Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I like Bruce’s slight smirk when he turns to look at the Joker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Guy A. Person posted:

- cool trench coat (find where to buy in advance)"
People were asking Snyder where Batman got the coat from and Snyder said “he probably pulled it off some dead guy”.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Here’s an article by a POC about why he feels Snyder’s treatment of Cyborg resonates with him.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/the-revolution-of-the-new-justice-league-trailer

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

AccountSupervisor posted:

One of my favorite parts of Supermans first encounter with Batman in BvS he treats and looks at him like hes this pathetic weirdo he can barely stand to talk to and generally feels disgusted that he, a literal God on Earth, has to tell the weird vigilante to stop being a sadistic nut. Clarks facial expressions say it all.
Also the “what the gently caress is wrong with you” look he gives Bruce when he asks Clark “Do you bleed?”

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

A character like Superman would represent an unfathomable paradigm shift in how we understand humanity's place in the universe. Superman is basically that idea of a Great Man made manifest. He not only wields power beyond the ken of every single other person on Earth, but his very existence would inspire cults, devotion, and whatever else.
This is even explained in the “talking heads” bit in BvS.

quote:

Human beings have a horrible track record of following people with great power, down paths that lead to huge human monstrosities. We have always created icons in our own image. What we've done is we project ourselves on to him. The fact is, maybe he's not some sort of devil or Jesus character. Maybe he's just a guy trying to do the right thing.

quote:

We're talking about a being whose very existence challenges our own sense of priority in the universe. And you go back to Copernicus where he restored the sun in the center of the known universe, displacing Earth. And you get to Darwinian evolution and you find out we're not special on this earth. We're just one among other lifeforms. And now we learn that we're not even special in the entire universe because there is Superman. There he is, an alien among us. We're not alone.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Don't forgot that it was originally supposed to be a comedic scene but WB told Whedon to re-edit it to be serious.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I just looked Jon Peters and lol:

quote:

According to Smith, Peters had expressed disdain for most of Superman's iconic characteristics by demanding that Superman was never to fly nor appear in his trademark costume. He also suggested Sean Penn for the role based on his performance as a death row inmate in Dead Man Walking, which he said that Penn had the eyes of a "caged animal, a loving killer." Peters then demanded that the third act of the film include a fight between Superman and a giant spider, to be unveiled in an homage to King Kong. Peters later produced the 1999 steampunk western action comedy Wild Wild West, the finale of which featured a giant mechanical spider.

Smith met Peters after completing a script, to which Peters instructed him to include a robot sidekick for Brainiac, a fight scene between Brainiac and two polar bears and a marketable "space dog" pet similar to the Star Wars character Chewbacca. Smith inserted them into his script, but then the project was abandoned and the script discarded.

In Look, Up in the Sky: The Amazing Story of Superman, Peters admitted that the Superman franchise was problematic for him, stating: "The elements that I was focusing on were away from the heart, it was more leaning towards 'Star Wars' in a sense, you know. I didn't realize the human part of it, I didn't have that."

He subsequently produced Superman Returns, the 2006 Superman film directed by Bryan Singer, and executive-produced Man of Steel, the 2013 Superman film directed by Zack Snyder. Peters was banned from the Man of Steel set by producer Christopher Nolan.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

McSpanky posted:

Likewise, concept of human "framerate" is an inadequate metaphor because human visual perception in general is extraordinarily complex and there are multiple types of motion detection at work. Real life doesn't have a framerate because your retina doesn't work like a film strip or CMOS sensor and your brain isn't a simple display adapter for raw signal input.
In university I took a course on Physiological Psychology. It was all about how our brain processes inputs from our sensory organs and interprets them. The fact that our vision works as well as it does is mind blowing considering how hacked together our visual system is.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

And our eyes evolved backwards so all the blood vessels that feed the eye are in front of the retina. Our brain filters them out and fills in the missing pieces otherwise we’d be looking through a field of blood vessels all the time.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

lmao, that's really well done

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

https://twitter.com/vancityreynolds/status/1363960035060056065?s=21

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

McCloud posted:

Zack posted this on Vero

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1365375259566878724?s=20

It's a cool little summary of Events So Far

“The Mother Box Origins”

https://youtu.be/VtoaayKwd8w

Mr. Apollo fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Feb 27, 2021

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

McCloud posted:

God it looks gorgeous, I love it!

