Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMyctuzjrlI

i'm watching it atm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCFOcqsnc9Y

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
i had a argument with a friend who is a freelance artist who dived head first into therapy rules and spiritualism as resulting from introspection and individualism, so yeah this is rules so very much

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

oh poo poo his stuff owns this is like getting a present dropped in my lap, happy friday

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Alternative link as well

https://thoughtmaybe.com/cant-get-you-out-of-my-head/

Youtube one has some weird cuts in it to get around the copyright algorithms and this one has trouble loading, so pick your poison.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

ive got the day off might have to wake and bake and watch this

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

blessed

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Hell yeah

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

gently caress yes I love watching six straight hours of stock footage edited together so this deranged idealist can explain how Patti Smith and Jane Fonda caused the dawn of neoliberalism

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
if he doesnt cover epstein hes an op imo

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006
this is pseudo intellectual catnip and i loving love it

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Better pick it up then op

There better be low quality russian punk in this one

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
my dude bisects chinese revolutionist opera with black panther footage with tupac's violence
:five:

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
I'm having trouble finding a thesis that holds all of the episodes together.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Dmitri-9 posted:

I haven't seen parts 5 and 6 yet (and wont until after work today) but mostly what Im getting is "Individualism is poisonous" in neon flashing lights the size of an ocean liner.

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

Dmitri-9 posted:

“Suddenly, everything changed”

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Dmitri-9 posted:

Seems like a lot of his documentaries follow the Mark Fisher capitalist realism line of "nobody has a compelling vision of the future" and the aforementioned corrosive nature of individualism. I'm just here for the montages baby

THS
Sep 15, 2017

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Seems like a lot of his documentaries follow the Mark Fisher capitalist realism line of "nobody has a compelling vision of the future" and the aforementioned corrosive nature of individualism. I'm just here for the montages baby

yeah adam curtis is about the collapse of narratives for the future, a collapse in the belief that politics can improve people lives, and the ways in which the breakdown of any collective solidarity, or even in the concept of a “society” you might have obligations toward, and has obligations toward you, caused this terrible, bewildering present we find ourselves in

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Dmitri-9 posted:

THS
Sep 15, 2017

adam curtis docs are dreamscape hypnotism that instills those who go into it with an open mind that neoliberalism is loving terrible. open your heart and let him in. you might intellectually know neoliberalism sucks, but adam curtis ensures that you feel it

Paffgen
Jul 13, 2009

QUEER FRASIER posted:

gently caress yes I love watching six straight hours of stock footage edited together so this deranged idealist can explain how Patti Smith and Jane Fonda caused the dawn of neoliberalism

he's apologizing for his women=vapid shorthand that led to Adam McKay making the number one most sexist moment of 10s cinema with this series

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hell yeah I know what I'm watching tonight

Still get chills watching clips from The Power of Nightmares after 20 years

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

a filmmaker whos gimmick is unabated access to the bbc archives? well! time to lean back and let the queens trickle down ideology drip onto my forehead and wait for liz frazier to show up.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

QUEER FRASIER posted:

unironically tho

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

exmarx posted:

i'm watching it atm

disgusting

THS
Sep 15, 2017

The Saucer Hovers posted:

a filmmaker whos gimmick is unabated access to the bbc archives? well! time to lean back and let the queens trickle down ideology drip onto my forehead and wait for liz frazier to show up.

idgi

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
most embarrassing thing I ever did was try to show my ex hypernormalisation.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
curtis' ideology is confused but thats ok

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
good stuff

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

mila kunis posted:

curtis' ideology is confused but thats ok

He is the true avatar of our times

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
from what i've watched so far his main idea seems to be that community and solidarity are dead, and everyone is isolated, atomized, scared and confused, and that the idea of giving yourself to a collective cause has been wrecked by individualism

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
No mention of the voynich manucript mention yet? That one made me go "WHAT" anyway

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Rewatched Hypernormalisation recently, here for the rare footage and rad soundtracks.

I haven't watched parts 5 and 6 yet, does he mention at any point that Horst Mahler became a Holocaust denier and nazi? Seems somewhat relevant to the interview and the part about the Hitler picture at PFLP summer camp.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

MeatwadIsGod posted:

our Ken Burns

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

lol

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
if only that ukranian guy hadn't gotten dumped by his hot wife
and by an Italian, smh

Honest Thief has issued a correction as of 19:06 on Feb 12, 2021

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

my life is considerably worse having watched this

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

how the gently caress does this not have "but what the politicians didn't know..."

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Bedshaped posted:

most embarrassing thing I ever did was try to show my ex hypernormalisation.

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Adam Curtis good or Adam Curtis bad