Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I hope they nerf the infinite ammo builds and make t15 have less hp for groups so there's more build diversity. I know people will still just play what's the best but I would rather people play random weird builds and still do the coop instead of it be a race to the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Clarste posted:

Uh, I'll try I guess.

I don't think the points in blood bath and blood donation are worth it. Have you seen a difference without the two points? I'm healing fine without them and the damage from bleed is minimal(7% of your total damage in your screen shot).

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

RisqueBarber posted:

I don't think the points in blood bath and blood donation are worth it. Have you seen a difference without the two points? I'm healing fine without them and the damage from bleed is minimal(7% of your total damage in your screen shot).

That's possible, I haven't really thought about it. What would you replace them with though? CD reduction?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

The Locator posted:

While I enjoy the game a good bit, and am having fun, some things about the game just bug me because I'm OCD.

The anomaly destroys all electronics so there are no 'tunes' in my truck because the radio won't work and I have to go scrounge lithium from old batteries... but I'm magically in radio communication with everyone else on my 'team' on the planet at all times...

Lots of little things like that which only matter to stupid OCD people probably, but the game is good fun.

Taking a break from my Devastator who is at the forest encampment now about level 20 and starting to level up my Technomancer a bit. Just got the mini-gun and it's okay, but obviously needs some mods to make it shine like everyone talks about.

This is explained in the game.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Finally the game opens up a bit more and actually gives me things to do!
Now that I've arrived at Deadrock Pass and Trenchtown I have a pretty full quest log and wow I can finally get more interesting gear, I really don't understand this game's structure at all.

Why does it have an RNG loot and crafting system when it would have been fine as just a bizarrely late Gears of War(with abilities) clone?

It clearly expects you to backtrack to do stuff yet why is backtracking such a god damned hassle? Along with the fast travel system being bonkers, it's also incredibly linear with very few shortcuts to get anywhere quicker, and then you have the load screens on top of load screens but hot drat are they lucky that everything takes a second to load cause it's honestly worse than Anthem with all of the "hidden" load screens.

It also helps very much that it provides a fun challenge at times when you can actually flex the skill system and mod synergies without hiding behind cover like a little bitch all the time, it sucks being a Trickster sometimes... I wish the backstab skill actually worked 80% of the time cause it's a cool idea but the targeting is rear end.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

dogstile posted:

Yeah, I gave the punch build a go and swapped over to an earthquake build because weirdly enough that skill hits flying enemies.

One i get the legendary mod to punch the ground 2 more times i'll be doubling my damage. It's a fun build and i'm basically invincible (thanks heal on bleed) but waiting around to find that mod sucks.

I mean, you can certainly do both earthquake and melee build, they both scale off anomaly power, and the seismic cooldowns are easy to pick up on the skill path. It's what I'm doing but just got to 30 and haven't beaten the game. I haven't even found the melee cooldown mod yet and it works pretty well.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

The Locator posted:

While I enjoy the game a good bit, and am having fun, some things about the game just bug me because I'm OCD.

The anomaly destroys all electronics so there are no 'tunes' in my truck because the radio won't work and I have to go scrounge lithium from old batteries... but I'm magically in radio communication with everyone else on my 'team' on the planet at all times...
My favorite thing is that right after Jakub explains that nothing electrical works so there's no 'tunes', the camera switches to an outside view of the truck turning on it's headlights. Which I guess don't use electricity in the future.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

g0del posted:

My favorite thing is that right after Jakub explains that nothing electrical works so there's no 'tunes', the camera switches to an outside view of the truck turning on it's headlights. Which I guess don't use electricity in the future.
From what I understand from the lore in the game it's no complex electronics work because the anomaly causes constant EMP effects. Which is why simple electronics like batteries and lights and radios and combustion engines can work (though they can be damaged by EMP as well). But anything delicate with a microprocessor or small circuits would get burned out from the EMP.

Which is also why there are still very rare but working computer systems in protected, underground locations in the game.

No "tunes" is because nothing can read the digital storage that all their tunes are on. The historian lady mentions this when you bring her a data disc of some sort, how they thought they were archiving things for ever but now those discs are just useless (since there aren't any working electronics to read them)

Kenshin fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Apr 7, 2021

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Sounds like some news on some fixes tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/outriders/status/1379818749105217540?s=21

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Man I cannot join a random group for expeditions at all, lame

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

NeurosisHead posted:

Man I cannot join a random group for expeditions at all, lame

Roman posted:

PSA: There's still a problem with inventory disappearing and it seems to be tied to multiplayer, so it's best to play solo for now until the devs address it.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Tei posted:

My build is would suck less with a weapon with 40% of extra damage based on your armour + the perk to get armour from shots. Unfortunally getting that exotic weapon drop is almost imposible. Since I have finished the game I have received exactly zero exotics. I guess the droprate is superlow.