Someone already pegged Batmans pose to be similar to San Sebastian Of Milan

https://twitter.com/6LO6O6/status/1365728519599308805?s=20

Batman is tied to the pole with Martha’s pearls.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

It looks like the ending will the original ending. During the Q & A session, someone asked Snyder how close ZSJL is to the original JL that he filmed. He said that ZSJL is exactly the same and it is the movie that he originally wanted to make.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Hollismason posted:

What's the original ending of Justice League.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

5 years later card,

Knightmare sequence

Yeah, here’s the storyboard that Jim Lee drew for it:

After the victory over Steppenwolf, the League is shown united and happy. The screen fades to black and then we get this:

Five years later.

Sand dunes. Smoldering solar pits. Gothic spires rising from the desert. Once, this was Gotham. Now, like the rest of the Earth, it belongs to Darkseid.

Coming over the dune, post apocalyptic Batman (as seen in BvS), with a ragtag army of rebels – the surviving members of the Justice League walk over the rise of a dune to see the dilapidated Wayne Manor. Batman leads them. Flash drags what’s left of Cyborg behind him. Bruce looks up to the sky, grimly, “We need to get inside before night. He’s coming.”

End Part One

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

During the Q & A, Snyder that in his original plan, JL2 would have been set almost completely in the Knightmare world.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I like how people in the comments are worried that so many people with hate watch it that WB might think it was a success.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Julius CSAR posted:

Lmao that the dude who wrote that article made an avatar of himself and came up with this

Harry Knowles?

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Top left square should be "Grim / Grimdark"

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Aidan_702 posted:

Huh, they did what?
Near the end of WW84, Diana gives a speech about why "the truth is beautiful" and Beautiful Lie is playing in the background. Jenkins said it was placeholder music used during editing but then she decided she liked it so she kept it in the final version.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

The “Beloved Mother, Beloved Son” chapter is Cyborg’s backstory. It’s about 20 minutes long.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Violator posted:

I hope everyone does their part and pays the $15 for a month of HBO Max to support this after all of these years. :colbert:

Edit: Show those bean counter egg heads we want more Snyder.
I would if I could but HBO Max is included as part of my cable subscription.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/wb-execs-reportedly-impressed-zack-snyders-justice-league/

quote:

WB Execs Reportedly Not Impressed With Zack Snyder’s Justice League

There’ve been plenty of movies ruined by studio interference before, but it’s rare for said studio to then turn around and make a big deal of releasing the director’s original vision. But that’s what’s happening with Zack Snyder’s Justice League, which is finally debuting on HBO Max this month, almost three and a half years after the theatrical edition of the DC team-up film came out. Fans might be thrilled about it, but it sounds like embarrassed Warner Bros. execs are not sharing the hype.

According to scooper Mikey Sutton of Geekosity, execs are “not impressed” with the Snyder Cut, which restores all of what the filmmaker shot back in the day that was thrown out by reshoots director Joss Whedon, meaning it takes the form of a four-hour epic. Despite the positive buzz surrounding the Justice League re-release online, WB higher-ups are said to still be unhappy with it as they never liked what Snyder was doing in the first place.

Sutton claims it was WB’s parent company AT&T that picked up on the #ReleaseTheSnyderCut campaign, saw an opportunity to cash in on the buzz and demanded that it be put into action. With its release imminent, WB apparently has a serious “lack of faith in the project” and “simply want it to go away.” Sutton even says that they dropped the news that J.J. Abrams is working on a Superman reboot last week to pivot attention away from the Snyder Cut.

