Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Jimbot posted:

WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY

Lmao

The Snyder strikes again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

well why not posted:

Maybe! That would've been great, but what I am getting at is that there's quite possibly terms in Leto's contract regarding where and when he's going to show up in WB properties.

With Leto it's probably a Michael Fassbender situation - he's handsome and talented so the ugly rumours will get ignored until a shoe really drops

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

live with fruit posted:

But the idea is that Bruce just sees "sees two kryptonians, not Superman fighting Zod." The military was aware of what was going on. That Superman was benevolent was known.

Bruce clutching the child in the ruins in one arm, while his other hand fishes out his iPhone and keeps hitting refresh on col Hardy's blog

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Nodosaur posted:

He’s another black and grey CGI monstrosity that’s lost all the Neo-fantasy esque touches of his original design to do a big angry guy in space armor.

He's got the grey cracked skin, the jaw helmet, glowy eyes, the omega emblem

His clothing isn't blue, that's about the only difference other than being 3d

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Neurolimal posted:

I think a Whedon Justice League would have been perfectly servicable had it been his movie from the start; it wouldn't have been pretty, the plot would be incredibly throwaway, but it'd have enough cute character moments to make it entirely watchable. What you'd expect from a TV writer/director basically.

Instead we got a weird mutant child between two directors with extremely discordant styles & focus. Good job WB.

We got those cute Whedon character moments though. The thirst, the brunch, the ~smiles~ that mean it's fun*

And like all Whedon works, it's poo poo! But he should have gotten his own full cut I agree. Maybe his edit will end up on YouTube one day, it would be pretty easy; what, 80-90% of the theatrical?

*If superman keeps saving the world, but doesn't smile then there's just no way to tell if he cares, he could hate the world for all I know!? Why Zack why would you do this to me

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

teagone posted:

My secret wish is Keanu Reeve's Constantine as a setup for HBO Max's Justice League Dark.

Ooh nice, my vote is for this or Swamp Thing

Although it will be whoever Vanity Fair or HBO's PR thinks will be impressive, so who knows

Cia Jimmy Olsen back from the dead!

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Robot Style posted:

I'd say it'd be hard to pull off since Jon Stewart already appeared in BvS as himself, but then I remembered that Ocean Master is also the president of the United States, so I guess anything's possible.

Whoa, I guess I really should watch Aquaman now

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Communist Thoughts posted:

Motherbox and boomtube are both way worse than anything named in the marvel movies as far as I can think

How so?

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

pospysyl posted:

He's also a lot of fun in Free Fire. Guy's got a great voice.

He's also a great pair with Ben Mendelssohn in killing them softly

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

And he just starts making out with joker

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

Nobody's ever seen Stanwick and White in the same room?

Lol martian Manhunter revealed to be a third of minor characters

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

If only that would happen to rest of his films! :wal::stat:

I like clerks and chasing Amy for what they are

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Knowing nerd media folks I'm sure a bunch would like to say stuff like that, but josstice league is so unbelievably bad it would be a step too far, even for a fanatic

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Oh it's WB's baby all right

The legacy they deserve

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Don't disagree or correct my misinformation, that's creepy!

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

When someone said it was wrong I immediately said "ah okay guess not" but go on.

Relax I'm just teasing

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

We're beyond mere defense now! This thread is the first offensive push of our glorious 5 year snyderdome lebensraum

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

John Wick of Dogs posted:

My official pre-Zack Snyder's Justice League DCEU rankings:

1) Man of Steel
2) Batman V Superman Ultimate
3) Aquaman
4) Birds of Prey
5) Wonder Woman
6) Suicide Squad
7) Wonder Woman 1984
8) Shazam!
9) Justice League

I don't actually dislike any of these except 9. I really hope Suicide Squad gets an Ayer cut. It's a mess but I really love individual scenes and beats and the production design.

Oh fun! Mine atm goes

Top tier:
Swamp thing
Constantine
History of violence
Moss
Beavis
S-Skwad
Watchmen
Adam West and Burton batmen

Mid tier:
WW
Supes Returns
Donner Supes
BoP
Nolan trilogy
Schumacher batmen

Bottom tier:
V for vendetta
Shazam!
Red

Unknowns:
The losers
Green lantern
Aquaman
Jonah hex
Ww84
Cartoon stuff that generally looks bad

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Snyder is on his 3rd marriage I think? He's probably an American centrist politically? He's a Christian Scientist?

These are the "worst" things that we know about, and they're not even necessarily problematic nor do they have any bearing on his filmography!

Most of those are not DCEU

:wrong:

Warner Bros can't tell me what to do, those guys are bullshit!

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Second marriage I think. Been with her since the early 2000s though

Ah, I didn't check, just went off old memory of movie nerd hearsay

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Bogus Adventure posted:

I never thought I'd see Darkseid on the silver screen.

He looks loving perfect.

I love the lava (?) pouring off of him

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

I'm actually calmed somewhat that there are plenty of people who don't like it. I was getting weirded out by all the positive reviews, worried maybe he toned it down. But it sounds like the opposite!

Very excited!

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Finished it, very fun and so weird. :love:

Snyder really is the current king when it comes to superpowered violence and fantasy landscapes. I really dig how much of the story is the characters telling each other stories and dealing with dreams and nightmares.

It's not anywhere as tight as Mos or Beavis, but it's still better than most superhero stuff, and it's just wonderful to even be getting this version. God bless Snyder and his bros! Lol gently caress Joss and WB forever, what absolute losers to try and prevent this :mediocre:

One thing that surprised me though, was that the parademons are JUST bugmen from hell. The theatrical made the point that they are defeated/captured people transformed, which is pretty interesting and honestly something that seemed like would come from Snyder. Like our heroes are chopping up their fellow Amazons/Atlanteans/humans as opposed to total aliens.

