Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

CelticPredator posted:

Bill Mahr sucks rear end and shouldn’t be listened too even if he has a point.
Yeah.

This is the guy that made a whole film of ":smug: heh, religion? :smuggo:" Who the gently caress is he telling to grow up when he acts like a 15 year old who just discovered athiesm.

quote="Jimbot" post="512553106"]
These are probably the same people who thought selling WB's share in Joker was a good bet then it went on to make over a billion dollars.

Bunch of geniuses at WB!
[/quote]
I wish I could get paid thousands to just make bad decisions all day.

"Say, does Batman NEED to wear black? What if he had. Uh, like a camouflage Bat-Cape that blends into things! And a super-bright flashlight built into his chest symbol. And a smart-talking AI car!"

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Feb 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I hope it is Kyle Rayner just because

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
How bput Mikey Keaton as Old Man Wayne

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

:barf::vomarine::allbuttons:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Just some rando responding to a Variety article.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
It ties in with the Global Simultaneous Release I think. But yeah, oof, those hours.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Guy A. Person posted:

I'm pretty inoculated against silly comic bullshit but if anything the bigger issue with the Infinity Stones isn't the name(s) but the fact that they are all weird different things with different properties from movie to movie
:spidey: So these stones....

:drac: they condense the fundamental matter and energy of the universe into objects of unimaginable power

:spidey: Ah, of course. Matter, Antimatter, the Strong For-

:drac: Wha? N-no! Time, Space, Power, Reality, Mind, Soul... tf u talking about?!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

CelticPredator posted:

You know when people say “ugh his face annoys me” that’s Eddie for me. Every time I see him in a film he’s so dang weird.
Counterpoint: he'd be an amazing live-action Dib.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Move so fast his shoes disintegrate. :flashfact:

I was gonna say that people looking at these are gonna go "lol these are all in Josstice League" but that completed Iris save is siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Detective No. 27 posted:

No. Joss minimized the roles of POC in any way he could.
Ray Fisher said they literally had a discussion about how bad it would be for the box office to have an "angry black man" at the center of the film :gibs:

The Iris scene was previously half-finished CGI meshed in with the filmed assets. Stuff like low poly "glass" deforming and shattering under Barry's speed-touch, no shoesplosion, etc

God drat I love that Flash scene.. stuff like him gently using the barest tips of his fingers to adjust her position and then kind of using her momentum-arc to cradle her and place her down. Just amazing use of speed-conscious physicality.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Julius CSAR posted:

Holy poo poo
Momoa literally tweeted something akin to "I see through this bullshit and you're not gonna buy me off with frosty the loving snowman I support my brother Ray"

Considering all the ratfucking, an embarrassed exec going "release the first hour so people can say it sucks/it's the same movie and no one will say I hosed up" is far from crazy.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

KVeezy3 posted:

"I'm not broken.. and I'm not alone."
Cyborg's story is going to make me cry, confirmed.
Reminder that Joss tossed that in the trash in favor of booyah

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Gatts posted:

I imagine the whole dark-light/contrast would work well. I should get an OLED.
HBO Max did not run beautifully off my PS5.

I need the 4k Snydercut disc.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
It took a few days, but the hot takes are here, mother!

GAZE INTO THE ANTILIFE

Justice League’s Snyder Cut saga reminds us which fans’ voices get heard
The HBO Max release of the fabled “Snyder Cut” happened thanks to a mix of entitlement, harassment, and privilege.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

RBA Starblade posted:

"Hopepunk" as a term's been around a while and it's never described anything good
Steven Universe and Nu She-Ra were both described as HopePunk and it was fuckin duuuuuuuumbb

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I prefer Snyderpunk

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Augus posted:

it's interesting how joss whedon's real-life abuse of the cast and crew on the set of Justice League isn't deemed worth even briefly mentioning
"people were dicks about wanting something online, the horror"

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Martman posted:

Brain-poisoned GBSers have convinced themselves that Flash groped Iris in the scene where he saves her in the Snydercut. It's amazing how this stuff just accidentally works out where like, Whedon includes gross objectification and fetishization, they say nothing, then this comes out and they literally just imagine stuff happening because they think Snyder loves [bad thing].
Yeah, saw that too. Reflects more on the poster though. What gently caress

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

gregday posted:

So the problem is that it happens in lots and lots of other places where it’s not warranted or adds anything, like the football game.
I took it as Cyborg reliving the memory of his last triumph (and great dissappointment) before the accident so of course it's a grandiose and epic thing.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Sepia tinted does t sound as hoity as monochrome

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

fatherboxx posted:

This being the movie shot five years ago makes Cavill a bit distracting because he looks like CW superman compared to his absolute brickhouse stature in the Witcher
Honestly the costume never did him any favors. Remember the shirtless run in MoS?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Marvel famously had trouble getting the Gray for Hulk to work with their printers so they just made him green.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Detective No. 27 posted:

Good thing the Justice League director has a track record of getting and using input from his cast members. I heard Flash being into Yoga was Miller's idea and Snyder loved it.
There's probably a fun Ultimates-style Earth-7 project where Ultimate Flash is like Ultimate Thor, crunchy new age hippie into "vibrational resonance" and "healing crystal wavelengths" because that's how he sees his powerset and the world.

Yoga Flash was great because of course the focus/stretching would help a speedster.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Doom2020! posted:

This is going to sound weird but I promise I am not trolling. I don't think Leto is THAT bad.
The epilogue was better than SS but it also hewed closer to tradjoker. There's just a hint of trying too hard that keeps it from being good.