You can use the bug I posted and get 10 legendary guns at a time, but you need a friend to do it.

Clarste posted:

Oh, uh, for the record it sucks against birds. A lot. Because I can't hit them with anything but pot shots until they land for 2 seconds every so often.

Go for headshots. If you do a bunch of consecutive headshot damage to the birds, they stagger and fall to the ground.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Deakul posted:

Why does it have an RNG loot and crafting system when it would have been fine as just a bizarrely late Gears of War(with abilities) clone?
...that's literally the part of the game everyone likes the most dude

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
yeah, without loot/crafting I would not have even tried the free demo

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

funkmeister posted:

yeah, without loot/crafting I would not have even tried the free demo

hard same

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

I'd love to be even able to join a random matchmaking session. Take my inventory I don't care its all green trash

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

jabro posted:

This is explained in the game.

Later in the story or should I spend some time digging through all the logs I've been picking up but haven't read, or did I just miss it?

Edit: Nevermind, read the other goons explanation a few posts later.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Mordja posted:

...that's literally the part of the game everyone likes the most dude

It's literally the only part of the game that got me to give it a shot and thankfully the loot is kinda interesting and the crafting is flexible but my point is that it doesn't really feel like it fits with the game as a whole, y'know?

It's very linear and annoying to traverse so much so that I imagine that replaying it to try different classes is going to be a slog and I'm kind of dreading it unless it lets you go everywhere from the start.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Man the last boss was some poorly coded bullshit. Not being able to hit the orbs with abilities basically fucks all anomaly power builds forcing you to lower the difficulty. Who thought that was a good idea?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Frustrated posted:

Man the last boss was some poorly coded bullshit. Not being able to hit the orbs with abilities basically fucks all anomaly power builds forcing you to lower the difficulty. Who thought that was a good idea?

It was easy at tier 11 for me. Just beat it. Melee scales on anomaly, I killed the orbs in one punch.

Edit - I'm also using brawl and the skill perk for melee damage.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Apr 7, 2021

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Yeah I beat him pretty easy on wt12. His first encounter was some bullshit though. Bullshit in that my mod and skill tree didn’t mesh with him just bull rushing me constantly. Had to drop down for that one.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
So now I'm a little confused. I just unlocked wt12, I have some hunts and sidequests left to do. Should I just finish the hunts or is it worth it to keep a farm spot?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I haven’t turned my WL down at all and I’m only at 9 and I’m level 27 and nearing the end of the game (doing all side quests as they popped up). Not sure what happened.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

fadam posted:

I haven’t turned my WL down at all and I’m only at 9 and I’m level 27 and nearing the end of the game (doing all side quests as they popped up). Not sure what happened.

I farmed gear for a while, which will increase your world tier. I'm guessing others do the same.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Dying also decreases your WT

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Kaddish posted:

It was easy at tier 11 for me. Just beat it. Melee scales on anomaly, I killed the orbs in one punch.

Edit - I'm also using brawl and the skill perk for melee damage.

didn't think to try and punch them. My friend and I were on WT 15 and had to drop down to 11 to beat it. We were both running anomaly builds and both the pyro and demo skills wouldn't damage the dumb orbs.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Would just need to farm 20k more podbucks to be able to get my first 3pc bonus.

Back to back drops in the expeditions that cost

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Kaddish posted:

So now I'm a little confused. I just unlocked wt12, I have some hunts and sidequests left to do. Should I just finish the hunts or is it worth it to keep a farm spot?
Finish them, get your legendary. You can go back to the guys you turn the hunts/bounties into and have them reset the quest chains so you can redo them later.

You absolutely do not need farm spots once you have expeditions unlocked.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Also man, I'm level 16 and I haven't had one legendary drop and only like one or two purples what gives?!

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Deakul posted:

Also man, I'm level 16 and I haven't had one legendary drop and only like one or two purples what gives?!
Your character level doesn't really matter for this, it's World Tier. And that sounds about right, you'll start getting more and more purples soon.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Kenshin posted:

Finish them, get your legendary. You can go back to the guys you turn the hunts/bounties into and have them reset the quest chains so you can redo them later.

You absolutely do not need farm spots once you have expeditions unlocked.

Perfect, thanks.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Deakul posted:

I didn't get my first (and only) legendary until level 19. Purples started dropping for me semi-frequently around level 17 (I was a WT 7 or 8 there I think), so hang in there.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
It's so weird seeing techs listed as the broken OP class. Like, it's cool, and my wife is pretty happy about her choice to push through with it, but it's weird. I also love the devastator punchyfist build. It's a shame 3/4 classes just go straight to the gun tree but you either have that or the Warframe thing where guns are just an accessory.

