Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

GMG redeems on Steam, I imagine Humble does as well. It should tell you on the store page on Humble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I wonder if the stutter issue is related to all RTX cards. So far I'm seeing a lot of people in the Steam thread saying they got 3000 series cards, but I've only got a 2070 and it still stutters like crazy.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

For anyone else having stuttering issues on PC with Nvidia cards, for me rolling back to old drivers got rid of them almost entirely except for a little stutter upon initial load.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Yeah not getting any checkpoints during long multiphase bossfights kind of sucks. I gave the lava boss a few good tries before just saying "gently caress it WT1 time" and what I've seen of the other bosses does not inspire confidence about them being fun to fight.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Ciaphas posted:

Am I somehow just not stumbling into crafting, mods or anything else and getting hosed for it, or what? I'm doing a quest called Terra Firma on WT2 and jesus christ there's like a dozen snipers, fifty riflemen and a Captain all right there, shooting from miles away while my guns hit within yards at best, oh and the snipers knock you back if you dare peek or try to change cover, so don't try to run from that fire tornado!!

like, I literally can't be playing the same game as you all here, 'cause this is poo poo

You're still really early in the game; you'll get crafting soon after the next story mission or two.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I'm not even done the story but it's been slow going because I also wanna be a shotgun Devastator and it's painful. Laughably, this burst fire AR I just picked up is just way better than any shotgun I've ever gotten.

I was going to eventually do a Trickster next but this latest patch killed that idea.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Mailer posted:

The question is are they ok with people using powers and effectively ignoring guns (Warframe) or if everything must involve guns (Borderlands) in which case bullet builds forever. I don't think they've thought much past the "nerf the thing we saw on youtube" stage, though. If they're like Massive they'll never get past it.

You say this like a turret build isn't the most effective setup in Division 2 outside of raid content.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Y'all know how ilevel affects base stats, and keeping your ilevel matching your maximum wearable level during levelling is the best practice? Well there seems to be something happening at the opposite end of the spectrum, where there's a stat squish when you try to use ilevel 50 gear in World Tier 15 (ilevel 42).

Reddit thread with a full breakdown but the game seems to be reducing anomaly and weapon damage by as much as half of its intended amount.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Apr 13, 2021

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

fast cars loose anus posted:

Yeah I went back to reset the hunt and bounty quests just to see since I've been knee-deep in expeditions lately.

For reference I have 6 of 8 pieces at 49, with the other two being 48. I'm doing this on WT15 which is level 42 enemies. It takes me multiple twisted rounds boosted autoshotgun shots to take down even the regular mobs, much less elites. They still drop level 42 loot which means even on the offchance I got something worth using I'd have to spent tons of mats to make it useful to me. This is loving dumb. I should be oneshotting every single open world mob at item level 49.

Unequip 1 armor slot and it should drop your ilevel enough. It's a bizarrely stupid system.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

RatHat posted:

Apparently the Emergency Stance mod(Gives Golem for 4 seconds when you hit 30% health) is bugged and gives you effect until you log out once it activates for the first time. Just took the mod off my Pyro so I hope it doesn't kill my build now.

Even better, it's bugged effect happens on every class except Devastator. So not only do other classes just get better ways to do damage they also get a better version of one of Devastator's key skills.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

They have got to stop patching this poo poo on a Friday and leaving it on fire over the weekend.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Mebh posted:

Wow so the patch sure is something.

It's... Doable? But it's loving insanely tense dealing with CT15 now. You have to assume everything can one shot you and kite kite kite.

It's stressful as hell and... not fun. It's like I'm playing a mode with no armour way above my level. Like I've not gotten any gear this last month.

I could see the appeal of this as a separate mode for good rewards. But for the same rng poo poo from expeditions? Nah.

Oh and it'd be a lot more fun with a static group but guess what, my friends have all quit before this. So wellp!

I was able to fix my bugged armour by unequipping all of my main pieces, just putting on a bunch of trash, and then swapping back for my real armour. Seems to be working for the time being, at least for me.

This game has a serious problem registering item stats correctly, as well as temporary buff states and skills, so I'm not surprised that somehow trying to fix one armour mod had a cascading effect of breaking all armour, but only for some people.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Mebh posted:

Actually one of the best weapons in the game is one of the level 10 pre order rifles... Sooo

Funnily enough, the same set of cursed Friday patches that broke like a dozen things also fixed it so this is no longer the case. The pre-order level 10 rifle still has a good set of attribute rolls, but you can no longer change its variant to reroll the firepower stat.

If anyone actually bothered to do this pre-patch then they still have their godroll tactical AR, if the game doesn't just straight up delete it when it fails to load the preorder DLC properly.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I do like how PCF first hedged their bets with "we can't guarantee we restore the old items with their previous rolls" and then just give everybody who lost anything godrolled poo poo.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Orange Carlisle posted:

I'd rather just grind the hunt/wanted/artifact questlines on a loop for three guaranteed legendary items at the end, honestly. At least then there is a sense of progress when your team just isn't good enough to get to CT 10 or higher but all they care about is the orange drops.

This is good but keep in mind that certain items are excluded from the pools, and are expedition only.

DarkDobe posted:

I don't think I've seen any trickster-specific sets that make me think 'this seems viable' when the mainstat is never 'on brand' - the exception being a few of the 'generic' legendaries like the beret and the cowboy hat having firepower focus and firepower oriented mods.

Chronosuit and Ugake sets look fine to me, you can at least make full 3 piece versions with all firepower. Statue for Devastator is supposed to be a DPS set but has 3 of its 5 pieces locked at max health.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Yeah. Also make liberal use of the trick in the top voted comment. For those not in know, for every time you finish the entire Hunt quest chain, on the 10th turn-in a random legendary piece will be dumped in your inventory.

