Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Darko posted:

I guess that's what happens when Wonder Woman 1984 randomly uses A Beautiful Lie for no reason.

It makes sense because after bvs he's no longer lying to himself about what he does.

And i just want to hear lex's theme again, probably the greatest theme out of a comic book film since elfman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Darko posted:

I'm looking forward to Flight coming back. Superman didn't get it in BvS, and I'm almost entirely sure that it was to celebrate him coming back in JL.

I expect we'll hear at least a remixed version for cyborg.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Basebf555 posted:

Jupiter Ascending has it's supporters in CineD(I'm one of them), but god help you out in the real world if you ever say you like it. People get hostile about it, they loving hate Jupiter Ascending.

This worst is when they lead with " i heard it was bad." Had someone say this to me about macgruber, then they called a week later to say it was good. Ironically, that's what killed speed racer.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

teagone posted:

The week of ZSJL release, I will be streaming Man of Steel on March 16th late-ish around 9PM central to the Snack Snyder Chat channel in the CineD Discord. The next day on March 17th, around the same time, I will stream BvS Ultimate Edition. This is assuming my ISP doesn't destroy my upload bandwidth on either of those days.

If ZSJL drops early morning on March 18th, I will stay up to stream it after the BvS Ultimate Edition stream for anyone who wants to brave a morning showtime.
But what about the updated bvs that drops on the 18th? I'm doing a triple feature instead of a daily thing because of this.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

2house2fly posted:

I saw a quick clip someone took and it looks kind of like the Knightmare is being compressed into flashforwards- there's a scene of Batman, Flash, Cyborg and Mera all preparing for battle, with the Joker laughing off to the side, then Evil Superman shows up with glowing red eyes, cut to Present Day Bruce Wayne waking up from a horrible dream!

This gives me hope that the movie might actually wrap things up satisfyingly rather than ending on a cliffhanger to be resolved in a movie that'll never be made

There's always been a wrap up to the immediate threat, but stuff happens after. I don't think Zack would lie about something like that.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Too bad the pfizer vax needs a second shot, wouldn't be dosed in time.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

The most competent run down I've seen is that WB have created a pattern only for ZSJL material. None of their other slates, not even WW84 had any kind of leaks. ZSJL has been leaked at every level, how can this be, when they control everything on their platform? Even the darkseid teasers weren't supposed to be up yet.

WB did not want the Snyder cut, AT&T went over their heads with HBO max and greenlit the project. Snyder has already mentioned how hard it was to get solid details on distribution.

The conspiracy is, the more leaks, the more bad word of mouth and lower numbers, so when the restorethesnyderverse calls get louder, because they already see them, they want Snyder to have less leverage in regards to even being considered to come back to the table. It's why they counter programmed with the black Superman announcement, with the side affect of knocking Fisher's claims.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Someone is collecting the reactions

https://twitter.com/lila_zelenyy/status/1370903658854903812?s=19

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

It must be nice to be Zach Snyder because if an obsessives fan insists they seen shapes in random configurations of light you can just go "Yep that was planned" and it sounds entirely plausible.

He wishes he was kojima. It's more folks got so unironically deep in the "too deep for me" meme and just started pulling poo poo. I did find a tweet saying the omega beams spell END to be more compelling and thematic.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

That's true, I remember hearing a trailer house did the final movie edit?

Lmao, are we going to see a "release the Suicide Squad cut" campaign ever? :)

Both Ayer and Yan,the director is BoP have expressed they'd like to follow suit with their own true cuts. Ayer has been very vocal on Twitter about HIS cut

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

McCloud posted:

Challenging in the sense that the audiences preconceptions are challenged. Man of Steel famously features massive collateral damage due to the metropolis fight, and people reacted harshly to this because they are used to sanitized violence where no one but the bad guys get hurt.

The audience is fine with this

https://twitter.com/CBMshots/status/1351140908272594953?s=20

because "no one got hurt", but they freak the gently caress out over this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTxZl_ffcv0

because oh my gosh knocking villains through buildings has consequences who could have known!!

