Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Mr. Apollo posted:

Looks like the VFX crew has been working down to the last minute. Here’s an updated image of Uxas.

Deep cut to use Dick Turpin Darkseid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

BROKE: Dad Suicide by Tornado

BESPOKE: Dad Suicide by X-Ray

(yeah, some of the starlabs scenes could have been cut... all of the heating stuff)

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

The antilife stuff confused me too, to be honest. They seemed to be hinting that part of it was that giant sigil that Steppenwolf got called to? Also, they just forgot what planet they left their motherboxes on? Have they been conquering in the interim without motherboxes, or is it just Steppenwolf who had to do it manually?

Aw man remembered the Green Lantern sequence, that was so cool! Guess the guardians were busy elsewhere this time though.

e: i suppose the fast retreat would screw their directions up. sure.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

abraham linksys posted:

did Whedon's cut try to solve that "problem"?

I wouldn't say so. It actually goes in the opposite direction- the Flash intro is cut and we see him first talking to his dad, then Batman meeting him (other than the CCTV). Cyborg chats with his dad a little the first time we see him, but it's never explained what his dad did (also, he apparently just learns to fly in his sleep lol). Some of Batman and Superman are a bit sanded off, especially the scene where they talk about ressurecting Superman (incidentally, this is where Cyborg spends a sentence explaining his origin). So in that regard it's easier to watch? But I wouldn't say so overall.

I was watching the dad/Flash scene and lol at Whedon's gag there, it's pretty good.

e: "You're going in circles, Barry..."

also the epilogue scene would have been a perfect moment to set up Flashpoint if someone was stupid enough to want to do that as a movie. like "I know how to get you out, Dad"

Quotey fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Mar 18, 2021

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

When ur thrown away by Superman in Widescreen

"I'm going off to my home planet!"

When ur thrown away in GLORIOUS 4:3 SCREEN

"Oh no I'm going to loving fly forever"

You should probably compare on your own since image quality kinda sucks for it. It just lets you show more at the top and bottom for some comic book panel stuff i guess?

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

The REAL Goobusters posted:

4:3 is the chad aspect ratio

You may not like it, but this is the peak aspect ratio.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

Space Fish posted:

I appreciated that moment near the end when some parademon bug minion at a turret is able to reason out firing in the Flash's path and letting the blast knock him over. For that matter, "ice skating" is a pretty good description for his running, one catch and he goes sliding away.

Best part of the movie. Give that bug a loving medal. He literally won the battle for Darkseid. If it wasn't for that loving cheat, we would all be Darkseid now.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

It's shot for it to work very well, here's a post on that:

This was more of a joke, though I guess it works if you want to get nitpicky. I would say watch a couple scenes from both thinking about it though- actually, it appears that Whedon ends up stretching a shot rather than snipping it because it's filmed only to work in 4:3?

But you could have set it to work in 16:9 as well I assume? I don't know anything about filming movies.

I don't actually know/care what's better. Maybe this one would be worse in 16:9? When the camera pans to show Aquaman.

Like I say, I don't know film and I'm not much of a smart watcher. So maybe that would look great in 16:9. People being bothered by black bars is fine IMO.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I think it was a body double actually

do they have butt doubles like they have stunt doubles

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

roffels posted:

It's going to sound dumb, but I actually have a projector that I haven't used at all in the past year - just haven't been in the mood to watch movies during the pandemic.

I hooked it back up just for the Snyder cut. And it was awesome.

what are the dimensions of your wall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

if you wouldn't renovate your house for the snyder cut i have no respect for you