Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Lumpy posted:

Good on them I guess? (not directed at you Sal, just a general "nice changes, but probably too little too late")

Oh thats exactly how I feel. I loving loved the demo, I loved the first week or so of this game, but I have gotten really pissed at the way PCF have handled everything after.

bamhand posted:

Damage being a % of players health would be insane. It would make absolutely no sense to design it that way. So I probably wouldn't be surprised if that were true for this game.

And yeah, what's the point of having more health if the timers are so strict and the rewards so bad if you even miss the first cut off?

At first I didn't mind the timers because I like Diablo 3 and all the Greater Rifts essentially have the same timer length (15 minutes). When they changed the timers on Boom Town and Chem Plant those 2 became impossible for me and it sucked.

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jun 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I logged in and discovered the legendary I got was useless and was right back out. I have one achievement to 100% the game but it would involve grinding a lot of ability kills so meh. If they ever do a real big rebalance that makes it easier I'll come back but too little too late is right

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

fast cars loose anus posted:

I logged in and discovered the legendary I got was useless and was right back out. I have one achievement to 100% the game but it would involve grinding a lot of ability kills so meh. If they ever do a real big rebalance that makes it easier I'll come back but too little too late is right

Which ability? I've gotten 100% and I could give you a 1-10 on the pain of grinding scale.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Uh it's three of the trickster ones
Hitting enemies with spinny
Trapping them with time rift
Slowing projectiles w bubble
They're all easy enough I just don't wanna right now

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
So the patch to fix the drop rate has finally hit and looks to be a pretty good improvement

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2021/06/22/outriders-massive-legendary-drop-rate-patch-is-here-and-feels-great/

No idea why the game didn't launch like this but now Outriders is a solid $30 game.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I feel like we live in a weird world if Forbes is where to get "hey outriders doesn't suck as much now" updates

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I still don't think I'd bother playing until they at least halve enemy damage.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol the update made the game worse, again

https://i.imgur.com/DN4yts3.gifv

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
I thought you were loving with us for a second and had posted one of your Anthem gifs.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
We really shouldn't be surprised at this point.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

moist turtleneck posted:

This is just the normal Outriders matchmaking experience though. :confused:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm sorry but I have never ice skated before and I have dealt with some abysmal hosts

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I used cheat engine to increase my drops and I got 4 cannonball boots. I wish I took a screenshot of it.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

The Legendary drop rates patch caught my eye and I went and looked at the 'balance' patch prior...

It doesn't seem like any of what they did would make CT15 any more viable really at all, meaning my buddy and I who were doing super well until the nerfs late April would be able to beat Eye of the Storm?

I miss the good times of this game with my buddy but there's absolutely no way we could switch to increasing Health on our armor since everything needs to be life leech and damage because that's the *actual* way to survive. I don't care if I have 1 million health if I can't outpace damage with healing.

They really just don't know what the hell they're doing do they?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Why would anyone do eye of the storm? Besides bragging rights.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

bamhand posted:

Why would anyone do eye of the storm? Besides bragging rights.

A sense of having completed 'everything' and, at least until we realized how truly insane it was, the challenge.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I was just happy that we got to kill all the bad guys in the story. I did it with a friend on his technomancer while I played my pyro to cc the adds that jump to you and stick on you like glue. I couldn't solo it on my technomancer.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

moist turtleneck posted:

The only reason I could tell that wasn't Anthem, was the lack of a JET PACK!

Otherwise.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Tried the game after the drop rate change. Got 5 legendaries in one run. That's nice and all but like, the game play still isn't very fun.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

moist turtleneck posted:

"Oh this is on sale let's see if they fixed it al a--"

I'll be going now.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm dying for an me3 mp game and these companies keep coming out with turds

And the company that remastered me3 threw the mp to the wayside lol

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

moist turtleneck posted:

I'm dying for an me3 mp game and these companies keep coming out with turds

And the company that remastered me3 threw the mp to the wayside lol

Possibly the most :wtc: decision since andromeda

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I got an email today "Thanks for supporting Outriders!" and if you login you get a god-rolled legendary, an emote (lol) and some Ti (double lol). Also some "sorry we hosed up"-ish text and that they're working on new content.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

They actually hosed up the rollout of their legendary giveaway, so they did it twice.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I was excited to FINALLY get a high roller.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
How do you tell the crossplay folks to not pick stupid marshland when boom town is up too. I hit decline 3 times before leaving

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

According to IGN Square Enix hasn't given People Can Fly any royalties yet and don't know how much it sold, possibly because it hasn't been profitable for SE. A few people are trying to blame Game Pass because apparently Steam and Playstations don't exist.

