Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I tried out the demo and I definitely dig the playstyle. Couldn't figure out how to get my Logitech software to detect the game though, which was weird. Anyone managed to get a gaming mouse software to play ball? I'm pretty sure I have the right executable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Alright, you win, ICR. I liked the demo and pulled the trigger on the game. Ran really nicely on my PC and the hybrid between Warframe's aggressive playstyle and Mass Effect's weapon feel really works for me. Preloading now on Steam.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I still can't get Logitech gaming software to detect the game. Any ideas what exe these mouse apps want?

Edit: That's dumb, it's not the exe in the main folder, it's steamapps\common\OUTRIDERS\Madness\Binaries\Win64\OUTRIDERS-Win64-Shipping.exe. Hopefully that helps anyone with a mouse with side buttons.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Apr 2, 2021

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Finally got to play a bit more, made a few settings tweaks and it seems to be running better. I'd expect more FPS for how little it's stressing my 4790K/2060S setup.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
How does multiplayer work with randos, anyway?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm only level 11 and I've been using a rifle with life leech and it's been quite handy on my Devastator.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I found gravity leap to be a little finicky if enemies have cover. Haven't managed to leap into a doorway.

Impale, though? :getin:

I'm still going down the bottom tree to go hard on Seismic skills, they seem like fun so far.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm still early, but I've been using an assault rifle and a pump shotgun. I switched over to the tactical AR, not sure how I feel about it.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Ciaphas posted:

Am I somehow just not stumbling into crafting, mods or anything else and getting hosed for it, or what? I'm doing a quest called Terra Firma on WT2 and jesus christ there's like a dozen snipers, fifty riflemen and a Captain all right there, shooting from miles away while my guns hit within yards at best, oh and the snipers knock you back if you dare peek or try to change cover, so don't try to run from that fire tornado!!

like, I literally can't be playing the same game as you all here, 'cause this is poo poo

That fire tornado guy was a dick.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

AndrewP posted:

I wish the controls didn't have this weird acceleration on the right stick. I really want to play this like Gears of War with a gnasher but it's not quiiite right when I'm swinging the camera around to hipfire my shotgun.

e: evidently these settings are getting patched in soon. cool.

You can turn off mouse smoothing with an Input.ini update. Definitely helped me put my Warframe twitchiness to use.

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Outriders#Mouse_smoothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Cool, let's make it harder to get loot in a game that a lot of folks play single player.