Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

reignonyourparade posted:

Tangentially, I find it incredible how much better Will Farrell is as the straight man than he is as the funny man and how he is hardly ever used in that role.

Like Melissa McCarthy in Can You Ever Forgive Me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

reignonyourparade posted:

Tangentially, I find it incredible how much better Will Farrell is as the straight man than he is as the funny man and how he is hardly ever used in that role.

he did type cast himself with SNL awhile back so he most likely doesn't get to do projects since a studio just wants him to recreate Elf, why waste money on a long-shot character that can't guarantee a big showing?

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

idk who this scalzi character is but I love Stranger than Fiction

THis is one of my favorite scenes in a movie ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8e1ouQxndg

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

SilkyP posted:

I'll say what we've all been thinking, Italians shouldn't write sci fi

The Hell you say!

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

ante posted:

I dunno if it's tangential, that's kinda what I was getting at, but you said it better

I really like him as a straight man, because his one-liners punch way harder when someone else is giggling about them than when he is. "I brought you flours" might be the best joke in the entire movie.