While we advise taking this with a grain of salt for now, it’s clear that Justice League isn’t a major priority for the studio by where they’ve placed it on their release schedule. It’s out this March 18th, just a couple of weeks before Godzilla vs. Kong drops on March 31st. That doesn’t really give Snyder’s movie much of an opportunity to make an impact before another highly anticipated blockbuster comes along. After all this, though, it’ll certainly be interesting to see how the pic goes down when it arrives later this month.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

In the Batman teaser, when Lex says "If you want the Batman, here is something that can help you." do you think he's talking to Deathstroke on his yacht and reveals that Batman is Bruce Wayne? The ending of JL was supposed to set up the batfleck solo film and Manganiello said that scene had been restored.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Pirate Jet posted:

https://twitter.com/BatmanvSuperman/status/1367613467805569024

“Expanded color” worries me a bit, didn’t they already brighten everything on the digital release?
Yes but Snyder said he adjusted the color grading vs the theatrical release.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

If anyone remembers they actually did fan screenings about 2 - 3 days before the "real" release date of BvS. Every single DC site was like "wow what a flick!" for a couple of days, there was zero "this is a disaster" stuff. Then the critical consensus dropped and that was it.
I mentioned it previously but I was watching some “react” videos on YouTube for the BvS trailers. A lot of the reviewers had correctly worked out the basic plot and they were really hyped for a “dark and serious take” on superheroes. They all posted reviews a few days after the movie release and they were all universally critical. All of the things they complained about were the same things they said they were hyped for.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Wasn't the issue with BvS that they thought it would do so well they had it chopped up to fit more screenings and then were blindsided that people found it hard to follow?
WB ordered the reduction in runtime to fit in one more screening per day because they wanted to make their money back faster.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Chairman Capone posted:

What Faraci did was terrible, but at the same time should not have been a surprise to absolutely anyone.

Actually, not too dissimilar from Whedon, insufferable comics nerd used his performative feminism to get away with being an abusive rear end in a top hat and a mediocre talent, and it taking a lot longer than it should have for the disguise to fall apart.
I remember someone linking me to his twitter and like every other tweet was about his "Zoomer Girlfriend"

Mr. Apollo fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Mar 5, 2021

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

It that line from Jonathan Kent "Fly son, it's time." new?

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

They also transcribed all the notes from the exhibit (?) that was put on with Zack's notes and storyboards by Jim Lee for his 3 movie JL arc.

https://twitter.com/UberKryptonian/status/1367646325089648646?s=20

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Looks like the VFX crew has been working down to the last minute. Here’s an updated image of Uxas.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

The Flash

https://twitter.com/snydercut/status/1368611914000068617?s=12

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I was reading through the JL storyboards again and I thought it was cool that stars in the constellations are disappearing because of Darkseid’s attacks.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Wonder Woman teaser. It's interesting to see that Diana is now wearing a black outfit at the Temple of the Amazons. Instead of the white outfit from earlier previews. Also, I wonder who she's talking to when she says "Show him your fear." and the crowd responds with "We have no fear"

https://twitter.com/snydercut/status/1368960752590016512?s=20

Better quality Darkseid teaser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-whkeJMCic

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Grendels Dad posted:

Is that really WW? I thought that was from when Steppenwolf attacks the Amazonian temple and they try to stop him.
That what I originally thought too but closed captioning has "Diana Prince" saying that line. What if it's a Knightmare scene.

Mr. Apollo fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Mar 8, 2021

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

She's dead in the Knightmare universe (though I guess that could've changed by now, but the trailers still seem to suggest her and Aquaman are both dead).
Right, but maybe this shows her dying in battle against the armies of Apokolips. The movie seems to deal with the beginning of the Knightmare because in the Darkseid teaser we see Darkseid putting his hand on a presumably corrupted Superman's shoulder.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

brawleh posted:

Is this a spoiler? anyway, think this photo was taken at the same exhibit where the storyboard photos came from. The Knightmare future sequence could be pretty long, it's potentially got Mera carrying gas cans at least.

The story boards had a bit from JL 3 where Mera returns to the Batcave carrying Arthur's trident and 2 jugs of water.

"Batman, Deadshot, Flash, and Lantern return to the League's hidden base camp under Wayne Manor. Mera joins them, walking to the camp — across the desert— with Arthur's trident slung across her shoulders carrying two buckets of water. Mera remarks she's had to venture further outside of camp to locate drinkable water."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

McCloud posted:

The Show me your fear line is Hippolyta shouting it at her Amazon army.

It's also a totally :black101:
That makes a lot more sense.