Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM-Bja2Gy04

:worship:

ALL HAIL DUDEBRODIA KING SNYDER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

lmao, aged like milk.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Roman posted:

Marvel movies mostly are a collection of cultural references and winking at the camera, and Wandavision is directly about all that, so it's funny to see some of those fans get worked up about one Joker meme

You just know the MCU multiverse Spider-Man 3 movie is gonna have Tobey Maguire, Andrew Garfield, and Tom Holland recreate the pointing Spider-Man meme. They have to, right? It's just too predictable.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Roman posted:

Into the Spiderverse did it already (post credits)

Oh yeah I know, but way more people are going to watch the MCU Spider-Man movie than the amount that turned out for Spider-Verse.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

live with fruit posted:

Why does Bruce Wayne still dress up as Batman in a post-apocalyptic wasteland? It seems like there would be no one left to protect his identity from, or to inspire.

Bruce Wayne is the persona. Batman is the real person. Duh.

[edit] Damnit!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

If you've posted ITT, you are an objectivist frat-bro now.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

hiddenriverninja posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwlT2mblEFg

drat I am so hyped for this new (original?) score

gently caress me.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Guy A. Person posted:

I’m not even sure if there’s a single poster on here who likes his entire filmography. Maybe teagone? I like 2 (hopefully soon to be 3!) of his movies.

Probably just me, yeah, lol. Snyder is absolutely one of my favorite directors.

[edit] I also have the most posts in the dome.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I honestly like Snyder movies mostly because of how pretty they are.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

josh04 posted:

No-one else made the straightforward objection here, that those are all people actively engaged in scams, corruption, fascism, and Star Citizen where Zack Snyder is just a guy who directs movies.

You forgot sexual abuse, misogyny, and just abhorrently toxic behavior in general.

That Snyder just made some movies a person doesn't like shouldn't immediately have them draw comparisons to some of the worst loving people to exist. Something is broken if that happens imo, and is worth pursuing self-reflection if whoever finds themselves having that sort of immediate reaction because gently caress dude, lol.

[Edit] I know people want to justify their opinions, but drat, don't do it by immediately associating people who disagree with actual really, really lovely individuals who should be fired into the sun. Be better.

teagone fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Feb 16, 2021

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Roth posted:

War Machine got to sucker punch Chris Pratt, so he has my support.

They also broke his back and made him require Stark tech to move his legs. Disney maintaining that balance.

teagone fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Feb 16, 2021

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Don't say cripple

My bad.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I was exposed to the likes of Aliens, Robocop, Predator, Crying Freeman, and Ninja Scroll all at a super young age. Lmao.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

Haha, roughly the same experience. Ninja Scroll, Vampire Hunter D and Guyver - turned my world around on ultra violence along with my neighbor letting me play Doom.

Yup, pretty much the same for me. Ninja Scroll and Crying Freeman were like gateway drugs that led to my discovery of Guyver, Vampire Hunter D, Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Fist of the North Star, and the Street Fighter Animated Movie. Those are the ones I ended up watching multiple times.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

AccountSupervisor posted:

The Vanity Fair article says "He has reshot the ending with a hero cameo that will blow hardcore fans minds".

Curious if this is someone other than Martian Manhunter given his appearance is supposed to be earlier.

Perhaps Green Lantern? Might make sense given we see the ring fly away in the history lesson.

My secret wish is Keanu Reeve's Constantine as a setup for HBO Max's Justice League Dark.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Maybe it's buff Jonah Hill as Guy Gardner.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

McCloud posted:

Guy Gardner is the worst GL, so I hope not

Yeah, but... buff Jonah Hill.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Necrothatcher posted:

Jack Black Green Lantern please.

I'd be down with this too.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

2am EST. 11pm PST on the 17th.

Was this confirmed? Because I would have thought it'd follow WW84's HBO Max release, dropping at like 11AM pacific the day of.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Robot Style posted:

The movie also tracks in some of the score from Sunshine during her First Flight moment, which is kind of a weird choice since it's used so often in trailers and things that it would be familiar to audiences as something distinctly modern.

I found it super distracting. Mostly because why wouldn't you use a piece of original music for a character moment like that? But as much as the music annoyed me (to the point where I cut a re-scored version of it for myself lol), the choice to have a man be the catalyst for Diana's power of flight is way worse tbh.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

well why not posted:

Junkie XL is hopefully going to go full-on Brothers In Arms (from Fury Road) for Cyborg.

