need to see what Endo is all about.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Surprise result with Yoshioka beating Harada, but what wasn't a surprise is the match is very good, because Harada matches are always very good.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Very enjoyable, though I could've done with five more minutes.

BTF
Oct 15, 2019

I love Matt Taven
Harada/Yoshioka was very good and the best stuff so far. It might even end up being the best match tonight but this tag might be a banger as well.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

BEEF

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

BIG BOY BATTLE

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Akiyama trying to get DQ'd here

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Did Kaito try to get with Jun's daughter or something? He's in proper grumpy auld bastard mode.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
i havent seen NOAH in a decade and my takeaway so far was that KENTA must have a picture of Dorian Gray depicting Marufuji hidden in his attic

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jeez, these tortured screams from Kaito.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Even just the struggle for the suplex was incredibly cool.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Okay, that shove into the German suplex is absolutely gifworthy. Beautiful spot

https://twitter.com/noah_ghc/status/1360164015998001156?s=20

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Real good match, the right team won.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

That was great.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

JUN WANTS KAITO ONE ON ONE, LOOK AT HIM

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

God, Inamura's chest.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

It's the man with a chip on his shoulder bigger than the Solar System, Kenoh :woop:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Funaki working as stiff as you'd hope

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

This is a really fascinating match. Not usually my thing but commentary is really helping make this accessible enough to be enjoyable.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

gently caress YEAH

NOAH has really turned me into a shootstyle fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BTF
Oct 15, 2019

I love Matt Taven
That was... a match. The crowd didn't really seem to get into it but it was solid after Funaki started using Kenoh's head as bongos.