Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leraika

slime time

I am Myrtle Anuran, practicing witch, clearly. Can't you see the hat? My distinctly sorcerous nature? What do you mean, you can't be a witch if someone can pick you up and throw you without much effort? I'll turn you into a mushroom for that!

You want to hear more? Well, I'm a minstrel, a walking encyclopedia of all the important things to know, and most things that aren't. The only thing I don't know is how to stop being a frog and start being a proper human-y witch, like the lady who I used to work with.. until we had that little argument, you know how it goes, and I decided I'd be better off working on my own. I hear that the seasonal dragons of all sorts know more about change and one thing becoming another than most creatures, so hopefully I'll be able to find one and ask it all the important questions. Shouldn't be too hard, right?

But I need to have a group to travel with so I don't get eaten by a passing hawk or picked up by some random schoolboy who's all 'oooooh a talking frog, gonna show all off to all me best mates' or however it goes, so here are my qualifications: I'm really good at remembering all the important things about magic and nature, pretty good at magic - I learned a lot while I was working as that lady's familiar - er, I mean working as that lady's consultant. I'm also pretty good at looking innocent and adorable. People just go nuts for a frog in a witch hat sometimes.

But of course, I'm just a frog, even if I'm an exceptionally clever and talented once, and I'm embarrassed that I'm tiny and not a proper human witch. But I'll do something about that! Just you wait.

addendum: how common are masterless familiars?: It doesn't happen often that a familiar and its master choose to part ways, as most familiars are perfectly content to assist and serve the person that bestowed intelligence and magic upon them. It's not impossible, though! Most choose to go back to the life they led before they were chosen as familiars. Ever had to deal with a cat that was a little too good at getting on your nerves and figuring out just the right time to push over your favorite vase? There's a chance that you might not be imagining that, and they're actually a highly-intelligent former familiar! Some, like Myrtle, choose to travel instead, something that's a bit of a rarity but not completely unknown.

Leraika fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Feb 14, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika

slime time

Tuesday afterwards, because of the blizzarding set to take place this week iirc

Leraika

slime time

LAST TIME, ON ORBIA:

Following the defeat of the dreaded Paperwork Golem by our heroes, they discovered among the scattered forms a small frog wearing a slightly too large hat. This was "famous" frog witch Myrtle Anuran, who had decided that a creature made entirely out of paper would have all sorts of neat things to learn about. Too bad for her paperwork is boring and also sucks! She latches onto the group because she assumes they're cool heroes and she wants to be a cool hero/omnipotent witch/general asskicker as well, and they're either too nice or too stoned to dissuade her. The other thing retrieved from the paperwork golem is a bell, which the megacircus's cook, Cook, recognizes as belonging to the megacircus's fortuneteller-in-residence. Sounds like a new quest for our heroes! After being treated to the fair food of their choice (corndogs for most, french flies for Myrtle) and given special cookies (special property: super tasty) by Cook, they set off again. After a brief interlude involving getting a lazy troll to move out of our way by means of bribing him with weed and an ongoing interlude in which Llany assists with pyrotechnics, messes it up, and is charged with getting more cotton candy to replace the spent firework components, they visit the fortuneteller, return the bell, are rewarded with a sweet-rear end sentient flying pillow for Myrtle to travel around on in style, a brick of Super Weed™️, and enlightenment as to the true nature of cotton candy (people who stop having fun at the megacircus get turned into it), they're off to the cotton candy factory to hopefully find the good poo poo without becoming the good poo poo.

Leraika

slime time

myrtle the frog witch was infected by snail parasites that have patched her into the shellular phone system (and she's discovering that most conversations people have are BORING) and had to steer the PARTY ZORB with a tiny frog-sized joystick that didn't work too well.

She started screaming the second she nearly crashed the PARTY ZORB into a ramp and didn't really stop for the rest of the session.