Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Pretty fun game once you unlock some abilities. I've seem some weird graphical bugs and one mission where the end had rapid fire subtitles.

Plot is alright. I'm invested enough to want more.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Feb 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I recall Gauss doing his teleport and the turret tracking him down and freezing him really quickly. In fact, I remember just mauling Gauss as the Technomancer.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Cinara posted:

It's still 20% off on GMG right now. Do note that if your internet sucks they don't always have keys available early enough to pre-load the game.

Thanks for the heads up. The demo really won me over so I'm looking forward to the full campaign. If it's really 30 hours then I'll get more than my money's worth.

Kudos to you as well ICR. Can't wait to quote this back to myself if the game ends up as a total disaster.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Mar 29, 2021

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Huh. Ran into my first real glitch. In the lumber camp side mission the door leading to the next part didn't open. I had to exit the area and reenter to fix it. It was nice I didn't lose any progress from doing that but I did spend a few minutes confused as to why I could not progress.

Volcano boss made me really appreciate how quick and easy it is to swap out mods and skills since my previous build had 1-2 skills not work on the boss. I got pretty close to beating it and once I rebuilt I crushed it. Good times.

I really liked the Alchemist's lab side mission. Very atmospheric.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

The developers seem sensitive to reddit anger and reddit is very angry so we shall see what happens.

I'm about to enter the Forest so most of these changes are irrelevant to me besides the Vulnerable status nerf. That's a shame. Hopefully the eagles peak chest run remains untouched. Just found out that average item level has a big effect on HP and anomaly power. That level 16 pistol was dragging me down a lot more than I realized.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Time posted:

Dumb question - why am I downloading on 35 gig patch on pc

That's weird. The patch is only 2.4 gigs for me.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Rad Valtar posted:

Has anyone here had any issues with the bug that wipes your gear? The internet tells me the patch made it way worse and now I’m terrified to log in.

Some other people in the thread have. It seems to be related to multi-player and the expedition camp in particular though single player is vulnerable too.

The most recent update on it is this information gathering topic.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Degs posted:

Trickster inventory gone, too.

Hahahahaha.

Uninstalled, I'll check back in a few months.

Seriously? They said they just added more changes about 5 hours ago. Man that suuuuuucks.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Started seeing some weird graphical glitches like NPCs not loading in or only partially loading in. It only seems to happen in one area though and a reload seems to fix it.

I got sick of shooting stuff to death and decided to run an anomaly Trickster. It's pretty cool that melee attacks trigger the Untamed Power mod.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

fast cars loose anus posted:

While I'm busy whining about things, the decision to just blow over the shards you spent on leveling an item's attributes if you level the item up is awful and I'm glad I figured it out early before wasting too many of the shards I had saved up, especially since you can't buy them and are purely at the mercy of loot drops as to which you get.

If you disassemble the item you get back the shards you spent.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Darke GBF posted:

booted it up today to see if my character was playable again

nope, still stuck in limbo, 2 second disconnect immediately upon starting a game. RIP in peace my trickster

That appears to be the next planned fix (along with inventory restores) assuming this patch works.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Beach Party posted:

Maybe a dumb question but how do you get more health in this game? I'm at world tier 12 or 13 and all my gear is level 39 which is the max I can equip and my health is sitting at 3k. I see people on youtube with level 50 equipment and none of it has health mods but they have around 18k. Does the game just give you +15k health when you reach level 50 gear or something? What am I missing?

There's health and anomaly power tied to average item level.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Holy moly is that Shaman Warlord fight long. It wasn't particularly difficult once I realized that it only had one attack that could really hurt me but it still took ages to finish it off.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Finally finished the campaign. My goofing around had me at WT15 and level 30 by the Gate so I had a good while to enjoy the build I wanted. The final boss took me a bunch of tries to finish and ultimately needed a skill swap (though nothing major enough to need a trip back to camp). I was forced to lower the world tier to speed through phase 1 so I could learn phase 2's patterns. Nice of them to not make it a continuous fight I guess.

Overall? I had a good time. Right when I felt like the story was dragging they had a good hook to pull me back in. I guess I'll give expeditions a shot.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Frustrated posted:

I'm surprised we haven't heard more from PCF about balance changes and the inventory restore recently. The game has been out nearly a month and outside of putting fires out in the first week they haven't really done anything. I think the game is relatively fine, just needs some bug fixes, but I feel bad for the 5 people who are still waiting for their characters to be restored before they play again.

You just have to know where to look the Outsiders reddit.

quote:

We wanted to share a brief update on where things stand at on Friday 23rd of April:

Inventory Wipe & Character Restoration
Our work & testing on the restoration process will continue throughout the weekend. We hope to provide a clear schedule as soon as possible.

Patching
A larger patch that we are aiming to release in the near future is currently undergoing testing.

We will share thorough patch notes upon its release but wanted to share some very top level highlights here:
Will fix a number of crashes throughout the game.
Will fix a number of issues, bugs and crashes associated with multiplayer.
Will resolve an issue that could cause players to get stuck on the “Sign In” screen.
Will include lots of resolutions for gear, mod, skill, quest, level & lighting bugs.

This patch will also address a number of community issues including (but not limited to):
Difficulty dealing with Snipers.
Difficulty dealing with excessive knockback from creatures in the Stargrave expedition.
The 300MB crash dumps left behind on PC.
Many more things.

Multiplayer
As you may notice, the above patch will address a number of issues, bugs and crashes associated with multiplayer.
While we hope that these resolutions will improve the multiplayer experience for many of you, we will still be keen to look into detailed reports concerning issues in multiplayer (As has been mentioned in this community earlier this week).

Intentions behind Balancing, Expeditions, Down-scaling and other key areas of discussion in community:

We're aware that these are topics that are currently attracting a lot of discussion throughout the community - they are of course also topics that we discuss internally. However, because they are fundamental aspects of the game, feedback and considerations for change must be considered over a longer period of time. This is to say that, while we haven't yet talked [PUBLICLY] about these topics, we do intend to do so in future.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Lumpy posted:

I really wish they would fix the Signed In! bug on console. Trying for 30 minutes to play is getting tiring.

Patch Notes posted:

Resolved an issue that could cause players to get stuck on the “Sign In” screen.

Possibly done?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Lumpy posted:

Can someone copy / paste the patch info from Reddit? They still just link to reddit from their sqex.link URLs right?

No patch happened this week. New ETA is early next week.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Oh, a proper expansion? The campaign was a lot of fun so I'm looking forward to this. Hope Squenix doesn't muck it up again.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Moloch gets killed off in an expedition (complete with an incredibly troll journal update)

Can't really judge much just off those trailers though. More effort was put into endgame though which was probably needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Yeah, the final boss has a lot of cheapness built in. I feel your frustration.