Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

ruddiger posted:

It’s pretty hilarious that the Snyderverse has turned into a sword of damacles hanging over the suits at Warner Bros.

Jack Kirby sends his regards.

Grant Morrison himself couldnt make a better story of materialised authorial revenge against manager/editorial greed persisting through impossible odds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

perfect fit for WB imo

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

It’s been weeks and I’m still kinda giddy over how Ray Fisher screams “BARRRRRRRRYYYY!” as the unity happens.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Mandrel posted:

perfect fit for WB imo

lmao

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I found it interesting that "Comanche Realty" was the institution that was foreclosing Martha's property. (I didn't realize there is actually a Comanche County, Kansas, and in the movie I think maybe it's presented as a city of Comanche)

Then I just watched Hell or High Water, in which a pair of brothers rob different branches of the same bank to prevent that very bank from foreclosing on their mother's ranch by paying their stolen money right back to them. And the movie also repeatedly references the Comanche people, explaining that the origin of that name comes from being viewed as a kind of generic "enemy," seeming to imply that capitalism is turning all of the world's (or at least Texas's) underclass into a kind of generic colonized group and linking them to the Comanche people.

I wonder if it's an intentional reference, but either way I thought that was kind of cool.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

The Cameo posted:

It’s been weeks and I’m still kinda giddy over how Ray Fisher screams “BARRRRRRRRYYYY!” as the unity happens.

I've probably watched that entire scene 50+ times now, it might be the coolest thing I've ever seen on film. And every time I get to the (spectacular) ending of the clip I loving lol that WB had this movie in the barrel and decided to gut it and give us tit jokes and some random family.

The loving Jets/Knicks of movie studios, I swear. Get out of your own way you morons. Or stay in your own way, just get out of your loving directors' ways so they can do cool poo poo like ZACK SNYDER'S JUSTICE LEAGUE.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

porfiria posted:

It's a sign of the times that capitalist anxiety is dictating loving color grading.

I honestly didn't think they'd do the "what if man of steel was in color???" meme, but the Whedon Cut confirms exactly that.

This particular image was shot by Snyder, but was only used in the Whedon cut. It was very easy to approximate the Snyder Cut look:

Again, for the most part, they literally just cranked up the saturation and cut the contrast.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

I honestly didn't think they'd do the "what if man of steel was in color???" meme, but the Whedon Cut confirms exactly that.

This particular image was shot by Snyder, but was only used in the Whedon cut. It was very easy to approximate the Snyder Cut look:

Again, for the most part, they literally just cranked up the saturation and cut the contrast.

Marvel's "house style" forever seemed to be graded so there was no actual blacks, just a dark gray as the darkest color.

Whedon just extended that to editing the non-white characters mostly out of the movie.

:heritage:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

sean10mm posted:

Marvel's "house style" forever seemed to be graded so there was no actual blacks, just a dark gray as the darkest color.
As someone with an OLED TV, this is a warcrime.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Something something top is better because of color something something.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/adddy_daddy/status/1383510706163621893?s=19

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Coool

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Zack Snyder and Chris Terrio discussed alternate names for BvS on this livestream con thing, and all their names suck lol. "Son of Sun, Knight of Night" from Zack, "Batman And Superman" or "Justice League: Rising" from Chris. I kind of like BvS, if I'm honest. It's kind of campy and silly, and it's nice and short

2house2fly fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Apr 18, 2021

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

It’s fine but the rise of justice part is dumb and twice don. Just beavis is better

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
What's the dumbest BvS subtitle you can think of?

Mine is probably DayKnight, or NightSun

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

FilthyImp posted:

What's the dumbest BvS subtitle you can think of?

Mine is probably DayKnight, or NightSun

Dawny Darko

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

2house2fly posted:

Zack Snyder and Chris Terrio discussed alternate names for BvS on this livestream con thing, and all their names suck lol. "Sun of Son, Knight of Night" from Zack, "Batman And Superman" or "Justice League: Rising" from Chris. I kind of like BvS, if I'm honest. It's kind of campy and silly, and it's nice and short

It really did sound like every single proposed name sucked rear end, and Zack outright stated that he let the studio make the final call because he felt like he was getting away with murder in the script.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

josh04 posted:

It really did sound like every single proposed name sucked rear end, and Zack outright stated that he let the studio make the final call because he felt like he was getting away with murder in the script.

Yeah. I like Zack's DC films a lot but some ideas of his can be real stinkers. Those titles... good grief!

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Those were Chris Terrio, Snyder (perhaps wisely) wasn't drawn on what his preferred choice was I don't think.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Batman v Superman: Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
I always wished it was just called Dawn of Justice. Its a perfect follow up in style to Man of Steel and it fits the set up.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dayman versus Nightman

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

RBA Starblade posted:

Dayman versus Nightman

NightKnight vs SunSon

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

They should’ve called it World’s Finest.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

ruddiger posted:

Yeah, easy slam dunk.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

There's some real good stuff in the JusticeCon2021 panels

Joe Mangienello talked about deathstrokes film, how it was about political and about the military, and talked about how he imagined the role and how he prepared for it.

Chris Terrio joined Zack on a panel, and said he wrote Barry as someone with ADHD ("Like me or Zack")

Wayne T Carr confirmed as Zacks GL, and they shot the scene with him and J'onn visiting Batman, but Zack warned Wayne up front he might not be in the film. Zack got introduced to Wayne via Ray Fisher :3:
They were also gonna have Kilowog in the scene.

Zack, Chris, Joe Mangienello and Ray Porter all would sign up for sequels if it came to that.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice: Ultimate Edition is like the Martha scene, where your dumb brain thinks it’s bad because it’s structurally flawless.

Lately, my favorite part is the subtitle’s implication that it is the first in a series of Batman v Superman movies.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

ruddiger posted:

...well, poo poo, there it is.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice: Ultimate Edition is like the Martha scene, where your dumb brain thinks it’s bad because it’s structurally flawless.

Lately, my favorite part is the subtitle’s implication that it is the first in a series of Batman v Superman movies.

batman v superman: league of justice

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

So that's it huh, we some kind of league of justice?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Jl2 would be world's finest.
JL3 would be JL United/Unlimited

The Batfleck movie would have been BATMAN: Dark Knights

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

ungulateman posted:

batman v superman: league of justice

Batman v Superman: League of Legends

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

McCloud posted:

So that's it huh, we some kind of league of justice?

More like a bunch of super friends.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

:pusheen:

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I think Superman's Knight of Nights would've been cute.

Conversely, Batman Blots Out the Son would've really had Twitter on fire.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I'd have just used Batman v Superman, and the followup be Batman & Superman

Regretful Humming
Apr 27, 2015

well why not posted:

I'd have just used Batman v Superman, and the followup be Batman & Superman

This is perfect.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Chairman Capone posted:

Batman v Superman: League of Legends

Batman says the gamer words

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

RBA Starblade posted:

Batman says the gamer words

"gg ez lmbo"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I always wanted World's Finest for an eventual Batman/Superman crossover movie, but it wouldn't have worked for the story in BvS.

Remember the Batman/Superman movie poster teased in I Am Legend? I wonder if that played a small role in shaping up expectations. (Just realized that Will Smith would eventually be face to face with Batman a few years later too).