I think you meant full-on Motorball from Alita:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K_CzTLFpAA

Shared cyborg connection between the characters and all; seems more apt :haw:

Brothers in Arms slaps though, for sure.

teagone fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Mar 3, 2021

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Double post

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

https://twitter.com/ZackSnyder/status/1367512129171955716?s=09

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I've got goosebumps

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I will stream ZSJL on loop the weekend of release probably.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Wait...they have?

I wouldn't be surprised! gently caress WB.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Mr. Apollo posted:

In the Batman teaser, when Lex says "If you want the Batman, here is something that can help you." do you think he's talking to Deathstroke on his yacht and reveals that Batman is Bruce Wayne? The ending of JL was supposed to set up the batfleck solo film and Manganiello said that scene had been restored.

This would be my guess, yeah. I remember Affleck's solo Batman film was meant to explore Deathstroke brutally dismantling Bruce's life from the inside out.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

You know that's what they actually meant when they said "lighter in tone"

:eyepop:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

The week of ZSJL release, I will be streaming Man of Steel on March 16th late-ish around 9PM central to the Snack Snyder Chat channel in the CineD Discord. The next day on March 17th, around the same time, I will stream BvS Ultimate Edition. This is assuming my ISP doesn't destroy my upload bandwidth on either of those days.

If ZSJL drops early morning on March 18th, I will stay up to stream it after the BvS Ultimate Edition stream for anyone who wants to brave a morning showtime.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I'm doing a test stream of BvS Ultimate Edition on HBO Max in the CineD Discord right now and it's working great. We good to go on the 18th...

:getin:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

https://twitter.com/ZackSnyder/status/1369335778615169028

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Just watching this again that sounds like Laurence Fishburne delivering pontificating some lines, right? Or am I crazy? :tinfoil: There's scenes between Perry and Cyborg?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Mr. Apollo posted:

yeah, it does.

Oh I was beaten earlier and didn't even realize, lmao. And yeah, maybe Perry and Swanwick are people MM has posed as... would be hilarious in retrospect with the scenes between Clark and Perry in BvS where a few of us jokingly mentioned Perry probably knows Clark is Superman and likes to give him poo poo lol.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Robot Style posted:

It's Silas Stone.

Laurence Fishburne has a fairly distinct voice though. It definitely sounds like him delivering the "1s and 0s" and the "brave ones" lines to me. Listening to the clip with headphones now, and nevermind, it sorta doesnt sound as much like Fishburne anymore. But drat, I was just having Morpheus flashbacks considering the content of the lines I guess lol.

[edit] Err, well poo poo, I dunno. If it's not Fisburne, it's Joe Morton doing a drat good impression of him lmao.

Martman posted:

While it would be cool for Martian Manhunter to be all over the place, it would be a bit... odd to be like "oh every random Black man you've seen all this time? it was all me"

Like, let Perry White just be a dude, he's awesome as it is.

I think there was a storyboard that showed MM to be Lois Lane at one point too, lol.

teagone fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Mar 9, 2021

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Martman posted:

Ok now this I like

Looked it up, and Snyder posted the storyboard himself to Vero.

Robot Style posted:

From what I've heard about that sequence, there's definitely some Matrix inspiration, so it's probably intentional.

That's hilarious, lol. I love it.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Jimbot posted:

No kidding. That one's probably my favorite promo to date.

Same. Definitely shows off those LotR vibes the storyboards were aiming for and I absolutely love that.

Its very Morgoth/Sauron vibes and is totally in line with these intended to be more like LotR style epic myth/legends

Lol, gently caress, beaten. I should have refreshed.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

John Wick of Dogs posted:

This lady is the one who did the interview with Snyder a couple days ago but does she have any credibility on stuff like this? Seems entirely wishful thinking. Also I don't think Snyder would do a WW film unless Patty Jenkins specifically asked him to.

She's just fishing for max CPM riding off the attention her interviews with Zack have given her. No way in hell WB gives Snyder control of Wonder Woman 3 imo.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I wish they would give a confirmation as to what time ZSJL will drop on HBO Max.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

This countdown here is what will tell you. It looks like typical 3am morning of the 18th.

https://zacksnydersjusticeleague.dcuniverseinfinite.com/

Well gently caress, guess I'm staying up til 3AM on Thursday. Will be screening BvS Ultimate Edition a couple hours before then. I'm so ready.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Basebf555 posted:

I'm not really worrying about what time the Snyder cut is dropping because I kinda assume I'm gonna have trouble streaming it in 1080p for like the first 24 hours or so. I don't trust HBOMax to handle all the traffic.

Only diehard turbonerd cultists like me will be streaming it once it drops at 3AM central time, so hopefully I will have no problem watching it in all its 4K glory.