You can see what you get beforehand by going to vendor option, and then checking under the sell tab. The game doesn't auto save until you fully exit the conversation, so if you don't like what you get, you can just pull your ethernet plug or force quit the game, and you can turn in Hunt #10 and try again. Just be prepared for 70% of your drops to be the Cannonball set :suicide:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

As far as I can tell the anti-cheat doesn't even do anything. It doesn't take a lot of digging to find numerous reddit threads about people using cheatengine to tweak drop rates, or give themselves enough damage to 1 shot every enemy, etc.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

That Kotaku article doesn't even link one of the better examples of tonedeafness from PCF. It's another post-patch video of someone seemingly being one-shotted but the dev response is that it's not a one shot, because if you do a frame by frame analysis it shows it's actually 2 hits in extremely rapid succession. :v:

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 10:05 on May 27, 2021

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

e: ^^ would anyone even buy it after what a disaster Outriders 1 became?

Mailer posted:

Devs are done with it so it kind of is what it is.

Yeah it's looking pretty grim. "The loot sucks and here's a 1000 word spiel why" is a pretty common topic of discussion on their subreddit but the community manager's posts addressing it are basically playing dumb about the issue. Seems like they're just going to kick the can down the line until there's nobody left playing.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Ironically the best time to play this game was launch week, if you could log in and play without getting all your stuff deleted.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Father Wendigo posted:

'Struth.

I thought by now we would have had a Jason Schieer article by now about how the dev team had a plan to use the game servers to mine cryptocurrency and tried to scare off the playerbase like a Scooby-Doo villain.

100% convinced the only reason that Outriders' failure isn't as big of a media shitstorm is because Square and PCF aren't as high profile as CDPR or Bioware/EA.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Reception to the anomaly buffs seems positive. The health changes theoretically mean you can double your endgame health with all max health pieces but given the nature of endgame that seems like a non-starter. Not convinced yet that the health change matters when damage mitigation itself still isn't really fixed and enemy attacks appear to be percentages of player health to begin with.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

moist turtleneck posted:

lol the update made the game worse, again

This is just the normal Outriders matchmaking experience though. :confused:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

They actually hosed up the rollout of their legendary giveaway, so they did it twice.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

dogstile posted:

Yeah, the timer really bothered me because it removes all reason to run anything tanky. You just pick max DPS and chop down everything that comes at you. I can't believe nobody mentioned/cared about that

The community manager mentioned it as "something to look into" but given this news and the glacial pace of patching after the week 1 nerfs I wouldn't expect anything to change. How it made it through the entire dev process is baffling.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Tenzarin posted:

No one has even brought up that people figured out how to roll the preorder guns into the highest dps weapons in the game and pcf never even attempted to fix it.

That was actually fixed by removing the random stat distribution when changing gun variants on all weapons. If you cheesed one before it still exists IIRC but you can't do it anymore if you try now; the damage stat is static.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The endgame is trash and you can just set the world tier to the lowest possible setting and enjoy the story.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

^^ I'm not sure which power they are referring to. If it's bullet reflection, that was patched a while ago to reflect non-bullet projectile attacks. That said, do not play Devastator because it is actually the weakest class in the game and not very fun unless you like being railroaded into a very specific setup.

Mailer posted:

It's hard to give them credit for eventually fixing things when it's done opposite a paid DLC announcement.

Leaving that (well-earned) cynicism aside, though, is the game even any different for all the changes? Removing the timer is cool and all but if all that does is let you use a different build to slooooooowly kill things then it doesn't make the game any more fun. Making some legendary sets a little better and buffing skills is cool but does that do anything more than make other classes/builds slightly better but still way worse than a tech with a Poison Bullets LOL build? Are the skill changes, minus the legendary set changes, enough to have fun farming those legendary sets?

If anyone still played the game I could probably find a video with that info. :v:

Last time I checked, people figured out ways to make power heavy builds work for Trickster and Pyro, but the problem with all of these is that they really require specific legendary pieces that only drop at the highest tier of expeditions. I never really understood that: people are going to struggle to clear content when you lock the items required behind clearing said content.

To get around the issue of Technomancer anomaly rounds dominating, they'd need to do a full redesign of the game. I'm not aware of how much the designers knew what they were doing (expedition timers says they didn't know poo poo) but the reason why anomaly rounds are so good is because they count as a power, and powers bypass all sorts of damage mitigation that enemies get. Off the top of my head, enemies get something like 80% damage reduction from player attacks at CT15, and while you can take armor piercing nodes in most characters' top trees to reduce that slightly, equipping anomaly rounds reduces that to 5%.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Tenzarin posted:

Technomacers also had infinite ammo and even that they did less burst than pyromancer(on like a 20s cd rotation), their average dps was just insane that nothing even came close to it for bosses solo.

Yeah it's pretty wild that they knee-jerk nerfed Tricksters the first week because Twisted Rounds shotgun builds were so impressive and meanwhile basically left Technomancer and burst ARs completely untouched.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Diephoon posted:

Will that get me kicked/trolled by metaslaves in public groups? Is aggro management even a thing in this game?

To be honest, even with the removal of the timers it doesn't really fix the problem of Devastator sucking outside of a very specific setup of "punch the ground and hurt people with rock powers". Instead of not being able to clear the content at all because you don't kill things fast enough, now you just clear it very slowly.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Those videos only support my claim of "Devastator is only good for rock punching".

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

So overpowered that they decided to nerf it the first weekend after launch.

That was before people figured out that Technomancer with a rifle was actually even more broken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Still honestly one of the more baffling decisions that it needs to call home to a server and has everything stored online. It's not a service game but it feels like it was built as one from the ground up until they decided too late it wasn't.