Tenzarin posted:

I hope they nerf the infinite ammo builds and make t15 have less hp for groups so there's more build diversity. I know people will still just play what's the best but I would rather people play random weird builds and still do the coop instead of it be a race to the best.

List of games in which nerfing didn't just move the goalposts and instead defeated the natural human tendency to pick the better option:

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I haven’t really even done the lazy mental math comparison but it sure seems like once you get into the 25-30 range, gear really goes asymptotic with numbers. I was dogshit around 25-26, then I realized I hadn’t tuned my gear in a level or two and went back to stomping. Now I’m at 28 and starting to feel a little drop off again and new items are way more powerful.

To be fair, it’s probably less a 2 level swing than it is like a 4ish level swing because of world tiers, admittedly.

Just make sure you’re staying on top of your stuff once you get to that spot. I’ve mostly been playing with a friend but on a few solo excursions I went from absolutely dogshit to crushing because I got a new armors that stacked the stats I wanted further. The game really wants you to stack stack stack. My only distaste right now is when I get several new purples and can’t use any of them despite being better in almost every way because they don’t have ability power on them.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Something I'm confused about is why all your characters have a shared stash but they don't have shared resources/currency.

It's mostly just annoying because I can run like 2 expeditions on my 30/WT11 and put all the blues and purples in my stash for my low level characters to recycle/sell and they'll never have to worry about resources.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Also re: gun tree: not true for trickster! I mean, I still pretty much have to be on twisted rounds but I’ve built it exclusively on the ability power tree. With a full friend team (devastator, tech) I tend to swap to a teleport/spin build that I mentioned earlier. And it absolutely cleans house for huge groups of dudes.

Unfortunately I don’t know if ability power does anything for any of the non-damage skills for Trickster, but it’s hard for me to ever want to get rid of the bullet time bubble and I usually build my mods around the spin or the twisted bullets.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Mailer posted:

It's so weird seeing techs listed as the broken OP class. Like, it's cool, and my wife is pretty happy about her choice to push through with it, but it's weird. I also love the devastator punchyfist build. It's a shame 3/4 classes just go straight to the gun tree but you either have that or the Warframe thing where guns are just an accessory.

List of games in which nerfing didn't just move the goalposts and instead defeated the natural human tendency to pick the better option:

Punchy devastator is a-ok and loads of fun for me. Maybe it drops off at higher tiers, I dunno. I just did the babbies first expedition and it brought me up to tier 5. It's a maximum aggression playstyle for sure.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Apr 7, 2021

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

I ran a minigun build on techno for my run through the game which probably used two bugs, since other ammo refill mods did not work on it but perpetum mobile does, and the minigun mod that gives you power per kill seems to only deplete one stack after 10 seconds, so the minigun has infinite ammo so long as minions spawn and constantly scales per kill until its doing absurd levels of damage. Im running mines with a extra charge for the 50% power bonus node and toxic turret for the easy extra damage since it also scales per minigun kill and the toxin 30% power node. Does make me wish several of the technomancer nodes had a shorter cd because a lot seem way too long for what they do, like pain launcher.

Also why the heck does pyros thermal bomb not detonate instantly, it causes bombs to fail so often.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Clarste posted:

That's possible, I haven't really thought about it. What would you replace them with though? CD reduction?

The nice thing about bleed is the constant health regen from multiple sources. With vampire etc mods you're basically immortal unless some serious damage comes down. Just keep shooting and punching, for eternity.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Apr 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Anime Store Adventure posted:

Also re: gun tree: not true for trickster! I mean, I still pretty much have to be on twisted rounds but I’ve built it exclusively on the ability power tree. With a full friend team (devastator, tech) I tend to swap to a teleport/spin build that I mentioned earlier. And it absolutely cleans house for huge groups of dudes.

Unfortunately I don’t know if ability power does anything for any of the non-damage skills for Trickster, but it’s hard for me to ever want to get rid of the bullet time bubble and I usually build my mods around the spin or the twisted bullets.

Anomaly Power increases the Fire Power bonus of Twisted Rounds. For Hunt the Prey, it should increase the shield you get after teleporting. Borrowed Time also gives a shield bonus.

I think Slow Trap and Time Rift aren't affected by Anomaly Power. They don't do damage or give shield.

I'm not sure if Anomaly Power increases the damage of skill mods. For example, Hunt the Prey has skill mods that apply damage to the enemy you teleport behind. I know the mods are affected by armor level, but I'm not sure if Anomaly Power affects them.

Nalin fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Apr 7, 2021