It's jarring and unsettling. That's an example of what i mean

Edit: That youtube link is proclick btw, it edits the metropolis segment from MoS and BvS together and it looks smooth af

Trying to watch the dc movies we missed, so we're watching Aquaman today but had to take a break. It's the antithesis of Snyder's films, where there's no real consequence out side of plot reasons. It's pretty much exposition and explosions the movie, he's just using powers with no thought, committing suicide if that traumatized pilot is to be believed. Aquadkid openly uses his powers and changes his eyes and nothing comes of it. It felt like king dolph admitted no one could believe the plot but they knew it was needed in order to have a movie. We're gonna try and finish it tomorrow and then start shazam, Shazam can't be worse right?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I think my main issue with aquaman is it doesn't commit to being a wacky comic film. It's got all this poppy dumb modern dialogue that bogs things down when the only other things they're saying are plot points and motivations. Like in the beginning mantadad hits Aquaman with a grenade and while he's down on the ground literally smoking, no one quips anything about a fish fry. Either go all in or don't.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

It was half of all life, meaning, as someone pointed out, the survivors all had some pretty intense nightmare shits from the missing stomach flora immediately after

I really liked Endgame but I'll always enjoy Infinity War more for the kid behind me getting super excited that Thor was going to save the day then crying "Spider-man nooo" when he didn't lmao
Spiderman's death is so manufactured for maximum tears, everyone else is almost immediately gone and Spidey gets a full oscar clip. Just rolled my eyes. But that was literally all the movie was, emotional manipulation. It is baffling anyone believed thanos was actually sad about killing gamora, a person he indiscriminately calls his child due to capture, death and imprisonment just like a ton of others.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

KVeezy3 posted:

It reminds me of the way they wrote Dr. Strange declaring that they only had one path to victory, which justifies everything both retroactively and proactively.

Oh man, that being the trigger also made my eyes spin. I can't believe they brought Tilda back for that poo poo. I mean she's the best actor the MCU has ever shot on screen, but her little, " oh he gave it away, here" is so trite and obviously just trying to keep the movie from collapsing into a logic black hole.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Wibbboly wobbily time stuff wouldn't allow it any other way apparently. The time lords needed the cosmos to know star lord is a selfish short sighted piece of poo poo apparently.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

I think the cinematography at times makes mistakes; the fake camera focus and shake makes it harder to follow the already extremely kinetic action, rather than doing the JJ Abrams thing he should have done like George Miller in Fury Road and totally locked the camera center on Superman during super fast combat, so your eyes can follow the action easier.
Not a mistake, he's using " handheld" to allow the obvious cgi objects to become reality, so the camera is purposefully having a hard time keeping up with what's going on. It follows through with how Superman is shot when he approaches the court in BvS, these are monsters battling.

But I have to disagree, the mos fights are some of the most readable and best fight scenes he's done.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Mar 17, 2021

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

We just finished aquaman and both burst out laughing that the"who is this man" silhouette of aquaman in the after credits button had his stringy long hair. What a movie. Loved mamoa and the human parts about brotherly love, if that was all the sequel was about I'd be in. The comic book poo poo and action was so trite, though sometimes good to look at, and it's constantly telling you what's going to happen.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Mar 17, 2021

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I think one of my favorite parts of Aquaman is the music montage out of loving nowhere when Black Manta makes his suit like ask of a sudden you're watching Iron Man

Another laugh break. It wouldn't be a problem if the movie didn't so laboriously tell you every little other thing, but this dude macgrubering a suit full of tech he had never seen before was hilarious.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Should be better than people passing around motion smoothed gifs to laugh at.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

fart simpson posted:

, bland generic superhero movie

Literally after everything and all these years of internet memery, and that's what you go with lol

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Quotey posted:

This was more of a joke, though I guess it works if you want to get nitpicky. I would say watch a couple scenes from both thinking about it though- actually, it appears that Whedon ends up stretching a shot rather than snipping it because it's filmed only to work in 4:3?

But you could have set it to work in 16:9 as well I assume? I don't know anything about filming movies.

I don't actually know/care what's better. Maybe this one would be worse in 16:9? When the camera pans to show Aquaman.

Like I say, I don't know film and I'm not much of a smart watcher. So maybe that would look great in 16:9. People being bothered by black bars is fine IMO.

But in 16:9 there's black bars. Just watched mos again and felt like i needed to duck to see the top of the frame.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

The best thing about ZSJL is that dark and edgy have lost all meaning.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

That's because its not 16:9, its usually 1.33:1 with film. 16:9 on a 16:9 display would have zero black bars.

Yes but it's still cutting off the top if it's not framed right and older tvs will still need a zoom function. If this movie wasn't shot so well, then I could see a complaint, but you're losing nothing with 4:3.

