Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
I've been playing the Technomancer that I started in the demo, I'm up to level 21 now I think, world tier 8? Been having a lot of fun experimenting with skill combos and equipment mods. I really really really like how they've done the mods system in this game, I enjoy the gameplay mechanic of at least if I don't want one of the pieces of gear from a quest I can look at the mods and see if there are any I don't have unlocked yet that I want to just recycle the gear for.

You can get some pretty ridiculous mod + skill + class passive combos going too, with some of mine while my toxin bullet skill is running I am doing something like +50% damage/shot, adding toxin, toxin also adds vulnerability, it's also applied to every enemy within a few meters of my target, and when I get a kill I get 30% of the magazine instantly restored to the gun. With the right guns I never have to reload while that skill is up, and it stays up until I have to reload or switch guns. And since the Technomancer gets health by attacking, I can often just tank the damage from bosses by doing enough damage to them and the enemies around them.

I also have been using bolt action sniper rifles with the rank II mod that gives you 30% of the damage you deal with crits back as health, which with the above skill combos usually means I'm healing for 50-100% of my health with every headshot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Just got my first legendary (? is that what this tier is called?) and it's a pump shotgun, which I don't really use as a Technomancer. Pretty neat looking though, and those effects are very cool, so I'll end up recycling it probably.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
The only T3 perk I have unlocked came from a legendary. Also I've only seen one or two, and it was in one of the few times I did matchmaking because I was having trouble soloing a boss.

I wonder if they have higher drop rates in groups?

Too bad with where I am in the game I can't find groups anymore

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
I got this for finishing all of the bounty side quests

I added the Bone Shrapnel mod.

It is ridiculous.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
I chose the LMG, but holy poo poo what a choice:

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

^burtle posted:

So really a legendary just means a cool skin and pre made mod combos right? They don’t have specific gun only abilities ala exotics.
From what I can tell it's a cool skin and one specific mod and a (random?) second mod that you can change. If you scrap it you can put the specific mod on anything.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Jusupov posted:

Typhon was a really easy farm too
I tried farming him when I got to him (he is an easy farm) but there are definitely diminishing returns if you do it over and over again.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
This game is basically what Anthem wishes it had been.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Mailer posted:

What's your setup for this? At 21/WT8 I haven't been able to rig up anything that'll sustain facetanking against elites. I had to refill my ammo five times during the final Forest segment and spent the bulk of it hiding behind geometry because every stray bullet is 25% of my health bar and sniper shots are like 75%+.
I've had zero difficulty with snipers but I think it's because I'm playing a technomancer and just counter-snipe? Those red lasers are very handy for showing where they are.

Or used to before I armor stacked so high I don't need to use cover anymore.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Two legendaries with very cool skins. I recycled both because I'm not really a fan of the one-shot rifles and the other legendary SMG I have is better (it's a Tactical variant, which is better for my playstyle)

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

DarkDobe posted:

Could you share your build for this?
My friend is struggling as technomancer and this sounds like they'd love it.
The trick is to stop using level 1 mods on your armor for the most part, the level 2 mods are very very good and once you have enough of them find ones that synergize with your build. There are a number of +armor ones but the passive +armor and resistance mod and the +armor from hits from ADS are both key. The one where you get more armor when you dodge for 5s is also good.

It gets to the point where you can just wade around and as long as you're keeping the armor buffs up (very easy) the only things that can really threaten you are end-game minibosses like the Shamans.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

Is there any gameplay reason to do them later? (difficulty, loot, whatever else)
To max your world tier out and get the free legendaries from that I guess?

I've completed the story and done all but one side quest (maxed out all hunts, etc) and I'm still only about halfway through WT13. I'm able to solo and get silver on tier 10 expeditions now too, lol. I guess I should go reset the hunts and do them again to max my world tier out, should be pretty easy at this point with my gear...

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Memnaelar posted:

Gotta admit - playing a Technomancer with Blighted Rounds and the various mods that makes them effectively infinite makes it really hard to contemplate going back to the other 3 classes and leveling them with something potentially less broken. I will, because I'm strong that way, but it does feel like my initial choice of class and mods might be slightly in the "too good" tier of things.
Yeah, the only place in the game I even slightly struggle are against solo bosses without adds to keep my infinite blighted rounds up

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

I did grind to WT15 mostly because level 42 gear is pretty helpful in getting to CT8 or 9.
I actually found that it was pretty easy getting up to CT10 just from using gear from the expeditions that got me up to that level (and using all the Titanium to upgrade my other gear)

CT11 is the point I think where you really really need to have all of your gear at level 45-46. I can run CT10s just fine and get silver, but CT11s kick my rear end on the bosses. My guess is that each rank above 10 is going to be similar in that regard since the level jumps get bigger.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

uncle blog posted:

Does anyone actually know what the shield symbol next to an enemys name implies? Are those the only enemies with armor? Sounds weird.
It's increasing levels of armor (and resistance? I think), some will have a half (single shield?) and others will have a full (double shield? I don't remember these icons)

I think for many of these you can blow the armor off

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

AndrewP posted:

I think this game is making me really appreciate Gears of War.

