Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Quotey posted:

what are the dimensions of your wall

Closer to 4x3 but it's set-up to project at 16x9 because if I were to enlarge the image, my light fixture would get in the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Quotey posted:

if you wouldn't renovate your house for the snyder cut i have no respect for you

Apartment dweller.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Jay-V posted:

so did snyders dad die or smthn, he very obsessed with dads

He has a few adopted children. It's hard for me to separate that knowledge from his storytelling of Superman as an adopted immigrant or Cyborg's "I'm not alone" line.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I don't really think anyone can argue this is better than the theatrical cut. I mean it had to be right?

My friend said he thought the theatrical cut was better because it was more coherent. When pressed, he was annoyed at how long scenes are. Or browse Rotten Tomatoes and you can find reviews like this, where the reviewer must really love Joss Whedon movies:
https://www.ashevillemovies.com/new/zack-snyders-justice-league

Asheville movies posted:

It’s a fitting omission, as the rest of this four-hour extended version is one giant middle finger to Whedon and the mirth, brevity, and competent storytelling he brought to his surprisingly respectable patch-up job.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

bushisms.txt posted:

I'll never understand the complaints about Superman coming out wrong when he was raised from the dead by a device created of evil incarnate.

Especially when the last time it was done in the film, it gave birth to a giant troll creature.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

Is there an HBO Max thread or something to ask about problems? like everything I play now maximizes to half my monitor in both firefox and chrome.
I know this is not the place but I figure it's a pretty active thread someone has got to have my issue, although google says otherwise.

Mine was window boxed until i held ctrl and used the mouse wheel to zoom in.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Robot Style posted:

Is this just misremembering Superman Returns again? Because Gotham is mentioned on a news broadcast in that movie.

Metropolis is mentioned in Batman Forever - "The circus must be halfway to Metropolis by now!"

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Almost Blue posted:

I thought the priest was supposed to be one of the bullies from when Clark was a kid?

I don't think so, but the ihop manager definitely was!

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Blood Boils posted:

The priest isn't from Smallville, and the Kents are Methodist iirc

I'll have to rewatch the film. For some reason, I always assumed Clark went to a church in Metropolis, but Clark wouldn't have any reason to be in Metropolis at that point, right? So wouldn't it make more sense for it to be a priest for Smallville? And he appeared at Clark's funeral - I suppose the assumption is either he was the pastor at the family's church, or Clark visited him regularly enough that he knew to reach out to Martha Kent after Superman was killed.

Julius CSAR posted:

I don’t think so but I am pretty sure the priest is the guy presiding over Clark’s funeral at the end of BvS

Yes, it's the same character at the funeral

roffels fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Mar 29, 2021

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Chairman Capone posted:

I looked this up and found that for some reason Whedon changed the cop's name. What a weirdly petty thing to do.
I think it's a separate character entirely - he's the cop that checks Barry in at the prison in the Whedon cut.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I'm sorry but this is incorrect according to my sources, which is a Deborah Snyder interview with The Insider.

https://www.insider.com/justice-league-snyder-cut-how-joker-scene-was-made-2021-3

Go over there, you'll see her saying that the only additional shooting was for the Knightmare. Also, Snyder has been showing off his Martian Manhunter transformation storyboard for years. Here's an article from 2019, you can see the storyboard for the sequence in it. Snyder storyboards ALL scenes in pre-production before he shoots them, which means that storyboard panel was probably drawn in 2016.

https://cosmicbook.news/zack-snyder-martian-manhunter-harry-lennix

The Knightmare is the only completely new scene, but Harry Lennix was part of the reshoots:

quote:

Lennix filmed his new scenes for 'Zack Snyder's Justice League' in August and October 2020
Technically, there's only one completely new scene that was filmed for the "Snyder Cut," which was Bruce Wayne's dream where Batman and the Joker speak with one another for the first time.

But Lennix also filmed scenes so he could be put into the new version of the movie.

"I did most of my work off of a green screen," Lennix said of the Martha Kent/Bruce Wayne scenes. "I did two-part days. There was one day I went in August and did the scene at the elevator and then I did the other scene with Ben Affleck. I did that sometime in October."

Snyder told the ReelBlend podcast that Lennix filmed the first scene in his driveway in August.

Lennix also talks about it here around the 6 minute mark:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZnByCRNdIc

roffels fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Mar 30, 2021

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

I wish more superhero films would throw us in part-way through their superhero careers. It's kind of refreshing that Barry Allen was already doing his superheroing without us having to see his childhood trauma or getting zapped by lightning. His introduction in JL was near perfect.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

AFoolAndHisMoney posted:

These are interesting takes I hadn't considered while watching the movie.

Is the implication here fueling the theme that some detractors have put forward that in Snyder's movies Superman brings an inherently negative impact on the world?
In MoS he ended up leading Zod and the phantom zone criminals to Earth, his influence led to Luthor making Doomsday and now with his return he's going to succumb to the Anti-Life equation.

I personally feel that the films are generally far more supportive of Superman as an inherent force for good and that Clark in particular makes it so thanks to him being a good person from his upbringing so I'm just a little intrigued at the implication that bringing back Superman is a bad thing and how that fits with Snyder's depiction of Superman in MoS and BvS.

Can't have your hero cake without some horses dying.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

ZS JL sequence of events:

Flash time travels and gives Victor the charge to interface and separate the Motherbox.

Victor enters and exits the Motherbox realm, Superman helps separate the motherboxes.

Flash is nowhere to be seen.

Flash is missing up until after Darkseid steps on Steppenwolf's head, when he zips into frame. Where was Flash all that time? Cut sequence? Editing error?

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Guy A. Person posted:

If it's anything like the previous instance he did this, his momentum might have ping-ponged him off somewhere where he got temporarily knocked silly before coming to his senses and dashing back.

ALFbrot posted:

When he ran fast and touched the box, his momentum tossed him across the pond like a goofus. This time he broke the speed of light so I imagine he was off in the Ukraine for a minute before collecting himself and heading back

That makes sense. Thanks!

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Not going to lie, I have a morbid curiosity to see the Whedon cut without WB's interference, such as that Batman rooftop sequence that they made him cut jokes out of.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Kurzon posted:

It's legacy is that producer-driven moviemaking can be better than director-driven moviemaking. WB made the mistake of letting Zack Snyder do what he wanted. What WB should have done was find someone like Kevin Feige.

I'm not going to argue with anyone on this, I just find it sad because I think many people earnestly believe this to be a good thing.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Thanks for the reminder, just ordered the 4K set because I guess I like to be upcharged despite only having blu-ray playback.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

And I just got word my 4K copy isn't available any more. drat it!

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

if we believe there’s even a one percent chance that Megaman's Jockstrap is our enemy we have to take it as an absolute certainty… and we have to destroy him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

ruddiger posted:

It’s gonna be loving hilarious when the Snyder Cut sells more units on home video than the Suicide Squad.

Maybe it would if you could find it.