Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!
This is gonna be extremely bad, I can't wait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!
I have no problem with dark and dour superhero stuff that tackles heavy issues/themes/tone, I just have a problem when it fails to be Actually Good like Man of Steel, BvS, and Justice League did

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!

Julius CSAR posted:

Two of those three are really good movies though?

I strongly disagree. For me, Justice League was the least bad of the lot and still terrible.

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!

Snowman_McK posted:

Also getting punched in Wanted.

This is one of those opinions that I knew had to be out there, but I still kind of can't believe it exists.

I'm not saying JL is good or even average, but I absolutely did not enjoy Man of Steel or BvS at all. I'm honestly stunned to see so many people saying they're good. They're all bad imo and the only good DCEU movies are Wonder Woman and Birds of Prey.

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!
What can I say I like the flash

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!

ImpAtom posted:

You mean the guy who attacked and choked someone?

Ezra Miller is lower on the list of People Who Shouldn't Be Getting Acting Work than some of the other co-stars but he's still a piece of poo poo.

Well I mean the comic book character, not specifically Ezra Miller

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!

Snowman_McK posted:

Even if you didn't like any of the three, regarding JL as the least bad is still completely mystifying.

I admit the other two are probably better made and have less troubled productions, just JL had more elements/characters/whatever that I enjoy from DC so it felt like less of a slog.

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!

Darko posted:

People have jumped on you. I'm not trying to. Heres a simple question.

How do you feel about the score/music progression between MoS and BvS as compared to Justice League and how that informs what shows up on film? Only asking to see if we are talking about the same things.

I'm probably going to revisit them all in the lead up to this snyder cut coming out, so I'll let you know.

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!
Here's the thing... I don't like Snyder much as a filmmaker. He's a decent stylist but I don't like his approach to storytelling and world building and characters and yadda yadda.

I really didn't like any of the previous iterations of these movies, MoS/BvS/JL etc.

But I want this to be good. I'd love it if it was. All cynicism aside, all feelings I get from the trailer aside, I freakin love these characters (if not necessarily these specific versions, y'know) , I love an interesting take on them, I love epic superhero poo poo.

I may not expect it to be good, but I hope it is. I'm ready and willing to be surprised.

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!
I remember Dawn of the Dead being pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!
I watched it, had a good time. It's absolutely better than the theatrical cut, the four hours help the pacing and don't feel like a slog. Despite still being very muted it looked better, and I love the Flash stuff. Finally, a Snyder directed movie with Superman in it that's actually good/entertaining.

It was kinda frustrating to see all the threads laid down that aren't going to get pulled on (especially stuff like Spectre and Atom), and that epilogue was insufferably unnecessary. I especially could've done with never seeing Jared Leto as Joker again.

Stuff like the rough special effects didn't bother me and I didn't notice the aspect ratio after a while.