Outriders feels pretty good to move and shoot, but I think it lacks the solid feeling that Gears has. Grabbing cover is always just a little iffy, like I'm never quite close enough or I can't predict exactly where I'm going to slam into the cover. Gears will really "vacuum" you into cover if you're anywhere close and it feels good and predictable.

Also the hipfire reticule is tiny and needs to be customizable so I can use my shotty like god intended.
Cover is (mostly) for the enemies, if you're using cover that much you are underpowered for the World Tier you're in. (exception: if you're sniping things it's easier to sit behind cover from long range)

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Tei posted:

6 is somewhat wrong:

The anomaly is a ancient disaster that happened on this planet, that the natives already solved. they build systems to control it, that need to be maned by natives. The first time they used one of such systems to control the anomaly, it raised suspicion from Monroe, that decided instead of them stoping it, it was them causing it. Kind of like people thinking hospitals causes dead people.

Since Monroe killed the natives, now the anomaly is left alone to destroy the planet, until the humans learn to use the monoliths to control it, or die. Or find other gadget, or move to other planet.

The natives did causes the Saveges, by volunterlly turning into them, but the Anomaly is something else, from space.

Right, I interpreted it more as
turning feral is something that the anomaly causes to happen to the Pax if they don't contain/resist the powers of the anomaly. They were just in very dire straits (and it took truly dire straits) before many of them resorted to giving in to it. It certainly looked from the mass murder like the vast majority didn't, so it could even be interpreted as the ones that did, did it sacrificing themselves in hope of saving the others, like August did

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

g0del posted:

My favorite thing is that right after Jakub explains that nothing electrical works so there's no 'tunes', the camera switches to an outside view of the truck turning on it's headlights. Which I guess don't use electricity in the future.
From what I understand from the lore in the game it's no complex electronics work because the anomaly causes constant EMP effects. Which is why simple electronics like batteries and lights and radios and combustion engines can work (though they can be damaged by EMP as well). But anything delicate with a microprocessor or small circuits would get burned out from the EMP.

Which is also why there are still very rare but working computer systems in protected, underground locations in the game.

No "tunes" is because nothing can read the digital storage that all their tunes are on. The historian lady mentions this when you bring her a data disc of some sort, how they thought they were archiving things for ever but now those discs are just useless (since there aren't any working electronics to read them)

Kenshin fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Apr 7, 2021

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Kaddish posted:

So now I'm a little confused. I just unlocked wt12, I have some hunts and sidequests left to do. Should I just finish the hunts or is it worth it to keep a farm spot?
Finish them, get your legendary. You can go back to the guys you turn the hunts/bounties into and have them reset the quest chains so you can redo them later.

You absolutely do not need farm spots once you have expeditions unlocked.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Deakul posted:

Also man, I'm level 16 and I haven't had one legendary drop and only like one or two purples what gives?!
Your character level doesn't really matter for this, it's World Tier. And that sounds about right, you'll start getting more and more purples soon.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Something I'm confused about is why all your characters have a shared stash but they don't have shared resources/currency.

It's mostly just annoying because I can run like 2 expeditions on my 30/WT11 and put all the blues and purples in my stash for my low level characters to recycle/sell and they'll never have to worry about resources.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Rad Valtar posted:

Should I just let my world tier continue to increase as I go through the story or is there a point where I should just set it to a certain level and worry about world tier at end game?
Let it keep increasing, turn it down a notch or two temporarily if you have trouble anywhere.

World tier does not affect expedition tier at endgame. The only real reason to push to WT14/15 is for the free legendaries.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

RisqueBarber posted:

11 million damage seems bad. You're doing more with your weapon mod alone.
My rank III lightning proc is the #2 damage source in my Blight Rounds build, behind Blight Rounds.

Weapon mods can be pretty ridiculous.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Memnaelar posted:

Not sure if I believe there's actually a role for Sniper Rifles in this game. Maybe once in a blue moon, but assault rifles have plenty of reach and have the benefit of not leaving you completely blind to the melee creeps rushing you while you try to scope the perfect head shot. I get WAY better production out of Toxic on a submachine gun than on a scoped sniper rifle, auto or single-action. The non-scoped hunting rifles are pretty good, but they're still no match for a tactical submachine gun just vomiting Toxic on anything that comes near you (and having fast reload to boot).

I dunno. In a different game, I'd see snipers being more fun, but the arenas are generally so small that I only pull mine out as a novelty now. There's really not a need for long-range sniping.
I feel the same, and I was rocking a sniper rifle through most of the game for 1-shot kills on pretty much anything non-elite. But later in the game or at higher world tiers there are just so many enemies it isn't practical to use anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

Also, those legendaries from the repeatable quests were only level 42 so outside of the mods it's not like you were getting usable loving items if you are anything higher than CT10.
Pretty sure the mods were the most important part anyway