Bomb-omb Texting posted:

What is the point of this movie? : D
To consume, just like any other comic book film.
You should probably stick to documentaries if you don't like "meaningless" art.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

well why not posted:

The most recent MUSE album has a few tracks re-done with different instrumentation and vibes, labelled "Alternate Reality Version". EDM Producers will also make VIPs - "Variation in Production" for their tracks, sort of a self-remix or alternate take that'll be used for live shows or promo purposes.

This is more akin to one of those, than a simple editing shuffle.

Check out jaden smith's SYRE. It's an amazing hip hop album, but he later released something called "SYRE:the electric album in it's original 432 hz format." Completely different compositions and some lyric changes.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Aidan_702 posted:

Tbf I’ve never been a comic reader but have read a lot about them and still have no idea how the flash (or any flashes) got their power. I don’t think it’s very important but maybe a hint to it would be nice

They do hint at it, he was struck by lightning, which is destructive by nature.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

My favorite flash fact is that matter traveling at the speed of light becomes infinite, so one punch at that speed would destroy almost anything.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

McCloud posted:

Any person who thinks Whedons cut is in any way an improvement over Snyders has a viewpoint that is entirely foreign to me.

Pretty much. Whedon dialogue is so on the nose and cliche, I'll take navel gazing any day.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Communist Thoughts posted:

in general i think ZSJL better, unless you want a normal sized movie
but theres individual elements i think were better in the joss version here and there, like not fridging both of cyborgs parents or making martha an alien,

There's no plane of existence where "thirsty" Lois is better than two women having a heart to heart even if one of them turns out to be an alien after the fact. It just doesn't add up. Not just the dialogue, the only mise en scene was when the wwe wrestler visited the whedon set.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Communist Thoughts posted:

lol if the alien is now outta the box i dont have to talk in spoiler tags

i disagree completely. two women talking, even about being thirsty, is better than two women having a character advancing emotional conversation and it turns out one of the women is actually a shapeshifting man tricking the other woman into doing something/telling her what she should do

its a baffling decision and i imagine it wasn't meant to be MM when that was originally filmed but they needed to set him up for ????????

why was MM in this lol

So you're saying MM was wrong to nudge lois out the door? Or is it just because they're a man? Because a man wrote the thirsty line and turned her into a tool for Batman.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

The flash could probably find a way to exonerate his dad with his immense power by turning back time,

Stay tuned to the next flash movie

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Who's that? They said they didn't like it until an hour or so in. I feel like anyone who doesn't like the singing aquaman scene isn't a good taste maker.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Can someone explain the used condone thing?

During Skwad press tours rumors came out that Leto was sending the cast poo poo like the used condoms and dead rats to be method. Apparently it was super overblown.

Apparently the dude's still a piece of poo poo regardless of that, but I'll admit he had a good scene. His laugh was pretty much perfect.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Its Chocolate posted:

I've come to enlighten you to the great DARKness?

I love love love the delivery of this line.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Whedon had nothing to do with it. He was going to make a Wonder Woman movie which was a completely separate project, in the mid-00s, but it fell through and never happened. The script for it is around though and was pretty bad

Umm.. it kind of happened...

https://archive.org/details/wonder.woman.2011.unaired.pilot.dvdscr.xvidt00ng0d

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

It says a lot when folks talk about being annoyed Superman isn't centered in a justice league movie. Snyder was right to kill Clark, whedon did what has been suggested and Superman makes everyone sidekicks, it's boring and tensionless.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Nah man I like the scene but it's still pretty hilarious that she straight up destroyed a whole wall off a building then gently told a girl she could be anything she wanted to be. Like I expect it from psycho goreman not justice league
Wonder woman is the executioner of the Justice League. anytime someone talks about nerfing Diana in some way it just comes off as infantilization of women, like they can't be brutal and strong.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

garycoleisgod posted:

In MoS when Superman breaks his cuffs and approaches the window during his interrogation with Lois, Martian Manhunter is the only one who doesn't flinch or back away.

During Zods " you're not alone speech", when he says"one of our own are hiding on your planet." The camera shot starts with MM then cuts to Clark.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Rewatched josstice last night and I don't see how anyone could like that movie just for the way it treats everyone not Batman and superman. Batman is the aggressive dad that has to teach everyone, including Diana, how to be a leader. Meanwhile, as soon as Superman comes back, they immediately minimize the rest of the league for a couple quip moments. I had just read greg berlanti's(CW DC czar) writing room motto is losing the plot point but saving the character moment and that's pretty much the whole movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Brutalist Zack snyder has gone too far making Aquaman rude.