Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

I wish HBO would just release it this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

2house2fly posted:

Youtube video guy Dan Olson did a video about the Snyder Cut like 6 months before it was announced, and said the reason he didn't think it would see the light of day in a finished form (though he speculated it may go on HBO Max) was that the people who would decide whether to release it were the same people who would look bad either way by releasing it- it's good and they look like fools for butchering it in the first place, or it's bad and they look like fools for throwing good money after bad to polish a turd; on that same logic I guess I could see those same people trying to save some face by diluting whatever impact the film's release might have with leaks or whatever. I have no idea if WB suits are in a position to have someone upload the wrong video file when they put up a new version of Tom & Jerry though. It could equally be some guy working there who got the wrong video file (I-possibly naively-assume some version of uploading a video file to a server happens at streaming services; who uploads them and how are they labelled?) maybe a Snyder superfan wanting to share it a bit early, or one of the haters hoping a few out of context scenes make it onto twitter so everyone can say it's clearly poo poo because Superman looks so angry. It's interesting either way; I don't think I've heard of a streaming service loving up in this way before

If they were going to hurt the film with the Tom and Jerry thing being a leak, wouldn't it make more sense to just leak the file of the whole movie? That would do a lot more to decrease how many people view it through hbo max.

I mentioned this story to a friend and he pointed out recently he had been encountering random glitches on hbo max. He was watching one episode of a show and it was playing audio from the previous episode. They are probably just having a bunch of tech issues.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

I like the Green Lantern in the background of the past battle scene. I wonder if/how much the design will differ from the theatrical version.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Kiersey Clemons was cast to play Iris West again in the Flash movie. Lol at the third sentence in the article.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/kiersey-clemons-to-star-in-the-flash-movie-exclusive?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

"Kiersey Clemons has closed a deal to star opposite Ezra Miller in Warner Bros.' DC movie The Flash.

The actress will reprise her role as Iris West, the romantic interest of Barry Allen, aka The Flash. Clemons portrayed the intrepid reporter West in Justice League but her role was cut by director Zack Snyder back in 2017 before he turned the film over to Joss Whedon. Snyder added her character back in recently for his upcoming cut, which debuts on HBO Max on March 18."

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Basebf555 posted:

Did we already have confirmation that Keaton was playing Batman? I don't remember that being confirmed although it was definitely a rumored possibility.

I think the link below was the first reference from what I'd consider a credible source confirming Keaton is going to be in the movie. There could be something from earlier than this but I think most of it is from rumor sites that post anything.
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2020/08/ben-affleck-returns-batman-the-flash-multiverse-keaton

Roth posted:

Give Wonder Woman 3 to Cathy Yan

That's what's up. Birds of Prey is so underrated. Wish it hadn't had the worst ad campaign in recent memory for a comic movie*.

*that isn't New Mutants.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

I wish Dogma was available to stream or buy digitally anywhere.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

hiddenriverninja posted:

The whole parallel "character falls onto a woman's chest" shot thing is just all kinds of ick.

It just reeks of someone telling a joke, nobody laughing, and them telling it again louder.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Mar 13, 2021

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Somehow this is one of my most anticipated movies of the year, lol.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

My theory is that Marvel being gone from theaters for almost 2 years has created mental space for people to process different takes on cape flicks. For better or worse, Man of Steel was released about 14 months after The Avengers and people were comparing the two.

They were also comparing it to the Nolan Batman movies.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Were they? I completely forgot. Could you get me a cite on that (if you can't - no problem, I believe you, just want to read one for myself)

I meant Nolan Batmovies in general not just Dark Knight. Didn't get the edit on time. This partially happened because the Man of Steel previews mentioned "producer Christopher Nolan Director of the Dark Knight Trilogy".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wArmHSPIvlQ

I did not mean to say there are comparisons going around between Snyder Cut and the Nolan movies. Apologies for any confusion.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Zaphod42 posted:

We're talking about BvS here. JL I'm absolutely going to give a chance seeing the other cut. Or did BvS also get meddled with heavily?

With Keaton as the alternate universe Thomas Wayne?! :allears: oh poo poo

Seems wild to blow Flashpoint on a Flash movie and not a full JL squad, but I guess it is pretty centered on him so it can work as long as you get the necessary cameos. I thought Affleck was pretty done with the cape, that's great if he'll be in it.

