Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Gamers rise up Batman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

ImpAtom posted:

"Everyone says that about "Batman Begins." "Batman's dark." I'm like, "Okay, no, Batman's cool." He gets to go to a Tibetan monastery and be trained by ninjas. Okay? I want to do that. But he doesn't, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie. If you want to talk about dark, that's how that would go."

So?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Thats fine. All I’ve done is done things for myself at this point

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Bill Mahr sucks rear end and shouldn’t be listened too even if he has a point.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That pic forgets the predator thing at the end of the predator

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s not a predator, it’s a predator iron man suit

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Blood Boils posted:

We got those cute Whedon character moments though. The thirst, the brunch, the ~smiles~ that mean it's fun*

The boobies

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

DC Murderverse posted:

Both him and Danny DeVito are good fits for “wisecracking talking Pikachu” in a vacuum, but as long term decisions they’re very odd-fitting and maybe not great, given Pikachu turns out to be the human lead’s dad. Ryan Reynolds feels way too young to have a son that’s not just an adult but an adult who has been in the workforce long enough to feel jaded. And that wouldn’t be an issue if they didn’t return him to his body, meaning that any sequel is gonna have to either find a way to shove Reynolds back into his Pikachu or we’re getting an entire movie where we’re confronted with Ryan Reynolds having a kid who looks like he’s maybe a decade younger than him. I’m sure they had discussions about this but at this point I’m only 50/50 on whether we’ll actually get a sequel.
Justice Smith’s character just turned 21 in the film

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Probably nothing. They probably they’re just adding to the discussion that not everything is about film twitter

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Basebf555 posted:

Jupiter Ascending has it's supporters in CineD(I'm one of them), but god help you out in the real world if you ever say you like it. People get hostile about it, they loving hate Jupiter Ascending.

I hate this movie entirely because of Redmayne.

I also hate Redmayne entirely because of this movie.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Basebf555 posted:

It's an absurd performance that would be out of place in almost any other movie but for Jupiter Ascending I think it works.

That movie also just gets under my skin. It’s everything I don’t like wrapped into a long rear end package.

Glad the Wachowskis made it but idk

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

McCloud posted:

What on earth do you have against him?

You know when people say “ugh his face annoys me” that’s Eddie for me. Every time I see him in a film he’s so dang weird.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

FilthyImp posted:

Counterpoint: he'd be an amazing live-action Dib.

Noooo.

Also Dib is Mexican.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Robot Style posted:

"Make your own future / Make your own past"

Reminder that this guy's dad is Doctor Manhattan.

Also the father of the xenomorphs

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

pospysyl posted:

He's also a lot of fun in Free Fire. Guy's got a great voice.

He was good in Monsters.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Why don’t you just spit in my mouth instead?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Maybe. Maybe not.

But this is enough to show she’s a massive idiot on every single possible level. I don’t know why Zack is talking to her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9r8r_-vOVU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

John Wick of Dogs posted:

What is it, I don't have YouTube on my current wifi network. Is she like a comics-gater or Starwars-truther or something?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Well I'm sure in the full context of the video SJW means "Sacred Jedi Warriors"

She talks about how Disney is targeting older SJWs instead of the conservative original fans and children. Which is lmao

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Roth posted:

Yeah, but he got made fun of on Twitter by people going "What the gently caress" at Black Widow calling herself a monster for not being able to have kids

The best one was “baloney man”

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Halo is the best video game franchise ever so it’s a good thing in my book.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Nm

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

McCloud posted:

Yes! And I'm arguing its merits with a ghost.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

How about another review, Murray?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I dont like or trust ralph the movie maker. But im talking entirely about the youtoober not the person that brought him up. I just soured on ralph p early. A bit too dang smug and if he has industry connections lol. That's weird.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

And also the MCU doesn’t erase the bad movies. Endgame used a lot of age of Ultron and Thor the dark world.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I would say David Lynch makes challenging films and often people are confused

It happens.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Snyder bros

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

So in 2003 the alien quadrilogy had an assembly cut of Alien 3. The extra scenes were unfinished and rough. The audio was broken for a lot of these extra scenes. It added a lot. It was almost like a new film. But it was incomplete.

For the anthology they remastered the clips and had actors including Weaver and Dance come back for ADR to complete it. And now when you watch it it’s a complete movie.

So does that mean the assembly cut didn’t exist because they didn’t spend money touching it up?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Disney did it with Solo. And we’ll never see that footage.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yes. They really do.

People on twitter have no idea what it takes to even make a 70 dollar movie.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Schwarzwald posted:

God, that'd another one I'd love to see.

I hate solo so much because they fired two of my favorite filmmakers for some bland rear end poo poo.

Maybe OG solo sucked rear end and wasnt funny. But I’d rather see it over what we got.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

roffels posted:

The budget for the first Superman movie in the 1970s was $55 million, to help put things in perspective.

To put it into a better perspective 55 million today, according to the inflation calculator is $221,867,638.04.

So.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m fine with endgame being the last big blockbuster crowd pleaser ever if that’s the case. I ain’t seen anything like that.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lmao why Sean Connery

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Godzilla 2014 was another perfect crowd movie. That thing is perfection. I can’t wait to rewatch it. But I gotta wait until closer to GvK

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The only person who’s seen the work print is Zack Snyder

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I think one of my favorite parts of Aquaman is the music montage out of loving nowhere when Black Manta makes his suit like ask of a sudden you're watching Iron Man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCT9yal72kk

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

When flash tries to fistbump cyborg he says this

Why

Barry Allen is 7 years old.

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Mar 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

No. Just two random thoughts while rewatching JL.

How lazy are where you gently caress up that bad with a DOB.