Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

this game isn't real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mailer posted:

I love The Division 2 because it shows how a company can do wrong, then learn from it and do right, then develop a weird learning disability and veer so far back into wrong while loudly screaming about how good it is that it's made me swear off Ubisoft forever. Anthem was inherently trash, but Massive had to put in the work to be terrible.

the best part of that announcement is that it only came out after the quarterly conference call where ubisoft said that yes we're totally not dropping division 2 even though everything in game pointed to this being the very last content for the game.

i 100% believe Massive didn't know the game was supposed to be supported further until that call and are now scrambling to figure out what to do

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

like let's look at the last 2 content drops for the division:
- Iron Horse raid: delayed by like 9 months until it finally came out and was promptly forgotten
- Kenley nightmare: announced in october, ultimately scrapped entirely and turned into a RE apparel event (that just reskinned existing cosmetics).

Division 2 has been on maintenance/support for over a year now. it was loving DEAD after this manhunt.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Tensokuu posted:

I'm pretty sure of all the games you've managed to get me to buy, I've never actually seen you in game. I'm starting to feel like you're the monorail salesman from The Simpsons.

ICR doesn't exist he's a rampant AI posting threads about games as a service titles

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

ICR is making the Diablo Immortal thread.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Folks were going to be outriding in minutes!!!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

the DEMO is DOWNLOADING for me RIGHT NOW

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

ZeeBoi posted:

ICR is suspiciously silent :newlol:

He’s playing the game!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It’s cool to release a proper honest to god demo instead of doing the tried and true “pre-order beta access” but the first act of this game is a terrible indicator of the actual game.

And if it IS an indicator of the rest of the game... welp.

A better approach would have been a curated couple of missions with either preset high level characters or somewhere in the middle where you can get a chance to mess with mods/crafting or whatever the intended grind loop is meant to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/zhugeex/status/1381275922196750339?s=21

https://twitter.com/finallevel/status/1380916022081896448?s=21