Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

CONGRESS SHALL MAKE NO LAW RESPECTING AN ESTABLISHMENT OF RELIGION, OR PROHIBITING THE FREE EXERCISE THEREOF; OR ABRIDGING THE FREEDOM OF SPEECH, OR OF THE PRESS; OR THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE PEACEABLY TO ASSEMBLE, AND TO PETITION THE GOVERNMENT FOR A REDRESS OF GRIEVANCES.

The real question is if this does stop inventories from being wiped what new awesome bug did the patch just introduce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Tei posted:

top tree, but respecing is free and fast

What skills are good? Blight bullets seem pretty bad until I get infinite ammo going.

ketchup vs catsup
Nov 30, 2006

is this game safe to play on PS5 yet?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

This game has always been safe to play, if your poo poo gets wiped you would have been one of the doofuses in the prologue that got snapped up in the anomaly

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Sounds like the game still doesnít save a local copy of the inventory. All because they probably donít want people modifying it.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

bamhand posted:

What skills are good? Blight bullets seem pretty bad until I get infinite ammo going.

sounds like you know more about the topic than me :-O

I have no idea, techno is only my second character, and I levelled it super fast by paying on WT1, walkzkind around like a god

- theres a few nodes for snipers, don't get these if you are not into sniper
- theres a fat node for rifles, that is obvious pick
- I don't personally like the nodes that say "change the radio that are considered far distance", but I am a certified idiot maybe are uberuseful

You don't really need to make a "build" for leveling. If you really want to, just pick mods on your gear that enhance the skills you use.

I have not seen anything good for techno to gain survavility, it seems technos gain survavility by killing them first. So get whatever make numbers go big?

Tei fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Apr 15, 2021

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007

Taco Defender

ZeeBoi posted:

Sounds like the game still doesnít save a local copy of the inventory. All because they probably donít want people modifying it.

Cheat engine can change your items. I wouldn't be surprised if alot of the game is just client side.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

ketchup vs catsup posted:

is this game safe to play on PS5 yet?

I have been playing on PS5 since launch, and the only thing I find terrible is having to quit and restart a bunch to get past "Signed In!" when you first launch the game. If you mean "will my inventory vanish", I don't know, but I have been co-opping with friends most days since launch and we still all have them. Anecdotal for sure, but so far it's been fine.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Stupid game is fun, but at least once per hour it just hard locks my PC, which is annoying as hell, especially if I forgot to bring up task manager and have it open on the secondary monitor as there is no way to close the locked window except ending task or a restart and when it freezes you can't toggle to any of the other processes behind it. So I can get to the start menu and launch task manager, but if it opens on the same monitor as the game you just can't see it, making it less than useful.

Also it has a bad habit of doing the freeze right at the end of a long mission just before the checkpoint... grr...

Just poking along in WT7 and level 15 or so.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Ok, I did a expedition with 3 technos. They stack with themselves really well. Lots of turrets, everything freezing and getting poisoned and sniped all the time.
We walked with the best score for 5 expeditions until our combined gear was too underpowered to really stay alive. Fun times.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Your 2017 World Series MVP

Pillbug

Frustrated posted:

For everyone in expeditions, run Archways of Enoch as much as possible before they go and make the time tighter, it's by far the easiest mission to gold. I just did a gold run on 14 to push myself to CT 15 when I was barely silvering other CT 14 missions.

Yeah this is solid advice, I walked a CT14 archways easily today. The gap between different expeditions is really weird; I couldn't gold Boom Town for anything and since they changed the timer I rarely gold Chem Plant even with the skip. Then there's the marsh one, where for some reason the "lower the pillar" section is ridiculously overtuned. Every other expedition with one of those gives you a wave of enemies and then a gap which lets you lower the pillar in about 3 waves; the marshes one for some reason after the second wave they start spawning constantly. It took me like 8 minutes just on that part on CT14 recently.

Anyway yeah archways is your raise the tier easily expedition slash farming for gold for more drop pod resources and legendaries for now.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht9QmoVdElk

Some neat pointers in this including animation cancels with dodges, stun escapes with melee, and stripping armor off chungus mobs by punching them.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

bamhand posted:

What skills and tree should I use to level up a Techno?

Top tree, dipping down to get Exposing Toxin and Marked for Execution. Grab Assault Master, pick everything that ups weapon/toxin damage, ignore Sniper stuff. Skills are Blighted Rounds, Blighted Turret, and typically Cold Snap. Armor stats are Firepower/Close/Long. Gun stats are Weapon Leech/Crit Damage/(Close or Long).

Key armor mods are Toxic Lead and... basically anything to boost firepower and give you enough survivability. Until you get Toxic Lead you can sub in Trick Up The Sleeve (possibly supported by Spare Mag) to give you infinite ammo. Weapon mods are whatever gives you the most damage - you don't need anything in particular.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

hey, who had the punch devastator build?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

lol, they introduced a new bug with this patch.

If you're in a group and try launching an expedition the non-host crashes.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007

Taco Defender

That was already there.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Well then.

Main guy I'm playing with and I hadn't had it happen before today, but today we had it happen 3 times in a row.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

CONGRESS SHALL MAKE NO LAW RESPECTING AN ESTABLISHMENT OF RELIGION, OR PROHIBITING THE FREE EXERCISE THEREOF; OR ABRIDGING THE FREEDOM OF SPEECH, OR OF THE PRESS; OR THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE PEACEABLY TO ASSEMBLE, AND TO PETITION THE GOVERNMENT FOR A REDRESS OF GRIEVANCES.

I was able to play crossplay with my friend for the first time in two weeks. Game is fun although I have no clue what Iím doing with skill points on my technomancer. Ive just been throwing everything into the top tree.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

booted it up today to see if my character was playable again

nope, still stuck in limbo, 2 second disconnect immediately upon starting a game. RIP in peace my trickster

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Your 2017 World Series MVP

Pillbug

It's hard to articulate when I'm very annoyed but I think nothing gets me hotter than a game that is close to really good but gets sucked down by mistakes that are not only easily avoidable but obvious to anyone who plays games. It'd be easier to move on from a game that just sucked out loud all the time.

Right now my giant bugaboo is: I need a truly absurd number of drop pod resources to upgrade my gear from 49 to 50, having just unlocked world tier 15. 15s are too hard and take too much time to solo right now, especially since if I don't complete them I get zero resources. The number I need is high enough that I basically have to farm 14s. This would be way easier in a group, since some jackass decided they shouldn't scale enemy numbers based on number of players, which I guess is fine if you intended for your endgame to be done mostly in parties, but if that were the case why did you earthshatteringly stupid motherfuckers decide against any form of party chat? This of course also ignores all the problems they've had with multiplayer beyond that, but at least they might have theoretically thought they had that nailed down before release.

I get that I can get in goon groups probably and I'm sure I'll do that to finish this off this weekend but man gently caress off with this poo poo, it's such an easily avoidable series of mistakes especially since other games made them already.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Darke GBF posted:

booted it up today to see if my character was playable again

nope, still stuck in limbo, 2 second disconnect immediately upon starting a game. RIP in peace my trickster

That appears to be the next planned fix (along with inventory restores) assuming this patch works.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

After the patch I booted it up for the first time in a while and checked out my first expedition. I died and remembered that it's a time trial where you have to start all over again if you die and I immediately lost interest in playing. If I hadn't got it from Gamepass and had paid $60 I would have been pretty annoyed.

They really should have made them anything else besides a time trial, maybe some kind of scoring thing instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007

Taco Defender

Finished all the steam achievements today, I would say my time playing the game has been highly enjoyable.