Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I know it streams on Thursday, but I assume it’s one time worldwide, right?

No ability to do VPN like shenanigans I assume?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Apollo posted:

Snyder said before he left he showed WB 3 cuts; a 3 hour cut, a 2hr 40 minute cut, and a 2hr 20 minute cut. They told him to go back and make it 2 hours and that's when he decided to leave.

And then WB first let Autumn be the reason (which honestly it was, the Zack and Deborah were trying to do it, but (quite understandably couldn’t), and then WB leaked out oh it’s because he hosed up, the daughter reason was us just being nice.

It’s amazing just how much WB were dicks, I know people who really don’t like Zack’s vision and even they agree WB were monumental scum and they’re happy Zack can put out his version, even if they doubt they’ll like it.

The funny thing is the whole Zack controversy in general is kind of weird, because unlike Joss, I’ve never heard anyone, industry or otherwise, have a bad thing to say about him or his wife. The cast and crew’s on his films all love him, his sets seem to be like a family working together, you never hear horror stories. Like it’s almost kind of perversely humorous in a way.

Also when Deborah heard about stuff, she actually reported it to WB, which is something I respect.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Apollo posted:

*Attendees must have an HBO Max account

Well that link answers my question about when it’s available....well unless it’s just for that event.

Does anyone know for sure when it will be on HBOMax and if the time is a global release?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blood Boils posted:

Snyder is on his 3rd marriage I think? He's probably an American centrist politically? He's a Christian Scientist?

These are the "worst" things that we know about, and they're not even necessarily problematic nor do they have any bearing on his filmography!

Compare that to Superman Returns...the most cursed Superman of all time (nothing against Routh)

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Axel Serenity posted:

He's very nice and always supported the department I was in at the studio when most of the productions found us super annoying.

I'm excited to finally watch this. Everything that went down with the original was super depressing to hear about, and it'll be nice to see him get some vindication. I just hope it actually pulls in more than just the extremely online crowd who have been keeping tabs on it. Who knows if enough of the average watcher will look at HBO Max for it.

That’s cool to read. Like I said, it’s so weird he is so insanely divisive to people...when honestly he seems like a good human being, runs a professional set, treats people with respect...I mean he wasn’t even a dick to his minders on the set (granted at least one of them wasn’t happy about being a minder). That’s even ignoring the list of basic things you shouldn’t do, by virtue of having a basic sense of morality and don’t really deserve a pat on the back for...granted that is a bit of a challenge for Bryan Singer of Joss.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

roffels posted:

Are you just saying that because of Bryan Singer and Kevin Spacey, or are there stories to go with that?

Singer and Spacey. I don’t know of any stories offhand, I haven’t looked into it, but I have no trouble in believing that bad things by those two probably happened during filming. Not I’m concert, just their normal awful behavior.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I’m rewatching a lot of the extras for MoS and BvS and one thing that gets talked about there, but often doesn’t come up is the dress of Bruce Wayne and it’s austerity. I have to say I just absolutely loving love the dress of Wayne, it is austere, but just so good and classy looking. Like goddamn I wish I could wear something that nice, even though I love casual wear and also goddamn I don’t have that body. Also for what it’s worth I’ve definitely seen Zack wearing similar vest outfits to Bruce a few times in pictures and BTS footage.

I’m actually thinking of picking up the BvS art book, Amazon has it for like half off, because I just love the look of things. It’s funny how I’ve come around on Zack’s movies, because besides Dawn, I really only like the DC movies. One funny thing was I used to dislike and goof on the lighting and color as much as most, but honestly BvS doesn’t suffer from that and I think it’s due to his regular DP Larry Fong (?) shooting it vs MoS. I still think MoS can be odd in some scenes, but honestly it’s less and less each time I’ve watched it.

Also am I the only one hoping that Christina Wren (Carrie Farris), pops up in the movie too? It would also feel odd with Superman’s thirsty fan not being in it.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Mar 17, 2021

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alexander Hamilton posted:

It's so great, especially since they are so different as directors. It'd be like if Tarantino and, I don't know, Brett Ratner used the same raw footage to make a movie.

Somewhat related. A friend told me that Zack said that the Black Zero Event was designed so it can be combined by fans if they wanted to themselves. Is that actually something he said? As someone who wanted to be an editor once, I think it’s an incredible cool thing and I’m always mesmerized by how well it works in terms of continuity.

Honestly the only thing that prevents most edits from looking dead one, would be figuring out how to score the scene, since the music for both is great, but also very tonally different. I have a friend interviewing Junkie XL for for the Kong press junket and he said he’d ask him, if they have any time or the ability to discuss non Kong stuff, if I get him the question. I just need to figure out how to make it succinct to make it clear.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It was so so good. I loved it. Everything was better, and hell just more logical.

I also thought the chapters fantastic much like issues in a comic book series. Honestly this would function fine as a mini series.

