Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
The only fairly serious issue I've had so far is hitching every so often. I lose 40-50fps seemingly at random.

That, and it seems like it's really easy to increase world tiers and thus be severely under-geared all of a sudden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Yeah, I finally got kicked.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I’m getting strong Remnant From the Ashes vibes with this game, which is overall a good thing.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

cerebral posted:

On one hand, I can't play because the issues I'm having on the PC are pretty severe, i.e. stuttering when using the right stick on a controller, and constant autosaving and disconnects, but on the other hand, they seem to be aware of it all, so I'll probably just check back in with the game after a patch has been dropped.

PC and controller, a shameful goon.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

black.lion posted:

So is this game good? Was hoping for Mass Effect feels but played the demo and it felt more like Gears of War

e: lmao i see we're in the tech support period of game launch day thread itinerary

What, no, this is not like Mass Effect. It is more like Gears for sure. That was evident immediately when looking at literally any media regarding the game.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Deakul posted:

It's literally Gears of War if it were a looter shooter and had a smaller budget.

It's not even as open world as Destiny or Division.(that I can see so far anyways? Maybe it stops feeling so railroaded in the next area(just left with jakob when the game disconnected me for the nth time))

I mean, it's fun enough when I'm not getting disconnected but it feels extraordinarily unpolished all over the place which just makes their confident approach to marketing all the more confusing.

Yeah, so far it is not open world much at all - again I'll draw a comparison to Remnant in that sense. Remnant is more open than this game, so far.

black.lion posted:

Well its been awhile since I played Gears but... it has magic powers in it?

It's Gears like in the gameplay and level design. Yes, this game has magic powers.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

cerebral posted:

I've played enough games with the mouse/kb that I can no longer grip the mouse without it causing me pain. I am not just a shameful goon, I am a shameful human being.

I assume I will also begin to break down into dust, and sooner rather than later.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Interesting that they are now saying it's a SquareEnix issue.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

tbf I doubt the developers of the game handle the technical server issues

The other tweets intimated they ran their own server farm but I guess it really isn't clear who "we" are.

I said come in! posted:

From the looks of it, I would not be surprised if Outriders is down for the entire weekend. Every hour that goes by with the servers down, we get closer and closer to not being able to play until Monday.

I would be extremely surprised if it was down all weekend, c'mon man.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

The Walrus posted:

is this loving thing down again

Yes, it went down like 2 minutes before I decided I want to start playing, of course.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

explosivo posted:

It just feels like some of the classes are way more viable solo than others to me. Opinions of the game are varying wildly depending on which class everyone takes. PC Gamer guy didn't really mention crafting, beyond mentioning that it's really expensive to level up the rarity/level of a weapon (which it definitely is), but changing mods is pretty cheap if you've been dismantling stuff regularly. Even as Devastator I was having trouble staying alive until I really dove into the crafting and swapped mods out on all of my gear to give me armor or health on hit and now I feel way less squishy on WT7. The article also never mentioned world tiers once, I think it's important to remember that by default it's set to increase the world difficulty as you level it up and it absolutely gets significantly harder around 6 or 7. Manually set the WT down to a level that is challenging but not dick-rippingly so and bump it up once you feel like you're steamrolling everything. Not saying anyone's playing the game wrong but it's like starting Diablo 3 on Torment difficulty and then writing an article about how hard the game is.

It does feel bad to lower the world tier though, at least for me. By automatically increasing the tier level, the game implies you should be able handle it.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Jusupov posted:

Typhon was a really easy farm too

I already killed Tyrannous not realizing they could be farmed. I'll have to remember the Typhon one.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Tenzarin posted:

I hope they buff anomaly damage because on high expeditions esp with more people in the game. It falls off hard.

Speaking of which are they gonna do any kind of patches for balance changes or anything? I leveled up a technomancer today and it is insane how much better they are at doing dmg with infinite ammo and infinite life regen from doing all the dmg to kill everything super fast. Played the entire game at wt 1 finished at lvl 26 and was clearing expeditions no problem after that and got up to t13, only stopped to play some coop with a friend.

That's a bummer because I'm enjoying melee/bleed anomaly based Devestator while leveling through the story.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I think I'm getting close to the end of the game, just hit level 28 and WT10. Anamoly bleed/melee build continues to gib things regularly.

I've been using the Splitooth monster hunt in the forest to farm for new gear after a tier increase.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Bardeh posted:

PCGamer just released their review, and gave the game a 63. Fair enough, opinions are subjective and all, and there are complaints in there that I agree with, but look at some of this stuff:

Dude spent the entire game in World Tiers 3-5 which is ridiculously easy babby mode, and then complained that he didn't need to switch skills or engage with the modding system, which is a huge part of what makes this game cool.

Yeah, the names of the tiers mean nothing other than to signify increasing levels of enemy damage and loot, etc, which is already indicated by the numeric world level. Calling it normal, hard, etc is confusing.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Skyl3lazer posted:

They scale to your current world tier when you turn them in. Note that this is only your tier, if you join a game it'll use what you were set at.

