Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Don't say cripple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Firstborn posted:

Cool

Hahahaha. I recognize like two things from this. Is that Ultron and the Silver Samurai they put in The Wolverine?
This is gonna be good

I see Megatron(or maybe Galvatron) and the war machine thing from the first Thor

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/snydercut/status/1362621882558607362?s=19

Well that pretty much confirms that I think

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I hope it's Zauriel

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

AccountSupervisor posted:

If its Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern as rumored and theres not a solid explanation for why it will probably the first major creative decision Snyders made that has me truly scratching my head

It's Ryan Reynolds as Pikachu

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I didn't used to like him but around Detective Pikachu and Hobbs and Shaw I started to say to myself "You know what Ryan Reynolds you're alright"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Too much liability. Ideally you are making sequels, and Devito seems like a guy who could drop dead any day, you don't want to have to recast.

Brilliant idea releasing two weeks after Endgame

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ryan reynolds is old enough to be a grandpa and probably is one

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Zack Snyder Kamen Ryder

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I wonder if there will be any other marketing releases before the movie

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Feb 24, 2021

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Gatts posted:

I would be good with a Keenan Jon Stewart GL too.

Thompson or Waynes?

Both would be fine by me

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I hope if that is all true they greenlight an animated movie

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Pirate Jet posted:

I would too, but I think comics are the best case scenario barring some ludicrous scenario where HBO Max doubles its subscriptions in March.

Like I said, animated movie I think is possible. Cheaper than a feature, maybe even can get the cast.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The thing about Keaton is he's danced with the devil in the pale moonlight

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Snowman_McK posted:

As another reason films are wasted on film twitter, the consensus is that they 'just tried to make him the joker' and I can't tell which character they misunderstood worse.

If they're talking about Heath Ledger I can see what they mean, the second half of Dark Knight is all him conducting insane social experiments to prove a point.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

2house2fly posted:

What are the odds that the detonators he gave them would have actually blown up the boat of the person who pressed it

Actually they would have blown up The Joker cause he is just that crazy

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I didn't like TDKR cause it seemed kind of explicitly Copaganda to me

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I will admit I've grown soft on other criticism of the movie.

Like when it came out I agreed with a lot of people saying "How did Batman get back into Gotham!? This is a huge plot hole!" But now I'm like "He's loving Batman, he could easily get back who cares about the specifics"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm taking the day off work March 26 to get my COVID-vax so I will probably wait and watch it then

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Wasn't the issue with BvS that they thought it would do so well they had it chopped up to fit more screenings and then were blindsided that people found it hard to follow?

They ordered that shorter version well before it was previewed I think

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I remember people hating it from the moment the title was announced and saying the title was stupid.

Overall I think people's expectations going in was Batman would be "the good guy" and "set Superman straight" for things they believed were in Man of Steel. That was what they were hyped for, but it came out quite the opposite. And towards the end the ads started to just spoil the whole film. Wonder how different it might have hit if everybody didn't know doomsday showed up two weeks before opening night.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I like some movies that are probably bad

Jupiter Ascending
Valerian

In the 2000s film criticism went from "I didn't like this movie" to "gently caress you. gently caress this movie. gently caress this director. What a piece of poo poo."

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/snydercut/status/1368245388759638017?s=19

I love this post apocalyptic Batman suit so much

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mr. Apollo posted:

Wonder Woman teaser. It's interesting to see that Diana is now wearing a black outfit at the Temple of the Amazons. Instead of the white outfit from earlier previews. Also, I wonder who she's talking to when she says "Show him your fear." and the crowd responds with "We have no fear"

https://twitter.com/snydercut/status/1368960752590016512?s=20

Better quality Darkseid teaser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-whkeJMCic

I think "Show him your fear" was in the original cut and she shouted it at Steppenwolf

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

HBOMax also has like zero discoverability. It's hard to find anything on it.

Also they have an exclusive deal with Samsung so if you have a different brand of smart tv gently caress you you're gonna need an external device taking up a precious hdmi port.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The US Space program explores a passing comet and finds some kind of strange container. The astronauts open it.

Granny Goodness: Aaaaahhhh! After 10,000 years I'm free!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/GraceRandolph/status/1370069975411662853?s=19

This lady is the one who did the interview with Snyder a couple days ago but does she have any credibility on stuff like this? Seems entirely wishful thinking. Also I don't think Snyder would do a WW film unless Patty Jenkins specifically asked him to.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

AccountSupervisor posted:

Patty might be busy with Star Wars and Cleopatra so might step away from Wonder Woman 3, but no way in hell would Zack want anyone other than a woman to direct it even if they tried to give it to him.

Also I think everyones overblowing the line from that article. I immediately understood it as just saying that ultimately that specific scene being cut was made by Snyder over others. Its an innocent creative decision. He could have cut others, but he chose that one. Sure, it was part of the overall cuts influenced by WBs 2 hour mandate, but the choice for that specific scene/character was still Snyders if Im reading right.

Are people even reacting negatively to the idea he cut it or insuating nefarious reasons? I understand Snyders image is constantly tarnished for no reason but this seems a bit hyper-defensive and reactionary fueled by twitter paranoia.

Directed by Deborah Snyder

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

CelticPredator posted:

Maybe. Maybe not.

But this is enough to show she’s a massive idiot on every single possible level. I don’t know why Zack is talking to her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9r8r_-vOVU

What is it, I don't have YouTube on my current wifi network. Is she like a comics-gater or Starwars-truther or something?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He made a 2 hour 20 minute version before he left. If Fisher says Iris was in it I believe him, cause THR certainly hasn't seen that version but Fisher might have.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Well I'm sure in the full context of the video SJW means "Sacred Jedi Warriors"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

CelticPredator posted:

She talks about how Disney is targeting older SJWs instead of the conservative original fans and children. Which is lmao

Well in the prequels Anakin definitely targeted children

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

McCloud posted:

Grace was the one that spread a rumor that the plot of black mask was him trying to get back a diamond (correct) because it had his dick pic inside it (not correct)

So you know, land of contrasts and all that

I could see that being in an earlier script version, like how the delorean used to be a refrigerator

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/Itssan17/status/1370758248589107202?s=19

This ad has OMEGA BEAMS

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Another guy whose career got hosed is Chris Terrio.

First BvS is cut of a lot of context through studio demand and a lot of people hate it. Next Justice League completely rewritten and mostly reshot and his name is on it. Next he's pulled in to work on Star Wars given impossible demand to "fix" what wasn't broken and hit specific bullet points, and that is even constantly rewritten during shooting and in editing and he is the one a lot of fans primarily blame.

I'm sure Terrio probably has a better shot at continual work than Fisher but his reputation has been dragged through the trash.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

How do we know deathstroke isn't just a halo fan

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Another secret easter egg, that's a U, for Uncut

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I have seen one negative review so far, from Scott Mendelson, who wrote quite ridiculously that it is the same exact film with 2 hours of deleted scenes(calls it an assembly cut). But even he says the action is much better, Cyborg is the stand out, and WB should have released this version instead of the one they did.

I am expecting the skeleton of the main plot is basically the same, that Steppenwolf is getting the motherboxes to change Earth and the league has to unite to stop them, but simplifying that to "2 hours of deleted scenes" is so ridiculous it makes me question whether the guy has ever watched movies before.

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Mar 15, 2021

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

This is the same critic (who I've cropped out)

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

At the end of WW she literally has a breakdown and kills like dozens of confused and disoriented jerries.

It's always funny to be when people say WW shouldn't kill because for the last 30 years she's been the member of the Justice League willing to do it when necessary