So we know Whedon’s a creep and rear end in a top hat...but looking at how he cut out so much of Fisher, Morton, and the stuff involving Reed and Victors Mom...is he also a racist rear end in a top hat?

I figure if he tried pulling this stuff on Samuel L Jackson, he’d get his rear end kicked, but on a smaller actor looking for their break...like Fisher I can see it.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Memnaelar posted:

I can definitely see why, all of the unrevealed abuse aside, Fisher was flat-pissed with what became of his storyline in the original cut. Just gross what was left over.

Oh yeah, even if some targets of Fisher’s anger may not have done anything to deserve it (I hear Hamada mentioned as one), I couldn’t even began to criticize him for being so angry. This should have been a huge stepping stone for him...and Joss turned him into a bland and milquetoast black sidekick.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MacheteZombie posted:

i didnt realize that, that's a bummer there aren't subs.

Yes there are.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

weekly font posted:

Joss Whedon absolutely, unironically has referred to himself as a "nice guy" at multiple points in his life. I guarantee it.
He’s basically the inverse of Zack.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

weekly font posted:

Dude definitely digs himself some Ayn Rand even if it is absolutely not to the extent shithead youtube essayists will ascribe to him.

If that’s the worst sin a Hollywood director commits...I’m cool with it.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ego-bot posted:

I liked Bruce Wayne being completely unfazed when Martian Manhunter shows up on his porch.

An alien species he's never encountered, "hey, what's up?"

I would have kind of liked him to act like it was someone hitting him up for money.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

to be clear, it's not as funny as his profile

:hmmyes:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Roth posted:

Anybody have any interesting reads of the movie yet? I've been focusing on how sick and cool it was

Joss Whedon is also a racist, along with being a prick,and Zack Snyder is super progressive with handling of casting and characters who are POC.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AccountSupervisor posted:

Uh...thats directing?

That doesnt even register on the scale as far as crazy poo poo directors have done or said to get performances.

You should read his other tweets. lol

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

G-III posted:

I recommend checking out this documentary about the infamous 90s dr moreau movie which went through the exact scenario you're discussing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4xun1vi4C0

Have you heard the recent Richard Stanley news?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Necrothatcher posted:

Leto seems like a pretty gross dude, but it's kinda nuts how some art project music festival one-off thing has turned into "he is a cult leader".

Honestly even ignoring that he’s just always seemed like a tool who thinks way too highly of himself without anything to back it up. I will say his joker voice also stinks, though oddly not his laugh, and the JL look is far better then the Joker of Allentown or Rural Ohio in Suicide Squad.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

John Wick of Dogs posted:

So, a fan fiction from 2010, and anonymous forum posters including one who says their friend has a picture of a text message from another friend that's totally going to come out any day now. This is just nothing.

Well you managed to piss off someone enough for them to spend money on you. lol

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can someone explain the used condone thing?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

2house2fly posted:

the anti-life equation as a concept is so batshit that I'm really stuck on it. There is an equation, but not one written down just present in like, the atomic structure of the planet, and this equation doesn't exist anywhere else in the universe, and when you know the equation it reveals that life is pointless. What the gently caress????????? I really want to read the original comics it was in now because it's totally nuts
Very much so. At the very least you want to watch Empire before Jedi. Ideally you'd watch New Hope and Empire before Jedi, but New Hope and Empire instead of Jedi is also acceptable

DC Universe Infinite currently has a 7 day free trial.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bushisms.txt posted:

During Skwad press tours rumors came out that Leto was sending the cast poo poo like the used condoms and dead rats to be method. Apparently it was super overblown.

Apparently the dude's still a piece of poo poo regardless of that, but I'll admit he had a good scene. His laugh was pretty much perfect.

I know he send someone a box of ammo in the mail...and assuming he just stuck it in the regular mail, he committed a federal felony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

teagone posted:

I wish I still had my old behemoth 19" Samsung 997DF 1920x1440 CRT monitor to watch the Snyder Cut on.

That sounds like it would make an awesome environmental weapon...sorry I’ve been playing a lot of Hitman recently.

I really don’t begrudge people for being weird about the 4x3. As mentioned in this thread, for years 4x3 (which isn’t even accurate cause it’s IMAX ratio in this case) meant pan and scan or full frame. I mean I remember buying the ID4 and widescreen vhs by chance and Fox had a promo touting widescreen and honestly it took my head a little time to wrap around it, because the whole idea of part of a film being cut off and your not buying the full movie or even offered seemed kind of crazy to me. I couldn’t believe you’d even do such a thing. I’m sure I’m not alone in that surprise. I think it’s fine and oddly less distracting because everything is center focused and it’s actually easier to watch, but I’m not also surprised that some feels it’s a weird scam or issue. Especially after the years of battling to get rid of pan and scan and then widescreen pan and scan for tv broadcasts (which is still a thing).

I should say I still love widescreen and for something like a Cheng Chen movie I wouldn’t want anything but that.