Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
That’s Amazing.

Although as stated by Ghost Leviathan, the Bernie Bro is the same sort of narrative Hillary folks like to put out to discredit her opponents like she did with Obama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Detective No. 27 posted:

Why has this goddamn forum ended up being the epicenter for American politics since 9/11?

I think 4chan came into existence because of something that happened on these forums. We’re kind of responsible for quite a bit of real world stuff. At point at SA’s peak I think we were the 6th most trafficked site on the web. The paywall helped in a lot of ways too with regards to discussion/posting base as did a more strict moderation and as the goons grew up. Some Debate and Discussion posters are in legit political organizations and whatnot.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Timeless Appeal posted:

It's really hard to judge Leto because of how on the nose and fan fiction-y Batman and Joker's dialogue is. But his performance kind of reminded of Walter Goggins.

I think a Walton Goggins Joker would have been amazing. He’s a great actor and so much fun to watch,

Also the Leto Joker while not iconic like his predecessors is fine. Leto may suck himself but his Joker gets piled on unecessarily. It’s a fine interpretation but I think there’s something not quite natural or there is something artificial about his performance or energy. The other actors seem to channel an almost innate charisma into their performance and Leto isn’t transcendent like them to make the character. Maybe its also because unlike the other films he’s not written to be the focus

I think Leto also has this problem with his other roles but his best one was Lord of War, he felt more genuine in that

Gatts fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Mar 26, 2021

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I’m also sad Amber Herd is a poo poo person because I really liked her Mera in JL and I think she makes a good heroine physically. The armor looks good on her.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
By the hand of the right writer, actor and performance a scene between Darkseid and Joker having a conversation could have been interesting. Say Phoenix’s Joker and Darkseid.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
TLJ is the best Star Wars film. Then the Prequels, then the OG trilogy. Force Awakens and RoS are the worst.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

And yet, game Blouses.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I want to join and watch Justice is Grey but I’ve had cocktails and burgers and tacos and at this point I can’t make it. Have fun guys

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Lol I joined

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The Star Sapphire corps being all-female is just the cringest, and really telling that the whole story was Geoff Johns' idea apparently.

Each Lantern group has it's own Avatar. Ion, the Green Lantern's avatar, is a space whale. The Bull is the Red Latern's avatar symbolizing rage. The Star Sapphire Corps, which is all about love supposedly, is the Predator which looks like this....

On the one hand yes cringe on the other hand saying love is Predatory and being on one end of the spectrum (Green/Will being the center) I don't know if it was him thinking he's having a clever moment or what to come up with it but I don't know what Johns was trying to say, especially if the Sapphire Corps are all women.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Mar 28, 2021

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Neurolimal posted:

I actually kind of like the idea of the spirit animals representing extreme manifestations of the represented emotion, and there's plenty of cases where love can give way to an unhealthy, predatory obsession. As far as Geoff Johns' stupid bullshit goes, I dont think it's his worst idea (and gives the Star Sapphires a more interesting edge than they'd have without)

The "all-female" part is just stupid though. Make Superman a Star Sapphire tia

As long as he gets the crotch window like the women get boob windows

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Where’s my Jay and Silent Bob show up at Battfleck’s manor scene, Snyder?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Alfred interacting with the Justice League is just always hilarious.

Jeremy Irons can be so awesome. He should have been Batman or something.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The “overpowered” excuse is a fault of the limitations of the writer/creator and his/her lack of imagination. And if all superhero stories are just about a villain bashing a hero versus other stories that can be told then it doesn’t speak cool of the demands/expectations of the audience.

Besides, Barry was hit by a weapon and stopped and had to go through extraordinary lengths to reverse everything

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
It’s all about being a strike force until Batman dates Diana and impregnates Lois

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I’d like a side story what if that Clark would have gone “Well just wait, Zod, before you do your thing what if we have some really good beer and whiskey and you try some earth food and pet a cat?”

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

I am there.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Now I understand that video when Affleck's in an interview with Cavill promoting JL and suddenly has this distant depressed face as "Hello Darkness my old friend" plays.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

2house2fly posted:

I think the Hello Darkness interview was for BvS? I did see a video where Affleck goes through his filmography and talks about his experiences making the movies, and he was really enthusiastic talking about BvS and then his face just fell when JL came up.

E: ^^^^yeah, that one!

Was it? drat, I thought it was for JL.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Snyder doing a meditative and atmospheric Metroid movie would be cool.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Zack Snyder’s Leisure Suit Larry

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Roth posted:

You'll never guess what GBS thread they post in

Lol really?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

garycoleisgod posted:

I loved the bit about the Douchebag #1 investor telling him how to write Batman. I'm imagining him having coke sniffles while talking about the rich are the true heroes.

I’m imagining the guy from Die Hard that tries to schmooze Hams Gruber

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Is it possible to dunk on WB so hard and build that movement that HBO-ATT fires everyone in management?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Away all Goats posted:

I like the interpretation that the V represents Wonder woman. Her tiara has a V shape to it and she literally comes between them

“On my Island the V stands for VAGINA. Because we are all lesbians you see.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Although it never had a chance to addressed in the movies, I believe the New Gods like Darkseid come from a realm outside of our universe. So the battlefield could have been some kind of other realm where the Gods reside. I think this also contributes to why Darkseid may not recall where Earth is because it's one of numerous universes his forces invade. Plus comedy option, trauma or hiding his embarassment. I think Snyder said something to the effect that very few who were there are now alive in the years since Darkseid's invasion so history is lost to time.