Personally, I played it once through on Game Pass and wouldn't buy it because the flow of the game felt odd and endgame is nothing but time trials (which are bad). Plus all the bugs and multiplayer issues (which I might have suffered through in a game I liked more) didn't help

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Roman posted:

According to IGN Square Enix hasn't given People Can Fly any royalties yet and don't know how much it sold, possibly because it hasn't been profitable for SE. A few people are trying to blame Game Pass because apparently Steam and Playstations don't exist.

Personally, I played it once through on Game Pass and wouldn't buy it because the flow of the game felt odd and endgame is nothing but time trials (which are bad). Plus all the bugs and multiplayer issues (which I might have suffered through in a game I liked more) didn't help

It absolutely was game pass. Without it, the game wouldn't have gotten 2-3 million people playing it (in the first few weeks). People on Steam didn't give a poo poo about it and only a few die-hards play it now. I'm sure the same is true for PS.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I really liked the 1-30 content but yeah, the endgame is anemic. Poor matchmaking system that can sometimes punish you for getting carried, timed end-game BS where the timer doesn't even stop during loss of control moments or anything.

Seems to me like the endgame was kind of an afterthought, which is a shame because the rest of the game was at least a good 7/10.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Their biggest sin was putting the actual conclusion of the story at the hardest part of grindy endgame stuff instead of letting it be a complete single player game and then having endgame to gently caress around in

Trickster was one of the most fun game experiences I've had in a shooter when everything worked

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah, i've got no problem recommending this game for 1-3 people to pick up and play through the campaign with. It's a solidly fun game.

I would absolutely not recommend it for endgame content, but that's fine imo. I don't really understand the endgame loot grind and why people enjoy it though.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

They bragged that it wasn't a live service game but if they had made it one with long term support it would might have got more people to actually buy it

Destiny 2 is on console gamepass with all expansions, and they're also putting it on PC gamepass this year. I can't see why they would be doing that if gamepass was so bad for profits, especially with including all expansions which most gamepass games don't do

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

ZeeBoi posted:

It absolutely was game pass. Without it, the game wouldn't have gotten 2-3 million people playing it (in the first few weeks). People on Steam didn't give a poo poo about it and only a few die-hards play it now. I'm sure the same is true for PS.

It's a precipitous dropoff, but over 100K concurrent is pretty drat high, probably one of the highest of the year outside of F2P stuff like Apex or whatever.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Yeah, making it explicitly not a live-service game, but also stealing game mechanics from live-service looter shooters is probably not the best idea. With this game specifically, you either choose to grind out the end-game content because you genuinely like it, or you accept that you've basically finished the game and move on. Which either is fine for most games, but trying combine both kinds of end-games doesn't really work. At least, not this way.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Mordja posted:

It's a precipitous dropoff, but over 100K concurrent is pretty drat high, probably one of the highest of the year outside of F2P stuff like Apex or whatever.

Lol it was over 100K for a few days until people realized what a piece of poo poo this game was :newlol:

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I think they under-estimated the demand for post-release support for games like these and it was under-planned. On top of not making a live-service game (a very good thing) while adopting aspects of it (a bad thing) did them no favors. Their balancing wasn't very good either with the most powerful builds requiring very few legendaries while others requiring very specific ones with god-rolled stats to be even remotely viable.

I enjoyed the game a ton but they mucked up on their post-release support.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Also nerfing things as if the game was to be an ongoing concern like Destiny or an MMO that actually needs to be somewhat balanced instead of just saying hm this technomancer build kills, let's make sure every other class has at least one build that can do this, was stupid

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah it was a shame half the enemies in the game basically got to ignore devastators coolest skill, reflect.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
This had so many memorable moments:

"Anti-cheat is very important!"
"Wait why the gently caress do I have to log in to player a single-player game?!?"

"Balance is very important!"
"These nerfs are dumb and made the game way less fun!"

"Lol gamers are so entitled. You can't expect to play a game when you buy it!"

...and of course ICR abandoning the thread seven days after launch.

Anthem 2 was one hell of a ride!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
The nerfs were the worst. I was really, really liking the game but when the nerfs dropped it killed it for me.