Keaton is playing Keaton movie Batman. They are using Flashpoint to open up the multiverse instead of making it just time travel. They want to use Keaton Batman as a DCEU Nick Fury type.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

This movie was great. Loved the score. Aquaman is how Wolverine should act in the next X-Men movie. Loved how much better Flash and Cyborg were in this one. Wonder Woman's action scenes in this were better than in WW84. Batman's character development from the last movie was continued/done well. Steppenwolf's new look was great, his armor was awesome. He felt much more like a character in this version than an end game boss. People complaining about the length should just watch chapters 1-4 as one movie and 5-epilogue as another. I'm shocked at how much I liked this. The improvement from BvS to BvS Ultimate Cut was one thing but this is one of the best director's cuts of all time.

This movie will be a great educational tool to highlight the importance of directors, scores, and editing.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Every live action film featuring the Joker since man has landed on the moon has won an Oscar. Is this movie eligible for one?

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Its Chocolate posted:

what if the excessiveness of the post-credit scenes is satire on Marvel

I appreciate they didn't put the scenes in the credits. Those aren't as bad at home but I hate waiting for post credits scenes in theaters.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Augus posted:

Joss Whedon's Justice League is a horrendous movie

Currently the 6th best selling movie on the itunes charts lol.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I don't think some of you realize how op Martian Manhunter is.

Most of the powers of Superman:
Flight
Invulnerability
Super Strength
"Martian Vision"(more like Cyclops beams than heat)
Survive in space

Also:
Shape Shifting
Density control(walk through walls or become super hard)
Professor X Level telepathy

Only major downside is his weakness is very common and easy to access: Fire

Why doesn’t he wear a full body suit and mask that are fireproof?

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Frankly I was upset he didn't put in more. $100,000 will not buy 1/4th of the space she needs in a major city.

Rent is probably cheap in Gotham.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

I think if they had split this into two movies with part 1 ending after chapter 4 (with part 1 coming a week after part 2), there wouldn't be nearly as many complaints about the length. Still can't get over how much better the score is in this. It makes several scenes.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Detective No. 27 posted:

That's amazing. I'm due for a rewatch of Sucker Punch.

Are both versions of Sucker Punch worth watching or just the director's cut?

The guitar growl whenever the team preps out is, quite simply, radical.

Easily one of my favorite bits. It was so awesome.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

WW84 beat Snydercut in views for the first 3 days of availability on HBO Max.
https://deadline.com/2021/03/justice-league-snyder-cut-wonder-woman-1984-hbo-max-viewership-1234720662/
I feel like this is kind of obvious since one is a 4 hour R rated movie and the other is a 2.5 hour PG13 movie released on Christmas.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

I didn't think there was anti Snyder motivations from the studio initially but it feels more and more like there is. WW84 got a sequel announcement immediately. Snydercut immediately got a we are done with that announcement. It is hard to take WB at face value for anything after how they've treated Ray Fisher. People acting in the right don't do press releases for fake Frosty the Snowman movies starring Jason Mamoa.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Is the Knightmare future a timeline where the mother boxes merged or could it still happen with Darkseid coming/"using the old ways"?

well why not posted:

I'd always chalked it up to backlash from being the first to follow Ledger.

It is this plus the tattoos.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Mar 26, 2021

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Just warning everyone in this thread, the trailer for The Suicide Squad that dropped today makes a lot of the deaths obvious imo. If you want to go into the movie unspoiled, skip the trailer.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Sodomy Hussein posted:

My sense of the Star Wars sequels is that Disney had no overarching plan, so went JJ, who made a nice homage movie, to Rian Johnson, who made a Star Wars movie with several different layers to it, and then panicked and went back to JJ with a big mess because Disney is extremely sensitive about cultivating the fandom.

I can't believe they made such an expensive trilogy and had no idea who the villain was going to be until JJ decided it was Palpatine all along.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Gatts posted:

Where’s my Jay and Silent Bob show up at Battfleck’s manor scene, Snyder?

They showed up in character in the Arrowverse fairly recently. Since DCEU Flash showed up on Arrowverse Flash, Jay and Silent Bob are in the DC live action multiverse. We just need Flash to help them hop universes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Detective No. 27 posted:

Imagine if Zod had won, teraformed Earth, and then got invaded by Steppenwolf.

Steppenwolf would have never showed up without Lex calling him in BvS.