Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

It's been a long time since I read Interview with the Vampire, but I don't remember it as particularly bloated? Tbf I am mostly imagining the film probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Raged posted:

Thank god. I cause I won't give a poo poo or remember half of the overwrought poorly paced wank that makes up his or any of his DC films tomorrow.

:confused: But you'll be right back bitching about this again and again though?

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

FizFashizzle posted:

When I was younger I read my mothers books. She had all of Steven King's stuff so I read the usual.

She also loved Anne Rice, and I got my hands on one of the books of the Sleeping Beauty Quartet. That was a uh.....eye opening read.

Oh, my condolences. Those things are gross.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Miching Mallecho posted:

"Zack Snyder does not give a gently caress about normal people." -Jay

He said that about the Snyder Cut, and Snyder superheroe movies in general, has the problem with Heroes being treated as gods and regular people get shafted.

I guess Superman saving the world in MOS and sacrificing himself in BvS doesn't count.

It's a wierd complaint when the snydercut is full of scenes where the heroes are shown to care about normal people. Not just more so than in the whedon version, but above average for the genre too, I'd argue.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

smug n stuff posted:

I might be misunderstanding, but I don't think the "concern" is about whether or not the heroes care about normal people, but whether or not the movie cares, if that makes sense? Like, showing heroes saving people is still focusing on the heroes. I think whether or not that matters is extremely arguable but I think the point is slightly different from what you're saying.

Well, I suppose. But then I'd like to know which are the movies that do this "right", so to speak.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Like, okay, Aquaman's fully living life of a pagan god

I love this, and stuff like the crowd reaching out to touch Superman in BvS

Has this been a thing in superhero movies? At the very least there should be cults forming around Thor, surely

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Aidan_702 posted:

I don't know if this is the thing you're in fact referring to but in one the spider-man films there's a building in the background that says 'the korean church of asguard'

I wasn't aware no, but that's pretty cool. It always seemed to me it should be a way bigger deal to find out that hey, norse mythology was basically 85% real

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Timeless Appeal posted:

-- Why didn't the Mother Boxes call out to Steppenwolf before Superman was a thing?

kinda funny how this is actually a question in the Whedon version iirc, since he cuts out the scream waking them up

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

2house2fly posted:

Plus at some point the bank is going to notice that someone has more money than they should and investigate. Best-case scenario, they take the money back out of her account.

They'd only notice if he let them, much less do anything about it

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Browsing some of the reddit/otherforums discussion my new favourite thing are the dozens of people complaining that after WW saves the building (lol) from blowing up, she destroys it anyway. She might as well not have showed up!

It's very funny to me.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

The Fountainhead is cool but also exactly twice as long as it needed to be. Just a completely redundant second half that goes over the same journey again, or at least that's what I remember.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

I believe that the recent news confirms a theory of mine:

Aquaman was originally shot to resemble Man Of Steel, being lit for high contrast and relatively-desaturated colour grading.

Going by the timeline, production on Aquaman began in late 2016, but WB didn’t make the hard pivot to Josstice style until pretty much the instant Snyder stepped down in May of 2017. Aquaman’s blinding technicolor look (e.g. Mera’s Jolly Rancher hair dye) must have been mandated after shooting had already began.

If you look at what Whedon did to Snyder’s footage, there are some minor tweaks to the tint and whatever, but he basically just doubled the saturation and reduced the contrast by like 60%. And, indeed, simply doubling the contrast and cutting the saturation in half makes Aquaman look: A) extremely good B) near-identical to the original concept art and C) much closer to Snyder Cut’s depiction of Atlantis.

Normally, you’d have to go in and tweak individual shots to make them look acceptable, but WB evidently just applied this blanket effect to everything.

Interesting. Some shot comparisons of this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Schwarzwald posted:

I dunno. I think Batman got overconfident and was drat lucky he could get another shot off.

Ya, that looked genuine to me and was a pretty funny moment