Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

He's the joker baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mr. Apollo posted:

People were asking Snyder where Batman got the coat from and Snyder said “he probably pulled it off some dead guy”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kednB29mfoQ

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

MacheteZombie posted:

Glenn would've been a great star lord. Or a Reed Richards

It's bullshit it was Pratt and not him

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Julius CSAR posted:

Two of those three are really good movies though?

Well, one of them was

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Justice League was so good they're giving us a new director's cut with hours of extra footage, at their expense (to the tune of tens of millions of dollars)!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Gatts posted:

400 years from now when the Earth is an apocalyptic wasteland from the ravages of climate change the remnants of man will gather in the ruins of the last museum on earth, a Costco, and hoist into the air a Blu Ray DVD of Justice League: The Snyder-Cut and declare it to be the zenith of art. As it hovers in the air, transcendent as if from on high and light beaming behind it, beneath it is a pit as if from hell where cries of the damned yell "RANDIAN!" "SNYDER-BRO!" "WHY CAN'T YOU BE IN COLOR!" and arms of MCU heroes are stretched out from the pit exclaiming "SAVE US FROM DISNEY AND THE FANBOYS!" and the Snyder-Cut Blu Ray whispers back "No."

It sounds like Watchmen's the zenith there

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

josh04 posted:

Neither Man of Steel nor BvS is anywhere near as cynical as Watchmen, a film which ends with space 9/11. Compare the use of Hallelujah in Watchmen with the use of Hallelujah in the JL trailer.

A second kryptonian has hit Wayne Tower

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's not a joke but I'm guessing it's about what he'd have had happened to Batman in prison

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Roth posted:

Here's the mythical, logic defying way to understand that Snyder did not want to actually make a Batman movie where he gets raped:

He did not have Batman get prison raped in BvS.

But he could've been, and that's the important thing

quote:

Yeah, he looks cool while he kicks a dude into a grenade he's still portrayed unsympathetically for large portions of the film.

I think BvS is largely a boring and ugly movie but I think something it did that was very clever was initially portraying Batman as angelic, and Superman as a fallen angel instead (and Lex inverting that to reflect his brokebrains). Batman even gets to do the whole "Don't be afraid" thing

josh04 posted:

Flying is cool but the rest of this is instilling a deep, primal apprehension in me?

Everyone's already said the myriad ways that these films are absolutely power fantasies but on top of that, consider also you get to bang Amy Adams and live in a cool studio apartment

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Feb 15, 2021

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ImpAtom posted:

Aw poo poo is Fassbender a fuckhead too?

Yeah, big time https://www.indiewire.com/2018/02/michael-fassbender-abuse-allegations-sunawin-leasi-andrews-1201927946/

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

"Bruce, revive me!"

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

McCloud posted:

Let's bring back the purple leggings and miniskirt! That's an enduring character design!
-Geniuses on the internet

I know two things about Darkseid from osmosis: he dresses like an idiot and he loves reclining on couches

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

josh04 posted:

Both baked in from the start by Kirby, a true visionary.

This owns

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid." - Zack Snyder

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

We evolved eyes wrong on purpose, as a joke

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I hope the hero cameo is literally Jesus Christ

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

McCloud posted:

That would be a deep cut.

Lmao Zauriel kneels before joker and calls him the messiah. Can you imagine what that would do to the internet?

The clown prince of peace

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Grendels Dad posted:

People got to keep themselves occupied because their lives are boring as poo poo, and discussing tactics for your culture war is a great alternative to playing Risk.

What's the culture war equivalent of fortifying Australia

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Grendels Dad posted:

Attacking Zack Snyder, duh.

That's the opposite of fortification!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ungulateman posted:

I find the glowing cube of mystery being called a 'tesseract' when it's clearly just a cube to be very silly, personally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aGDCE6Nrz0

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jimbot posted:

The only people who are going to be really surprised by the Snyder cut are the people who denied it existing and/or people who think it'll be the exact same movie with a few different scenes and more consistency between scenes. That's not to say people who followed the development of this thing won't be but I think they have a better idea of what this is compared to the people who poopoo'd it or simply didn't care.

I don't think anyone who has heard anything about this one way or the other is going to be surprised, just the people who had no idea this was an entire thing

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Guy A. Person posted:

The weird part is that this person keeps saying "for those of you saying he is an alien, he was raised like a normal person in Kansas!" which, fair, but this is missing the point that even beyond his strange origins these are also strange circumstances.