The SS interpretation was an apt update but I think people loving hate mumblerappers and their dumb face tattoos so it didn't land. That and his relationship with Harl just made him slimy.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Jimbot posted:

It's also not bad for a kind of confusing project. 1.8 million views isn't bad at all and it looks like it penetrated into the marketplace.
1.8 M for a 4 hour flick vs 1.7 for an hour pilot [or is it 30 minutes]? Seems impressive

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

well why not posted:

I'd always chalked it up to backlash from being the first to follow Ledger.
Ehhhh. Brave and the Bold had an OK Joker, and I'm pretty sure Brent Spiner's take is equally reviled.

For me, it's stuff clicking together like the dumb smile outline, him sitting around brooding I'm a circle of weapons including an assault rifle or 6, collapsing in a laugh. None of that really works for me.

Azzarello did a really good Joker one-shot and it seems like this portrayal draws from it.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I can't remember what the general reaction to Phoenix's Joker reveal.
It was "LOL Joaquin Phoenix? And it's not the same Joker from the Skwaad? And it's set in 1970s New York/Gotham wtfman!"

Then some leaks with the suit that were okish.

Then the trailer with the great music and people went "wait... wait is this going to be good?! :aaa:"

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Mar 26, 2021

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Spacebump posted:

Is the Knightmare future a timeline where the mother boxes merged or could it still happen with Darkseid coming/"using the old ways"?
Possible future where the League is distracted and Darkseid takes them out in turn, possibly because Superman falls to Anti-Life after Batman fails to keep Lois safe.

I like that it's a possible future, and I entertain the idea that the BvS Knightmare is another possible future (one where Batman doesn't assemble the league, hence the different encounter with Superman). There, Batman is obsessed with killing Superman. In the JL Knightmare, he might have a plan to undo his failure.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I think you absolutely need the JL2 film where the heroes are further along their personal goals but end in a low point.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
TLJ ends with an interesting setup:
Ren is shown to be a hypocrite and liar (his throw the past away screed is only in service of his own power), Rey is set on a path of personal training without dogma or a teacher, and the Rebels are shown that their traditional insurrection has no support.

But that leads you to a bunch of potentially great stuff. Rey struggling while developing her own philosophy (more grey? More rooted in actual teachings instead of dogma?), Ren increasingly isolated due to his being obsessed with Rey to the detriment of his war machine, the rebels fighting an ideological war instead of a traditional battle-based fight.

Instead they went with..ugh

Aidan_702 posted:

I really dont get what happened with Finn - even the first Force Awakens trailer makes it seem that Finn is both the main character and a Jedi

We can't have a black guy get with the white lady.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

The United States posted:

Here's a fan-comic based on the early drafts of the original story: https://awinegarner.squarespace.com/duel-of-the-fates
Oh my God this is so much better than the flaccid 2-pump dump they gave us. Goddamn.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Jerk McJerkface posted:

I hated TLJ because Luke says "what'd you expect? Me to pick up a laser sword and fight the empire all on my own?" And at the time I was like yes, exactly that. That is what I want in my Star Wars.
One of the things I like about TLJ is how it contradicts itself continuously.

Luke's speech that one man alone can't fight the entire Empire, then he goes and does just that.

Leia calling out for the cavalry, only to be answered with silence.

Rey being told The Force is more powerful than just moving rocks, moves rocks to help friends.

Ren saying he's demolishing the old order, just to take it over for self-serving purposes changing nothing.

Keeps you from getting a hold of it.
I mean, watching Luke turn into a sad hermit wasn't fulfilling but it was a drat brave choice.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

McCloud posted:

The moment they share when they realize their people share the same saying is very sweet, we have far more in common than we have differences, so why hate?
When he's like "yeah my people are racist as gently caress I hate them" I got strong "Jewish but gently caress Likud" vibes.

And it is a great and minor plot point that she's super accepting of Cyborg and is pretty shady about Arthur. That whole graveyard chill scene is definitely something a hack would say cut because it's an empty 7 minutes.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

teagone posted:

"Hate is useless."

Also, that saying: "None are taken back from the darkness. Not without giving one up in return."

ARTHUR nods knowingly.

ARTHUR
The law of Equivalent Exchange...

DIANA
You know too of this law?

THEY EXCHANGE a knowing glance

TOGETHER
FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
JJ's Dollar Store Episode 6 even got the whole "hid a kid in secret from the empire" and probably set it up as a Solo twin or something.

You know, when the SnyderCut movement started I was just like "release it as a comic" and holy shut would we have missed out if that were the case.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Snyder's planned story has already undergone changes.

Superman, for example, seems perfectly at ease with his humanity (whereas the original was him being more alien and distant and Kent effectively being dead). Otherwise his reunion at the farm makes no sense.

I have to believe that they decided on The Kid being Clark's but possibly without powers.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

2house2fly posted:

it just occurred to me that Barry Allen outruns an explosion by running towards it
That's the kind of amazing bullshit that deserves to be added to the infamous GOES FAST txt

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
That's because the Brits are such prigs that they'll literally teasplain a proper cup to someone old enough to predate tea as a concept. :cheersdoge:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Find a single shot like this in an Iron Mans movie. Do it. I dare you.
Easy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Jerk McJerkface posted:

This is not what I was expecting but as always CD never disappoints.