Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I hated TLJ because Luke says "what'd you expect? Me to pick up a laser sword and fight the empire all on my own?" And at the time I was like yes, exactly that. That is what I want in my Star Wars.

Then we got that in The Mandolorian and it was full on stupid.

So now I don't know what I want and I'm confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

PeterCat posted:

It's Holy Week so let's remember that Jor-El so loved the world he gave his only Son (begotten, not made), to be a savior of the world.

That Son suffered, died and was buried, and in the third movie rose from the dead to save us from the fires of hell.

Find a single shot like this in an Iron Mans movie. Do it. I dare you.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

This is not what I was expecting but as always CD never disappoints.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I went and saw Affleck's Dare Devil during a period when I was extremely depressed and seriously considering suicide. I decided to be more outgoing and try to have more friends. A group of casual friends we going to see it and I went with them. After the movie I used the bathroom, as you do, and when I came out they had all forgotten I was there and left.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Darko posted:

Oh God no, anything beyond the first season was more dire than the movie, including the big crossover where Daredevil was somehow worse than Iron Fist.

I'm crippled by the weight of all the content Marvel expects you to consume. I just can't even be bothered to keep up with it. I find myself more interested in re-watching Seinfeld or Parks and Rec rather than starting on the path of trying to keep up with the MCU. I'm almost relieved that there's no more DCEU to deal with.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

smoobles posted:

It was great, but for the love of god please don't #restorethesnyderverse because my aging body can't handle 4 hour superhero movies

I can only handle binge watching episodic shows because my cat chewed the pause button off my remote.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Snowman_McK posted:

This is true of the best ones too, though. This is the issue. They're all fine. There's not a bad one, and there's not a truly great one.

This is my problem with 90% of everything now. I'm almost half way done living, and I don't have time for just "eh it's fine" now. I don't want to go to my grave regretting that I didn't keep up on the MCU or the Star Wars or whatever.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Snowman_McK posted:

You'll be pleased to know that at least one of the new Star Wars things is straight up bad.

I've decided that I no longer rate films on whether they're good or bad, but on whether they're interesting. It's done me a lot of good.

They look like poo poo, rush the CGI artists and actively hide how good the costumes look.

Mandolorian is oppressively uninteresting. It's literally a guy walking through video game cut scenes and wookiepedia articles.

One fantastic side effect of it was it retroactively made me like the Last Jedi's Luke parts. In the TLJ he says "what do you want me to pick up a laser sword and fight the entire first order?". Pre-mando I thought yes that's exactly what I want. Then we get it, and I'm like wait no not like that. Now I'm confused and I realized I just don't have time for any of this.

I'm just going to sit in my chair and read Catcher in the Rye again and leave all this malarkey in the bin where it belongs.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Eh, somewhat, I guess the main thing that bugs me is when there's a plot point or scene which seems to only exist to justify a cool looking shot or because that's how it was in the source material, without really having it make sense to happen in the context of the movie. Which, again, I thought Justice League did a good job of avoiding, for the most part the plot and the more impressive set pieces have a good flow and are well supported. It was mostly minor things like wondering "where are they trying to take this box? What should I be hoping happens at the end of this scene?"

not to be like a super contrarian, but comic books are 100% designed around cool drawings first and incredibly nonsense stories second.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Wingnut Ninja posted:

No, that's exactly my point, they're fun as long as you enjoy the spectacle and don't think too hard about it.

so close but yet it evades you again

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Mr. Apollo posted:

John Des Jardin, who is Zack’s VFX supervisor, said that the Flash time travel sequence is the first thing WB cut after Snyder left because the execs didn’t understand it.

https://youtu.be/uhKEbMK8OBc

The Warner Brothers need take control of their studio back and fire everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

https://www.reddit.com/r/HailCorporate/

these are clearly a fake guerilla viral marketing campaign