Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

Switches Set

Ya’ll I am loving HYPE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

Switches Set

Bullbar posted:

I have no problem with dark and dour superhero stuff that tackles heavy issues/themes/tone, I just have a problem when it fails to be Actually Good like Man of Steel, BvS, and Justice League did

Two of those three are really good movies though?

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

Switches Set

Yeah it’s hinted several times that Perry knows Clark is Superman, but is also decent enough (despite his outward personality) to not let anyone else know.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

Switches Set

I remember going in cold on Ninja Scroll at like 12 because I wanted to get into anime and being like, “Whoa, this is a cartoon and that chick just got naked!”

Explains a lot to be honest

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

Switches Set

Cameo will be WB execs asking Snyder if he is wanting to release the Snydercut and he’ll reply “Release it? I released it 214 minutes ago.”

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

Switches Set

Devito as Pikachu is great stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbJJbOBH9I0

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

Switches Set

It’ll actually be Ryan Reynolds as Plastic Man

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

Switches Set

What if it was Jon Stewart GL but played John Stewart in blackface, but then again Geoff Johns isn’t around anymore so it probably won’t happen

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

Switches Set

Lmao that the dude who wrote that article made an avatar of himself and came up with this

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

Switches Set

Kazzah posted:

I heard on Twitter they added a scene where one of the characters fills an entire room with mousetraps, only to realise he's trapped in the corner, and winds up setting off like a hundred of them and getting them stuck to every part of his body. Just awful poo poo. I don't know how anyone can defend Snyder.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

Switches Set

McCloud posted:

I want to reitirate, they sent out a press release saying one of the people that Ray Fisher accused of misconduct, would work together with Mamoa, who worked with fisher on Justice League, on a film called Frosty the Snowman, to divert attention from Rays claims of misconduct.

This movie did not exist, it was made up wholesale, and they sent out that press release without mamoas permission.

https://popculture.com/celebrity/news/jason-momoa-calls-frosty-snowman-movie-report-fake-while-defending-justice-league-co-star/

Holy poo poo

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

Switches Set

Try not suck any dick on the way to the parking lot!

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

Switches Set

Can I get an invite to the CinneD discord?

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

Switches Set

Ok thanks!

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

Switches Set

So I’ve trying to read the thread since the 15th but drat it moved FAST lol

Went to a friend’s house on Friday and smoked a joint and watched it.

Pretty much what I always imagined it would be: incredible

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

Switches Set

Neurolimal posted:

Money is fake anyways, if it gets a movie made and keeps actors/camera crews/VFX/etc employed then good on them. Same reason I can't hate the Adam Sandler vacation vehicles.

Well, Rambo 3 in general was making a statement, a very stupid one.

If you think that was a statement just wait till you watch “The Beast” where the Russians execute an Afghani villager via tank tread in like, the first ten minutes of the movie

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

Switches Set

Timeless Appeal posted:

I don't really care about Wonder Woman killing the guy but I was literally losing my mind with the corny interaction with the one little girl.

I personally think the way Gal Gadot delivers the “You can be anything you want to be” line is pretty awesome

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

Switches Set

I really love that bit where Steppenwolf flexes and just dislodges all the arrows from his armor. Super dope.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

Switches Set

A couple of things I noticed on a re-watch last night that stuck out to me.

During the Lois/Martha coffee scene whenever it shows the two of them talking there is a model of a midwestern farm windmill in the background of directly between the two of them, Superman being from a farm in Kansas, showing that while they’re talking about each other the crux of the conversation seems to relate to Superman, since that’s what the whole world is revolving around.

Whenever it just shows Lois directly above her head and on the right, typically where a “thought bubble” goes in a comic there is a painting on the wall of a sunflower, which is the state flower of Kansas. Lois, always thinking about Clark.

But when it just shows Martha, there’s nothing like that in the background, because it’s not Martha, it’s Manhunter/Swanwick, and he’s focused on Lois and her getting better, not on Superman.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

Switches Set

Most small town Kansans are Methodist, probably followed by Lutherans, and Catholics at a far third place. Catholics are far more represented in the cities and their suburbs though.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

Switches Set

Almost Blue posted:

I thought the priest was supposed to be one of the bullies from when Clark was a kid?

I don’t think so but I am pretty sure the priest is the guy presiding over Clark’s funeral at the end of BvS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

Switches Set

RBA Starblade posted:

On my planet it means M'lady

“I WILL REDPILL HIM!”