Like "I know exactly how someone raised in Kansas would talk to a billionaire dressed like a bat whose car he just wrecked with his body, and this ain't it chief!"

I mean, I know what'd I say in that circumstance

"lol owned"

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Robot Style posted:

So he should talk like Eisenberg Luthor.

Still too charismatic for the Muskman

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Snowman_McK posted:

As another reason films are wasted on film twitter, the consensus is that they 'just tried to make him the joker' and I can't tell which character they misunderstood worse.

I recall that being a lot of my friends' issue with him and I assure you they don't know or care about "film Twitter"

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

CelticPredator posted:

Probably nothing. They probably they’re just adding to the discussion that not everything is about film twitter

This, but to answer their second question, Beavis Lex

Snowman_McK posted:

The primary difference is that Ledger is repeatedly shown to be right, while Lex is definitively wrong.

It's been a while but isn't the climax of the film that he's dumb and wrong except for like one lovely rear end in a top hat who Tom Lister Jr. shuts down?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Snowman_McK posted:

Not really. More of his plans worked than didn't and the only reason the last one didn't was because of one guy who didn't pull a trigger that he absolutely thought should be pulled. He thought it should happen, but didn't want to be the one to do it. Tiny Lister's character was the only one on screen who outright rejected the proposal.

In the end, the Joker proved we live in a society

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

That sucks

Show us more Joker Christ

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Chairman Capone posted:

I remember people being angry it was called Batman v Superman instead of Superman v Batman, because putting Batman first showed that Snyder didn't care about Superman and had just made Man of Steel in order to get to do Batman. I also remember a lot of "snarky" commentators making fun of the "v". Devin Faraci especially kept harping on that.

Batman OR Superman: Dawn of Logic

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I'll keep an eye out for the Mike Dawson cameo.

Desaad did YOU kill Rita?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Equeen posted:

Granny Goodness: Here, Lord Darkseid, this will explain everything.

*head explodes*

BTW, for anyone who hasn't seen it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxGJXsgB65A

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

No, I accepted Joker Christ instead

May he deliver us from bottom text

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Neurolimal posted:

We thought it was going to be Martian Manhunter, turns out it's the Arbiter.

Were it so easy

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jimbot posted:

Laffo, that Scott Mendelson jackoff is still at it, huh? Even his praise feels backhanded and forced.

"This cut is just an assembly cut with finished effects and it's basically the same as the theatrical cut but it's better."

That sounds accurate

quote:

At this point I don't recognize "boring" as a criticism. Malick films can be accurately described as "boring", but to say so is a worthless comment.

On the other hand, "boring" is the worst thing a piece of entertainment can be

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Mar 14, 2021

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

teagone posted:

ZSJL assembly cut was almost 5 hours, so no, not really accurate.

I'd hope it's better, but if not, oh well

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I was chatting with friends online again while playing dead by daylight and the Snyder Cut came up - the halo logo on the sword is making waves lol

That was pretty much the whole conversation, no one wanted to watch it because they didn't care about or didn't like the theatrical one and one thought that Snyder was a nazi, which I couldn't dissuade him of (yes I actually tried lol)

The one guy aside these are also the guys who kept quoting Zod while playing Halo and liked Moss but not as a Superman movie lol

E: oh this isn't the dome

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

elf help book posted:

What are the cool Zod quotes

I WILL FIND HIM

in regards to shooting the guy with the oddball lol

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Michael Shannon's really good in Moss

Michael Shannon's really good

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Why in the world would they suddenly reverse course and start clickbaiting with positivity after a literal decade of "this guy is an Objectivist Randian jock idiot" clickbait?

That sounds like an excellent way to freshen the bait actually

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

josh04 posted:

He's made this Owl-costumed man loving into some kind of joke!

Oh, so that was what Comedian was talking about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Zaphod42 posted:

I could believe that Snyder makes a really great comic film. What's especially hard to wrap my head around is that its the same movie as Justice League, just the Extended Edition with a few minutes here and there restored and maybe a bit of overdub, and somehow that transforms it from a downright stinker snoozefest into a really really solid superhero movie.

That's what everyone said about BvS too and the version I saw was poop out of a butt