I mean that's sort of the case anyways but I would have liked it to still be a literal plot point. Minor gripe

Blood Boils fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Mar 21, 2021

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Oh nice! Whereabouts, I must have missed that?

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

I'll look for that whenever I do a rewatch :cheers: Gadot is fine as WW imo, not familiar with her other roles but she might be ESL?

ughhhh posted:

was all that wailing whenever Wonder woman comes on the sound of Palestinians Gal Gadot crushed under her heels? that was an awful 4 hours.

Obviously she's a bad person irl for supporting apartheid but that doesn't have anything to do with her fictional character in the movie. Pretending to confuse a song with intifada footage because you didn't like a story seems like a weird flex

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Horizon Burning posted:

can you imagine Steppenwolf having to face down Zod

Where did you learn to fight, conquering a million plane - oh

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Sodomy Hussein posted:

I like that polymorphed Martha Kent has a dramatically overexaggerated Kansas vocal twang because MMH is a dweeb.

That was a great touch by Diana Lane

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

At some point we all have to try to move beyond whatever noun is causing a ruckus and explain what we mean by it using details from the work itself, anything less has no merit or substance

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

smoobles posted:

Why did Bruce Wayne buy the bank, instead of just buying the Kents' house from the bank

He's a capitalist, and his charities are all Gotham based

So he could forgive even more debt

It's a nice start but he's not THAT redeemed

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Away all Goats posted:

He's also the general from MoS and BvS. Which means he watched two world-ending threats appear and was cool with it apparently

He's general Swanwick

Also even if he did nothing then he's on the same moral ground as WW, Aquaman, Flash, Cyborg and whoever else already had superpowers

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Yo can I get some pics of monochrome explosions that sounds trippy

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

smug n stuff posted:

I don't think this actually looks bad, but it's definitely pretty monochrome

Maybe I've misinterpreted what monochrome was intended to mean but I'm seeing at least 4 colours, even with the explosion washing them out

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Nerd media criticism is pathologically inconsistent, morally and intellectually.

Like complaints about Leto Joker making edgy sex jokes to batman - where was this when Ledger Joker made them to Jai Courtney and Maggie Gyllenhaal?

MM and Flash don't respect women's agency! But don't mention What-Captain-America-Did, don't even think about it mister!

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Hilariously Ang Lee is the only one who actually thought about giving this character a backstory that would explain rage issues.

At least in movies, I dunno if Banner has an abusive father in comics

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Gatts posted:

He does. That’s why I said Ang Lee did his homework. It’s a very memorable Peter David story that Ang interpreted to the big screen where Banner can’t control his warring Hulks and we dive into his mind and see that history at the root of it all. Especially since that is what gets Banner and his Grey and Green Hulk personas to declare a truce of sorts, acceptance and then results in the merged Hulk which is considered one of the best runs of the character. Banner’s intelligence, Grey Hulk’s attitude, and Green Hulk’s body. When we see Banner Hulk in Endgame it’s basically the result of him making peace with his issues and it’s ultra poo poo the MCU didn’t bother giving us this.

Ah I see. I've only read a handful of OG Hulk by Lee/Kirby. Do they ever explain why he wears purple pants? I know it was the 60s, but Banner doesn't seem very hip

Neo Rasa posted:

Something else Ang Lee's Hulk and Man of Steel have in common is I've had people I've been friends with IRL for decades stone cold look me in the eye deadly serious and say they can't really trust anything I say about movies ever again because I mentioned liking them.

This is me but with the prequels. Unfortunately for those particular friends I already found their taste somewhat questionable, so that lessened the sting. How ironic! Lol

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Mantis42 posted:

To be fair to the Spartans, while their society is a catastrophe they still have a right to defend themselves against imperialist aggression.

My white hot take is that both Leonidas and Xerxes are bad guys

Like all or at least most kings, come to think about it

"This fantastical ancient despot is supposed to be real and cool and my friend, but instead he's a terrible hot naked raving lunatic. Zack Snyder stole my cool friend!"

Party Boat posted:

There's a comic with a flashback to Banner in college buying fifteen identical pairs of purple trousers and telling his roommate that he doesn't want to waste time deciding what to wear in the mornings, and that he's analysed fashion trends and purple is the optimum choice for this.

That does sound like a dr Jekyll solution

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Gotta admit, Caro was a doer

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

smoobles posted:

the funniest part of this exchange was the fact that it happened right after WW exploded a guy into pink mist in front of everyone

that little girl is a sociopath.

That poor reactionary :cry: he just wanted to return Europe to the good old days

I get not liking Gal Gadot as a person but the character of WW is a pagan Greek demigod who is quite emphatic to others. Like if she starts sniping children at recess cuz their wrongfully imprisoned fathers went on a hunger strike in prison, then sure that's some Israeli soldier coding. But otherwise it's just a bad reading

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

KVeezy3 posted:

The upcoming black and white version is a great excuse for me to do a full re-watch of this behemoth of a film.

Yep, I'm more excited for that version than I was for the colourful one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

wyoming posted:

I'll never understand the hate for Suicide Squad Joker, this is my favourite Joker scene ever:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0IHL6WGFY0

I can understand the hate but I don't get the bad misinterpretations, like "he's a low level gangster trying too hard" . . . who has the resources to run a nightclub and to command several successful raids against special forces and black sites??

This particular crime clown is clearly a Boss, whatever you think of his obviously deliberate affectations