Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

teagone posted:

Why the gently caress would you cut this.

I thought the flashback scenes were mostly kept intact. How much has been cut from all these clips we've seen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

teagone posted:

Hippolyta hyping up her Amazons was not in the theatrical cut. [edit] This is also not a flashback scene; it's when Steppenwolf takes a motherbox. I imagine Whedon butchered the gently caress out of Steppenwolf's arrival/all the action in Themyscira.

[edit 2] Friendly reminder that according to Fabian Wagner (the film's DP) only ~10% of original footage that Snyder photographed was present in the theatrical cut, or roughly 24-30 minutes out of the current 4 hour runtime of ZSJL.

Right. I'm mostly in the dark when it comes to the theatrical cut, but I am curious to see how that fragment of original footage will compare to ZSJL. Not curious enough to ever watch that movie, though, I think that would just bum me out.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

AccountSupervisor posted:

Maaaaan that little detail of her putting her lasso away, busting out her shield and then flipping her sword in her hands :cool:

That scene alone is cooler than anything in WW84.

Also, she just lets go of the lasso in the Josstice clip. Maybe she has spares.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

hiddenriverninja posted:

I will bless the user with plat or a gift certificate that can make this into a usable avatar :pray:

I had to divide the scene in two, but a large cut in frame count was still needed. Scene 2 handled the cut better than 1.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Vintersorg posted:

That’s gonna give someone a seizure.

That's why I put them under spoilers, yeah. These are actually already significantly slowed down, but they'd still need another pass to be viable, at which point you might lose the point of the whole scene.

Also: ZSJL good. One of my favorite little moments was Arthur acknowledging what the team was expecting Victor to do after just watching his father die. He is just a kid, none of this is normal or business as usual.

seravid fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Mar 20, 2021

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Checking some clips from Josstice. I honestly don't know what's worse, the added scenes or the rewritten lines hacked in the original footage.

Amy Adams had to read that as "You smellgood", but there's just no way to fit three words here. And "you smell good" ? Why :psyduck:

edit: Movie Fight

Adams in boring old Earth

vs

Adams animatronic in Tatooine

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

teagone posted:

It's hilarious because I'm pretty sure "You smell good" is ADR'd over the original footage and isn't a reshoot.

It isn't a reshoot, hence Adams' rushing through the new line to make it fit. It plays like an old foreign dub gag. Caught another one in the meantime: Instead of saying "It is. Do it" in the scout ship, Batman says "We have to try". It's real bad and entirely unnecessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

AccountSupervisor posted:

Desaad being like "I fuckin told you dude, that guy suuuucked" and Darkseids "yeah yeah yeah I know" crack me up.

Same. Knowing nothing beforehand of the relationships between the Apokolips gang, I was expecting Darkseid to do the typical villain choke to remind his underling of his place. His actual response was a pleasant surprise!