Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I've been trying to make really good pancakes for awhile now and this recipe is the closest I've come so far:

Dry ingredients:
1 cup flour
2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Wet ingredients:
1 egg
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup buttermilk

Like all pancakes, you just mix the wet ingredients and the dry ingredients together separately and then combine the two mixtures and scoop it into a pan. However, there are a few tricks, that are necessary in order to make them really good:

Instead of scooping the flour directly from the bag with your measuring cup, you need to use a spoon to scoop the flour into your measuring cup and level it off. This is important to get the right amount.

When mixing the wet ingredients, you need to whisk the egg and the oil together before adding the vanilla and buttermilk.

After adding the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients you stir with a spatula until it is just barely mixed (it will still have lumps, but otherwise all the batter has the same consistency and you won't be able to see any dry flour).

Wait 10 minutes before scooping it into the pan. Use this time to heat up the pan. Add some oil or butter to the pan and set the element to medium-low heat (around 3-5 if your element goes to 10).

If you use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop the batter into the pan it will make 6 pancakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

McGavin posted:

I've been trying to make really good pancakes for awhile now and this recipe is the closest I've come so far:

Dry ingredients:
1 cup flour
2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Wet ingredients:
1 egg
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup buttermilk

Like all pancakes, you just mix the wet ingredients and the dry ingredients together separately and then combine the two mixtures and scoop it into a pan. However, there are a few tricks, that are necessary in order to make them really good:

Instead of scooping the flour directly from the bag with your measuring cup, you need to use a spoon to scoop the flour into your measuring cup and level it off. This is important to get the right amount.

When mixing the wet ingredients, you need to whisk the egg and the oil together before adding the vanilla and buttermilk.

After adding the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients you stir with a spatula until it is just barely mixed (it will still have lumps, but otherwise all the batter has the same consistency and you won't be able to see any dry flour).

Wait 10 minutes before scooping it into the pan. Use this time to heat up the pan. Add some oil or butter to the pan and set the element to medium-low heat (around 3-5 if your element goes to 10).

If you use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop the batter into the pan it will make 6 pancakes.

This isn't a true online recipe unless you give a four paragraph story upfront about moving to a farm with your two dogs to find your inner peace.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Two pieces of microwaved pizza hut pizza

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Dear Watson posted:

Two pieces of microwaved pizza hut pizza

how long you microwave those bad boys for

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

McGavin posted:

Get a kitchen scale and never look back my dude. I'll never understand why we use cups for dry measuring

Edit: though the spoon and level thing works, and it's a step in the right direction

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Aardvark! posted:

how long you microwave those bad boys for

Too long. Would have been better straight from the fridge

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Dear Watson posted:

the correct answer was 47 seconds (adjust for thicc of course)

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Oh well maybe I didn’t do them For long enough. I am a pizza failure

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Coffee and fried sausage and mozzarella on a toasted croissant. Not my go to but I now have the energy I need to get some heartburn and spend all day on the couch hating myself for not accomplishing anything.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Feb 21, 2021

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Brunch crew :coolfish:

Shrimp n grits

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Full Metal Jackass posted:

This isn't a true online recipe unless you give a four paragraph story upfront about moving to a farm with your two dogs to find your inner peace.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
cup of coffee this morning

thats it.

going to go get a giant sandwich soon though

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Dear Watson posted:

cold leftover pizza is legit one of my favourite breakfasts. it's also the place where pineapple truly has a chance to shine.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
rear end

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Bacon, egg, potato pancakes and devilled kidneys.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Or you could just live like a normal person

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I love potato pancakes.

I'm screwing around with my daily calorie allowance again and it doesn't look fun. But breakfast will still be vanilla greek yogurt and muesli today.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Slice of toast, toasted hard only on one side
Slice of fried balogna
Two eggs cooked "snotty"
Three slices of red onion, minced
Lemon pepper

Piled high

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I made the saddest huevos rancheros today. Fried egg on a rice tortilla with avocado, tomatoe and salsa with a dab of yogurt.

The rice tortilla and wheat tortilla packaging look very similar and I'm writing a letter to the manufacturer.

matti
Mar 31, 2019

i usually have oatmeal with soy yogurt and 7.5 grams 50/50 sunflower and pumpkin seeds. rye bread with lettuce, tomato, bell pepper, and cucumber. an orange of a kind or another. cup of coffee. cigarettes

matti fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Mar 13, 2021

matti
Mar 31, 2019

though weekend mornings i often just roll over, crack open a beer and enjoy just the 2 latter and don't think about eating until maybe 7 pm.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
medium roast local coffee via french press then a homemade smoothie this morning with fruit mix and SPINACH :blastu:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I had my standard vanilla greek yogurt and homemade muesli today but yesterday I mixed it up with plain oatmeal with a bunch of craisins mixed in and a cara cara orange. I like healthy breakfasts.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I had my standard vanilla greek yogurt and homemade muesli

Don't die breakfast thread. I love breakfast!

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Breakfast is indeed good. It's also good for you so you don't have to feel guilty about it.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Call Your Grandma posted:

Breakfast is indeed good. It's also good for you so you don't have to feel guilty about it.

What if your breakfast is three kilos of tater tots fried in bacon grease topped with corned beef and brie?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Outrail posted:

What if your breakfast is three kilos of tater tots fried in bacon grease topped with corned beef and brie?

Lose the tater tots and that's a perfectly acceptable keto meal.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Just made breakfast for dinner.

for the second night in a row

:blastu:

(4 egg cheese scramble with red bell pepper and onion. one large chicken sausage, cottage cheese. habanero hot sauce.)

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
The man ate a eggs.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Heavy whipping cream, no chaser.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Aardvark! posted:

The man ate a eggs.

I get the free range eggs in the yellow container. super deep orange yolks. really good stuff.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Lose the tater tots and that's a perfectly acceptable keto meal.

I feel this is an argument against the keto diet

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Lol just lol if you don't eat straight up flavorless bachelor chow/sugarless shredded wheat every morning.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Fart breakfast. :munch:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
BEC McMuffin and a hash brown

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I subscribe to cooks illustrated and a recent edition had a recipe for how to make eggs for breakfast sandwiches that turn out like this:

And it's fairly simple, but also looks great AND you can make them in advance, so I'm looking to get motivated to whip them up soon

e: one of their recommendations was to use cream cheese, dill, and smoked salmon with them as toppings and I thought that sounds fantastic

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
How do I make eggs that look like that

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

According to their recipe, whisk them and pour them into a metal 8x8 pan that's had cooking spray applied, then put that into a rimmed baking sheet, and add apprx 2 cups water to the larger pan to regulate the temperature and place into a 300f oven. Don't season until after they've set.

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Has anyone had a Dutch Baby? They are the bee's knees and I haven't made them for a few years, thinking about them today. They are mostly butter if I remember right, so not the healthiest thing on earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Ventral EggSac posted:

Has anyone had a Dutch Baby? They are the bee's knees and I haven't made them for a few years, thinking about them today. They are mostly butter if I remember right, so not the healthiest thing on earth.

That’s the stuff. They’re easy as hell to make, line em up.