The bounties/hunts really scale to when you turn them in and not the tier when you killed them?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

dogstile posted:

Yeah, I gave the punch build a go and swapped over to an earthquake build because weirdly enough that skill hits flying enemies.

One i get the legendary mod to punch the ground 2 more times i'll be doubling my damage. It's a fun build and i'm basically invincible (thanks heal on bleed) but waiting around to find that mod sucks.

I mean, you can certainly do both earthquake and melee build, they both scale off anomaly power, and the seismic cooldowns are easy to pick up on the skill path. It's what I'm doing but just got to 30 and haven't beaten the game. I haven't even found the melee cooldown mod yet and it works pretty well.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Frustrated posted:

Man the last boss was some poorly coded bullshit. Not being able to hit the orbs with abilities basically fucks all anomaly power builds forcing you to lower the difficulty. Who thought that was a good idea?

It was easy at tier 11 for me. Just beat it. Melee scales on anomaly, I killed the orbs in one punch.

Edit - I'm also using brawl and the skill perk for melee damage.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Apr 7, 2021

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
So now I'm a little confused. I just unlocked wt12, I have some hunts and sidequests left to do. Should I just finish the hunts or is it worth it to keep a farm spot?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

fadam posted:

I haven’t turned my WL down at all and I’m only at 9 and I’m level 27 and nearing the end of the game (doing all side quests as they popped up). Not sure what happened.

I farmed gear for a while, which will increase your world tier. I'm guessing others do the same.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Kenshin posted:

Finish them, get your legendary. You can go back to the guys you turn the hunts/bounties into and have them reset the quest chains so you can redo them later.

You absolutely do not need farm spots once you have expeditions unlocked.

Perfect, thanks.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Mailer posted:

It's so weird seeing techs listed as the broken OP class. Like, it's cool, and my wife is pretty happy about her choice to push through with it, but it's weird. I also love the devastator punchyfist build. It's a shame 3/4 classes just go straight to the gun tree but you either have that or the Warframe thing where guns are just an accessory.

List of games in which nerfing didn't just move the goalposts and instead defeated the natural human tendency to pick the better option:

Punchy devastator is a-ok and loads of fun for me. Maybe it drops off at higher tiers, I dunno. I just did the babbies first expedition and it brought me up to tier 5. It's a maximum aggression playstyle for sure.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Apr 7, 2021

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Clarste posted:

That's possible, I haven't really thought about it. What would you replace them with though? CD reduction?

The nice thing about bleed is the constant health regen from multiple sources. With vampire etc mods you're basically immortal unless some serious damage comes down. Just keep shooting and punching, for eternity.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Apr 7, 2021

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Dang, I didn’t get a chance to redo the hunts/bounties.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I just did Boom Town at ct7 and the timing seems really tight already for gold. I got gold but it was down to like 1 second. The issue wasn’t killing fast enough, it was running around to murk one or two rear end in a top hat stragglers. For my efforts I got a bunch of blues and a few purples that will all be scrapped.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

CT is not WT

it's cool the people who literally don't know anything about the game are the ones defending this

It's possible to beat the game and start expeditions before hitting 30, no? You'd probably just need to mainline the main quest only though.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
What determines which Expeditions are available?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Tenzarin posted:

I think its based on how much you make your truck look like hell on wheels to prove how out you ride.

My truck is hell as poo poo bro.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

poemdexter posted:

I have a lvl 30 technomancer and I assume everyone is doing the lvl 22 toxic turret and then doing minigun while throwing the turret around? Everyone talks about some godlike technomancer build but maybe I'm missing something? I have the mods that give you ammo on toxic kills as well as the increased damage after minigun kills already but it doesn't seem that broken.

I don't think the popular blighted rounds build even uses the minigun. With the toxic turret, my understanding is that it's better for freezing after you mod it compared with the cryo turret due to tracking.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I definitely do not like only having one endgame activity tied to timed runs. It absolutely promotes DPS only builds and there is no way around it.

Unless they somehow add mechanics that require support to finish at higher levels.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

jabro posted:

You can still do this. One way is to reset them all and then do all but one each at wt1. Then set the wt to the highest you can and complete the tenth quest for each of them. Turn them all in and the rewards for all quests will be for that wt.

My understanding is you get the legendary only once, regardless of questline reset. Is that not the case?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I see, I thought the uproar was that to fix the exploit, they changed it to only release the legendary once. Good to know we can redo them.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Merrill Grinch posted:

In one of the first sidequests you see a blue&grey tripod creature and they make a big deal about needing to be quiet before it murks you. I don't recall ever seeing, hearing or fighting one of those again through the whole game. Did I miss a sidequest or expedition with one or did they just totally forget they set up that chekhov's gun about the scary monster?

Yeah you missed at least one side quest.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I thought I did all the sidequests and they never show up again, no. From what I hear they're not in expeditions either

There is one side quest I can remember that deals with them a little, called old powers in the ruins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Tried to run an expedition this morning and both times my pc did an abrupt hard reboot. If the game wasn't so janky I'd suspect a power issue or something but I think I'm going to table this for a while.